The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: Bobby Isosceles on February 25, 2005, 01:26:02 pm

Title: Best musical based on Road House feat. Patrick Swayze ever
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 25, 2005, 01:26:02 pm
Behold:

ROAD HOUSE: THE PLAY (http://www.roadhousetheplay.com/)

The Stage Version of the Cinema Classic That Starred Patrick Swayze, Except This One Stars Tajmak, from the 80's Cult Classic The Last Dragon, Wearing a Blonde Mullet Wig.
Title: Best musical based on Road House feat. Patrick Swayze ever
Post by: Gimpson on February 25, 2005, 02:29:43 pm
When I saw this subject, I simply assumed Dirty Dancing.  Is that the second best musical based on a Patrick Swayze cult classic?
Title: Best musical based on Road House feat. Patrick Swayze ever
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 25, 2005, 02:34:05 pm
Quote from: "Gimpson"
When I saw this subject, I simply assumed Dirty Dancing.  Is that the second best musical based on a Patrick Swayze cult classic?


I will modify the topic accordingly
Title: Best musical based on Road House feat. Patrick Swayze ever
Post by: robot_roll_call on February 25, 2005, 02:37:35 pm
LET'S HAVE A PATRICK SWAYZE CHRISTMAS
(Michael J. Nelson)

Open up your heart and let the Patrick Swayze Christmas in.
We'll gather at the Roadhouse with our next of kin.

 And Santa can be our regular Saturday night thing.
We'll decorate our barstools and gather round and sing.

Oh, let's have a Patrick Swayze Christmas this year!
Or we'll tear your throat out and kick you in the ear!

It's my way or the highway, this Christmas at my ba-ha-haar.
I'll have to smash your kneecaps if you bastards touch my car!

I got the word that Santa has been stealing from the till.
I think that that right jolly old elf better make out his will, ohh,

Oh, let's have a Patrick Swayze Christmas, one and all.
And this can be the haziest...
This can be the laziest...
This can be the Swayziest
Christmas of them aaallllllllll
Title: Best musical based on Road House feat. Patrick Swayze ever
Post by: V-Adore on February 25, 2005, 07:15:36 pm
God bless you, RRC.

Anyway, are you sure that you'd call Dirty Dancing a cult hit? It seems to be relatively well-known -- at least, significantly more so than Road House.
Title: Best musical based on Road House feat. Patrick Swayze ever
Post by: Ben-San on February 25, 2005, 07:45:55 pm
It may be cult in terms of how many people still choose to watch and enjoy it.

The last time I watched Dirty Dancing it was with a bunch of friends and we'd all just acquired suction-dart guns, so it was a modified experience.
Title: Best musical based on Road House feat. Patrick Swayze ever
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 25, 2005, 08:06:37 pm
Quote from: "Ben-San"
It may be cult in terms of how many people still choose to watch and enjoy it.

The last time I watched Dirty Dancing it was with a bunch of friends and we'd all just acquired suction-dart guns, so it was a modified experience.


It is a cult movie because it starts off as a coming-of-age rebellious teen romance and ends up as science fiction. Why sci-fi? Because the majority of the film took place in the 1950's, and all of a sudden the end MAGICALLY TRANSPORTED US TO THE 1980'S WHERE BLACKS IN GAUDY SUNGLASSES WERE ALLOWED TO DANCE WITH WHITES IN 80'S FASHIONS.
Title: Best musical based on Road House feat. Patrick Swayze ever
Post by: jough on February 25, 2005, 11:20:33 pm
It's funny, because I just got an Easy Bake Foundry for Christmas this year.  It turns the raw pig iron you have laying around the house into high grade steel that's ready for market!

God, MST3K used to be so good.  I miss Joel.
Title: Best musical based on Road House feat. Patrick Swayze ever
Post by: robot_roll_call on February 26, 2005, 06:02:42 am
Quote
God, MST3K used to be so good. I miss Joel.


What's MST3K?
Title: Best musical based on Road House feat. Patrick Swayze ever
Post by: AugustWest on February 26, 2005, 06:28:10 am
Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
Quote
God, MST3K used to be so good. I miss Joel.


What's MST3K?


Some cereal.
Title: Best musical based on Road House feat. Patrick Swayze ever
Post by: jough on February 26, 2005, 06:39:14 am
Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
Quote
God, MST3K used to be so good. I miss Joel.


What's MST3K?


Good grief, I hope that was just a lame attempt at humour and you're just playing dumb instead of being totally ignorant of from whence your avartar came.
Title: Best musical based on Road House feat. Patrick Swayze ever
Post by: V-Adore on February 26, 2005, 07:04:46 am
Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
Quote
God, MST3K used to be so good. I miss Joel.


What's MST3K?


Good grief, I hope that was just a lame attempt at humour and you're just playing dumb instead of being totally ignorant of from whence your avartar came.

Given as his name is "robot_roll_call," his avatar is Cro(oooo)w, and he just quoted all of "A Patrick Swayze Christmas," methinks it's a joke. Mayhaps. A smidge.
Title: Best musical based on Road House feat. Patrick Swayze ever
Post by: Nabubrush on February 26, 2005, 03:18:18 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
Quote
God, MST3K used to be so good. I miss Joel.


What's MST3K?


Some cereal.

I quite liked that.

Also, would Crow know what MST3K was?
Title: Best musical based on Road House feat. Patrick Swayze ever
Post by: robot_roll_call on February 26, 2005, 04:49:54 pm
Quote
Good grief, I hope that was just a lame attempt at humour and you're just playing dumb instead of being totally ignorant of from whence your avartar came.


I am such a big nerd that I actually have every single episode burned to CD, including the rare public access season. So if anyone ever wants an episode or two, let me know and I'll see what I can do.
Title: Best musical based on Road House feat. Patrick Swayze ever
Post by: CortJstr on February 26, 2005, 04:51:15 pm
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Also, would Crow know what MST3K was?

Yes, because they were partially self-aware. They had Commercial Sign and addressed the audience via Cambot, including reading letters.
Title: Best musical based on Road House feat. Patrick Swayze ever
Post by: Nabubrush on February 26, 2005, 04:53:16 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Also, would Crow know what MST3K was?

Yes, because they were partially self-aware. They had Commercial Sign and addressed the audience via Cambot, including reading letters.


Sorry. It's been quite awhile since I saw the program. I believe my favorite line, bar none, was "You don't know what mayonnaise is". I don't know why, but that just killed me.
Title: Best musical based on Road House feat. Patrick Swayze ever
Post by: CortJstr on February 26, 2005, 04:57:53 pm
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Also, would Crow know what MST3K was?

Yes, because they were partially self-aware. They had Commercial Sign and addressed the audience via Cambot, including reading letters.

Sorry. It's been quite awhile since I saw the program. I believe my favorite line, bar none, was "You don't know what mayonnaise is". I don't know why, but that just killed me.

I think about half of MST3K: The Movie could qualify as a best line. I know it's basically sacrilege but I thought that was ever better than Manos.
Title: Best musical based on Road House feat. Patrick Swayze ever
Post by: robot_roll_call on February 26, 2005, 05:20:47 pm
My favorite episode is Space Mutiny, from the later years.
Title: Best musical based on Road House feat. Patrick Swayze ever
Post by: Ben-San on February 26, 2005, 05:54:45 pm
Gentlemen Prefer Mighty Jack

(Runners-up: Fugitive Alien, Day The Earth Froze, Magic Voyage Of Sinbad)
Title: Best musical based on Road House feat. Patrick Swayze ever
Post by: V-Adore on February 26, 2005, 06:03:22 pm
It's so hard to choose a favorite. I do like Space Mutiny and Magic Voyage of Sinbad, though, and I have a fondness for Mole People. Manos I think is badly overrated. The Movie is solid, though; the host segments are utterly golden, and the end riffing of the credits ("the AMAZING RANDO!!") wins forever.
Title: Best musical based on Road House feat. Patrick Swayze ever
Post by: Bozack on February 27, 2005, 12:50:30 am
Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
I am such a big nerd that I actually have every single episode burned to CD, including the rare public access season. So if anyone ever wants an episode or two, let me know and I'll see what I can do.


Question: you know that whole thing, where if you devour the flesh, you gain the knowledge and power? Do I also get physical goods?
Title: Best musical based on Road House feat. Patrick Swayze ever
Post by: robot_roll_call on February 27, 2005, 06:38:25 am
Quote from: "Bozack"
Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
I am such a big nerd that I actually have every single episode burned to CD, including the rare public access season. So if anyone ever wants an episode or two, let me know and I'll see what I can do.


Question: you know that whole thing, where if you devour the flesh, you gain the knowledge and power? Do I also get physical goods?


Tell you what: I'll trade them for the Batman mask.