The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: beanmom on February 25, 2005, 09:32:06 pm

Title: HST --> Ray Smuckles
Post by: beanmom on February 25, 2005, 09:32:06 pm
I finally got a chance to sit down and read the last column Hunter S. Thompson wrote for the ESPN site, and (although I tried to maintain a respectful air befitting last words from a great, if severely messed-up, man) all I could think while I was reading it was, "damn, this sounds like something Ray would come up with."  People, tell me, am I wrong?

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?id=1992213

-jennifer
Title: HST --> Ray Smuckles
Post by: Gimpson on February 25, 2005, 09:36:57 pm
I read that shortly after it was posted.  I didn't think it sounded like Ray so much as it sounded like the greatest sport ever invented.  Reading that made me wish I owned a bunch of land somewhere in Arkansas and a backhoe.
Title: Re: HST --> Ray Smuckles
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 25, 2005, 10:31:46 pm
Quote from: "beanmom"
I finally got a chance to sit down and read the last column Hunter S. Thompson wrote for the ESPN site, and (although I tried to maintain a respectful air befitting last words from a great, if severely messed-up, man) all I could think while I was reading it was, "damn, this sounds like something Ray would come up with."  People, tell me, am I wrong?

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?id=1992213

-jennifer


Ray's place is no more.
So is HST.
Coincidence?