The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => Science & Nature => Topic started by: Bobby Isosceles on February 25, 2005, 10:33:13 pm
-
Sick fuck or brilliant entrepeneur? Save Toby (http://savetoby.com/) is unabashed extortion of $50,000 to save a cute bunny from being eaten.
-
See the precedent that fuck*ng Larry (http://snltranscripts.jt.org/81/81p.phtml) the Lobster (http://www.tvacres.com/giraffe_lobsters_larry.htm) set, oh so many years ago?
-
Idiots gave this guy $15,000 so far?
Fuck. I'm in the wrong business.
I've got lots of cute animals around here that I won't eat for $50,000.
Hell, I'll not eat the cats for $10,000. I'm not greedy.
-
Idiots gave this guy $15,000 so far?
Fuck. I'm in the wrong business.
I've got lots of cute animals around here that I won't eat for $50,000.
Hell, I'll not eat the cats for $10,000. I'm not greedy.
Note the parallels to U.S. Agricultural Policy.
People are paying this man extraordinary money to essentially not raise livestock.
Kind of what happens all the time in "Moscow on the Mississippi."
Put that in your omnibus farm bill and shove it.
* DICK LUGAR + FREEDOM TO FARM ACT *
-
Yes, but who the fuck would subsize this asshole?
A joke web site is one thing. Giving money to a joke web site is something else.
-
This (http://www.krohm.mynetcologne.de/bernd.htm) is blocked because I'm at work, but I think it is the same thing. It's becoming sort of popular.
-
Jesus people, I leave the internet for a few measly weeks and this is what happens!
My SO and I were eyeing up the bunnies at the human society a couple months ago, and discussing how long it would take for our cats to kill one, yet we never made the connection between that and the down payment due on our mortgage this summer for some reason. Huh.
-
...yet we never made the connection between that and the down payment due on our mortgage this summer for some reason. Huh.
Hahaha. Brilliant.
Yeah, I can see why the site is funny, but who the hell would give this guy money? I assume that when he started it, he was joking and never expected to get a dime. I mean, $15,000? WTF, and that's no LOL.
-
7 billion people in the world and he only had to dupe 15,000 of them to get where he is. Less, when you figure in greater-than-a-dollar donations.
I just forwarded the site to a friend of mine who hearts the bunnies big time. Two bucks pays three that she ends up sending a buck in.
-
Is the count pledges or donations received?
Cause I'd pledge 75 cents or so to save a bunny, but I'd probably never send it.