The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: char * on February 28, 2005, 09:23:41 am

Title: You know, something different for a change -- Feb 28, 2005
Post by: char * on February 28, 2005, 09:23:41 am
Is it possible to sell one's soul twice? Or is this a free deal from Lucifer on his previous deal?
Title: You know, something different for a change -- Feb 28, 2005
Post by: cellardoor on February 28, 2005, 09:51:35 am
Is Fortune blind? Or was that Justice?
If justice is blind that might explain a lot (criminals getting away, hiding in obvious places).
Regardless, I like the banjo, I like Ray...I like the strip.
Although this Rooney guy...i've no idea who he is.
Title: You know, something different for a change -- Feb 28, 2005
Post by: MaxAce on February 28, 2005, 12:29:34 pm
Andrew A Rooney -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Rooney

Also, hello.
Title: You know, something different for a change -- Feb 28, 2005
Post by: cellardoor on February 28, 2005, 12:46:49 pm
Ah, thank you Max, that clears it up.
And "hello" to you in sunny (checks location) pu$$y!
Title: You know, something different for a change -- Feb 28, 2005
Post by: miles on February 28, 2005, 01:47:41 pm
Ray has a shirt on.
Title: You know, something different for a change -- Feb 28, 2005
Post by: andalucia on February 28, 2005, 02:08:23 pm
"mixed Greenlandic meat"...  sinister.


Also, the comic.  It made me laugh.  My fave parts were the "Learn the Banjo" banjo crate, and very nicely-rendered ghetto blaster.  It makes me happy that Ray has a crappy stereo to go with his phone.
Title: Re: You know, something different for a change -- Feb 28, 20
Post by: Franz. on February 28, 2005, 02:13:32 pm
Quote from: "char *"
Is it possible to sell one's soul twice? Or is this a free deal from Lucifer on his previous deal?


I think he hasn't demonstrated any especial skill with his banjo-pickin' - no, its popularity is just part of the fantastic world that belongs to Ray.

Yours

[ Franz. ]
Title: You know, something different for a change -- Feb 28, 2005
Post by: CortJstr on February 28, 2005, 02:36:01 pm
Quote from: "MaxAce"
Andrew A Rooney -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Rooney

Also, hello.

Hey, I lived in Ashburn for 13 years. I was just in Sterling yesterday.

Why is Liebot (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02252002) going to show up and duel with Ray. Because that would be painfully awesome.
Title: You know, something different for a change -- Feb 28, 2005
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 28, 2005, 02:49:28 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "MaxAce"
Andrew A Rooney -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Rooney

Also, hello.

Hey, I lived in Ashburn for 13 years. I was just in Sterling yesterday.


We won't hold either of those against you.
Title: You know, something different for a change -- Feb 28, 2005
Post by: MSC on February 28, 2005, 03:28:55 pm
Hmm...I've nothing against pineapple giraffe, but what happened to "on topic discussions" of Achewood?

The point here is, as noted by someone else: Ray is wearing a T-shirt.  Did it come with the banjo?
Title: You know, something different for a change -- Feb 28, 2005
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 28, 2005, 03:55:09 pm
Quote from: "MSC"
Hmm...I've nothing against pineapple giraffe, but what happened to "on topic discussions" of Achewood?

The point here is, as noted by someone else: Ray is wearing a T-shirt.  Did it come with the banjo?


Boards should be on topic.
Achewood should be funny.

It doesn't always happen.
I'm hungry for whale.
Title: You know, something different for a change -- Feb 28, 2005
Post by: AugustWest on February 28, 2005, 04:16:24 pm
Quote from: "MSC"
Hmm...I've nothing against pineapple giraffe, but what happened to "on topic discussions" of Achewood?


What is this "on topic" of which you speak?
Title: You know, something different for a change -- Feb 28, 2005
Post by: Beatrice on February 28, 2005, 04:22:23 pm
Quote from: "miles"
Ray has a shirt on.


yeah.  stilt ##### and a t-shirt.  something is up.
Title: You know, something different for a change -- Feb 28, 2005
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 28, 2005, 04:25:05 pm
Quote from: "Beatrice"
Quote from: "miles"
Ray has a shirt on.


yeah.  stilt ****** and a t-shirt.  something is up.



A haiku:


rich cats with stilt pants
a t-shirt, and a banjo
Greenland kangaroo.
Title: You know, something different for a change -- Feb 28, 2005
Post by: V-Adore on February 28, 2005, 06:23:45 pm
RUTHLESSLY SPLIT AWAY

Anyway, I like this strip. It has a pleasant absurdity to it without belaboring its point. Also, I do like the banjo crate.

That said, now Ray in a shirt is seriously starting to bother me. Did 'stad just get tired of drawing and/or C&Ping nipples?
Title: You know, something different for a change -- Feb 28, 2005
Post by: Steve Hogan on February 28, 2005, 08:03:40 pm
I can't believe Andy Rooney is still alive.  He's been bitching about the young people since I was a little boy.
Title: You know, something different for a change -- Feb 28, 2005
Post by: robot_roll_call on February 28, 2005, 08:07:01 pm
I like this strip because I was just talking with my girlfriend about 60 Minutes the other day.  I also like that outlandishly good things keep happening to Ray no matter what he tries.
Title: You know, something different for a change -- Feb 28, 2005
Post by: MattFish on February 28, 2005, 09:09:39 pm
Classic Ray
Title: You know, something different for a change -- Feb 28, 2005
Post by: MaxAce on March 01, 2005, 03:47:38 am
Maybe Ray is chilly and that is why he is wearing a shirt. It is February.
Title: You know, something different for a change -- Feb 28, 2005
Post by: Beatrice on March 01, 2005, 06:23:56 am
yeah.  a lot of them are wearing clothes.  a lot meaning T and Ray.  Has Phillipe ever worn clothes?  I bet it was cute.
Title: You know, something different for a change -- Feb 28, 2005
Post by: robot_roll_call on March 01, 2005, 07:37:05 am
Quote from: "Beatrice"
yeah.  a lot of them are wearing clothes.  a lot meaning T and Ray.  Has Phillipe ever worn clothes?  I bet it was cute.


Plenty of times!

 in a Batman shirt (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=09162003)

 formal wear (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02022004)


and I'm sure there are other instances I forgot.
Title: You know, something different for a change -- Feb 28, 2005
Post by: Mantonio on March 01, 2005, 03:34:57 pm
Quote from: "Beatrice"
yeah.  a lot of them are wearing clothes.  a lot meaning T and Ray.  Has Phillipe ever worn clothes?  I bet it was cute.


He always wears #####.
Title: You know, something different for a change -- Feb 28, 2005
Post by: CortJstr on March 01, 2005, 05:14:32 pm
Don't forget the bee costume from the storyline that kept people up nights.
Title: You know, something different for a change -- Feb 28, 2005
Post by: St_Zartan on March 01, 2005, 05:30:50 pm
Quote from: "Mattgiraffe"
Classic Ray


Thanks, once again, for LOGGING IN AND MAKING A DIFFERENCE