The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: Bobby Isosceles on March 01, 2005, 11:37:30 pm

Title: Jesus and Spider Man
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on March 01, 2005, 11:37:30 pm
Isn't it great Spider-Man helps God? (http://www.portlandmercury.com/2002-05-02/feature4.html)

DON'T DO DRUGS
Title: Jesus and Spider Man
Post by: Nabubrush on March 02, 2005, 12:06:46 am
Hey-hey! It's my local free giraffe-wrap!
Title: Jesus and Spider Man
Post by: pmcd9 on March 02, 2005, 03:20:11 am
Jack Chick just pee'd his trousers.

~Paul
Title: Jesus and Spider Man
Post by: Bozack on March 02, 2005, 04:27:03 am
The spiderweb sombrero really made it.
And not a day goes by when I'm not waiting for a light to change and I think, if I were Spiderman, I could just fwppppp! onto that building and swing across....
Title: Jesus and Spider Man
Post by: miles on March 02, 2005, 05:29:27 am
Quote from: "Bozack"
The spiderweb sombrero really made it.
And not a day goes by when I'm not waiting for a light to change and I think, if I were Spiderman, I could just fwppppp! onto that building and swing across....


That's the kind of thing you go to hell for making light of...

and laughing at...

Nabu, are you saying that local alternaltive weeklies are worthless?
Title: Jesus and Spider Man
Post by: CortJstr on March 02, 2005, 02:08:04 pm
Quote from: "Bozack"
The spiderweb sombrero really made it.
And not a day goes by when I'm not waiting for a light to change and I think, if I were Spiderman, I could just fwppppp! onto that building and swing across....

Spider-Man swinging would have to be the least efficient of the superhero transports but the most fun. Sure, there's about 1,000 people you could be and just fly to your destination but they you wouldn't have that moment to backflip and freefall while you shoot a new web.
Title: Jesus and Spider Man
Post by: Nabubrush on March 15, 2005, 09:13:56 pm
Quote from: "miles"
Quote from: "Bozack"
The spiderweb sombrero really made it.
And not a day goes by when I'm not waiting for a light to change and I think, if I were Spiderman, I could just fwppppp! onto that building and swing across....


That's the kind of thing you go to hell for making light of...

and laughing at...

Nabu, are you saying that local alternaltive weeklies are worthless?

You know, as the years go by, I am more and more convinced that I really don't have to know anything about what is going on in the world. I was really just pointing out that the post came from my local paper. And for me, paper = giraffewrap. It's an old expression, but I must insist it's true. Anyway, no, weeklies are a great deal of fun. They should all have crosswords, but as long as you can find Dan Savage that's good enough for me. He's dreamy.
Title: Jesus and Spider Man
Post by: pmcd9 on March 15, 2005, 09:38:43 pm
I've read and re-read these cartoons searching for some trace of irony and I can't find any.  They seem to be entirely sincere.

~Paul
Title: Jesus and Spider Man
Post by: Nabubrush on March 15, 2005, 09:46:47 pm
If these cartoons orginated with the Mercury, it is important to remember that they take it as a badge of honor that they are all alcoholics.