The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: pmcd9 on March 02, 2005, 04:03:37 am

Title: Optimus Prime Dies of Prostate Cancer
Post by: pmcd9 on March 02, 2005, 04:03:37 am
That's the actual headline of this (http://www.pcacoalition.org/pressroom/2005_optimus.php) article.

~Paul
Title: Optimus Prime Dies of Prostate Cancer
Post by: AlohaDawg on March 02, 2005, 08:36:36 am
I was afraid you were talking about this guy:
Optimus Prime in Iraq (http://www.wkyc.com/akron/akron_fullstory.asp?id=3828)
More Optimus Prime (http://optimusprime.iwarp.com/)

Being from Akron I have to tell you I actually don't know this guy and he's 7 years younger than I am, but you gotta admire his cojones for going this far with it.
Title: Optimus Prime Dies of Prostate Cancer
Post by: Bozack on March 02, 2005, 08:53:55 am
Now I'm all worried about my prostate. One in six, dawg! At what age do you really have to start worrying about this shit? I mean, I'm already checking up for ball cancer, because the main age for that is 18-24. When do I get fingers up my ass?
Title: Re: Optimus Prime Dies of Prostate Cancer
Post by: CortJstr on March 02, 2005, 02:01:34 pm
Quote from: "pmcd9"
That's the actual headline of this (http://www.pcacoalition.org/pressroom/2005_optimus.php) article.

When Adult Swim told me to go there I was worried what I would find. I think the graphic at the top of the page is the creepiest part.

That said, ***** Chicken is pretty funny but I think it'll get old rather quickly.
Title: Optimus Prime Dies of Prostate Cancer
Post by: Gimpson on March 02, 2005, 02:16:42 pm
Quote from: "Bozack"
Now I'm all worried about my prostate. One in six, dawg! At what age do you really have to start worrying about this shit? I mean, I'm already checking up for ball cancer, because the main age for that is 18-24. When do I get fingers up my ass?


My pops is currently recovering from a radical prostatectomy about three weeks ago.  He's 57.  

You should start getting your DREs at age 40, and begin annual PSA blood tests at 50, 40 if you are African-American.
Title: Optimus Prime Dies of Prostate Cancer
Post by: AlohaDawg on March 02, 2005, 08:53:35 pm
Quote from: "Bozack"
When do I get fingers up my ass?


Whenever you get over your problems with your lifestyle.
Title: Optimus Prime Dies of Prostate Cancer
Post by: slink on March 02, 2005, 09:33:21 pm
Ugh.
And Inuits don't even get cancer! WHAT ARE WE DOING WRONG?
That said, I seem to live a life where I go into denial anytime anything is seriously wrong with me. It seems to have paid off so far, but I am concerned that some day it will fail on me. I got a hernia a few years back, and could barely move. I was terrified of the prospect of surgery, and lived with it for about two or three weeks before it went away. I've always been a bit careful of strenuous lifting in case it'll pop back, but so far...

I know. I'm stupid... But well, you pay for the shrink!
Title: Optimus Prime Dies of Prostate Cancer
Post by: robot_roll_call on March 03, 2005, 01:23:09 am
***** Chicken is the worst show ever. Did you know twenty-somethings will laugh at anything if it brings them nostalgic memories of childhood? This is the basis of ***** Chicken. Instead of writing jokes, they pull things out of a hat like so:

Thing from the 80s that will blind people with nostalgia: Voltron!

Totally wacky thing: You Got Served parody!

Voltron Got Served! Now let's make a 5 minute skit out of it when the joke isn't even funny the first time you see it!

The show also includes such topical humor as Elian Gonzales jokes, jokes about the "this is your brain on drugs" commercial (where the crazy girl goes more crazy!) and jokes about Mr. T. He sure says some funny stuff, that Mr. T!

I am usually able to ignore bad shows, but this one just irks the hell out of me because it panders to the Adult Swim demographic and they just eat it up. It's like they took Hot Topic and made it a show.
Title: Optimus Prime Dies of Prostate Cancer
Post by: CortJstr on March 03, 2005, 01:55:19 am
Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
##### Chicken is the worst show ever. Did you know twenty-somethings will laugh at anything if it brings them nostalgic memories of childhood? This is the basis of ##### Chicken. Instead of writing jokes, they pull things out of a hat like so:

Thing from the 80s that will blind people with nostalgia: Voltron!

Totally wacky thing: You Got Served parody!

Voltron Got Served! Now let's make a 5 minute skit out of it when the joke isn't even funny the first time you see it!

The show also includes such topical humor as Elian Gonzales jokes, jokes about the "this is your brain on drugs" commercial (where the crazy girl goes more crazy!) and jokes about Mr. T. He sure says some funny stuff, that Mr. T!

I am usually able to ignore bad shows, but this one just irks the hell out of me because it panders to the Adult Swim demographic and they just eat it up. It's like they took Hot Topic and made it a show.

Those two skits sucked ass, this is true. But the George Bush mini-skit and the first 18 minutes of Tribute to the Nut Shot were amusing.
Title: Optimus Prime Dies of Prostate Cancer
Post by: arkabee on March 03, 2005, 02:20:12 pm
Quote from: "slink"
Ugh.
And Inuits don't even get cancer! WHAT ARE WE DOING WRONG?


http://www.itk.ca/health/cancer-registry.php

http://www.itk.ca/health/cancer-index.php

http://www.planetark.com/dailynewsstory.cfm/newsid/18150/story.htm

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=1365187&dopt=Abstract

INDEED WHAT ARE WE DOING WRONG!
Title: Re: Optimus Prime Dies of Prostate Cancer
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on March 03, 2005, 04:43:58 pm
Quote from: "pmcd9"
That's the actual headline of this (http://www.pcacoalition.org/pressroom/2005_optimus.php) article.

~Paul


(http://www.bobbyisosceles.com/art/optimus2.jpg)

The world's most versatile image.