The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: mrchee on March 02, 2005, 08:31:50 am

Title: March 2, 2005 - The Hog shall Lay with the Prawn
Post by: mrchee on March 02, 2005, 08:31:50 am
Maybe the devil is speaking through Ray?  i mean, he did sell his soul for musical skill.  Very creepy.

Dont like the actual comic much though, not much in the Achewood feel... Teodor is acting out of character in some way, I can feel it
Title: March 2, 2005 - The Hog shall Lay with the Prawn
Post by: V-Adore on March 02, 2005, 08:51:02 am
Teodor seems a little strange, yeah. I like his hat, though.

If I were starting a hard-rock/metal band, I would totally call it "The Sewage of Sodom."

oh holy god why am I still up
Title: March 2, 2005 - The Hog shall Lay with the Prawn
Post by: MattFish on March 02, 2005, 08:51:54 am
AAAAAIIIGHT

For some reason, the more I look at it, the more I like the fact that there is one whole panel dedicated to the word whump
Title: March 2, 2005 - The Hog shall Lay with the Prawn
Post by: Bozack on March 02, 2005, 08:52:00 am
I just like the word "asshole."
Title: March 2, 2005 - The Hog shall Lay with the Prawn
Post by: jough on March 02, 2005, 09:09:29 am
Now though I wonder if it is the banjo that *makes* people turn evil, and what will happen when Philippe, who is pure of heart, hears it.

Will he become mildly rude?  Not say "God bless you" when someone sneezes?

We return Monday.
Title: March 2, 2005 - The Hog shall Lay with the Prawn
Post by: mrchee on March 02, 2005, 09:49:02 am
i think what is the case is that the banjo was/is mail-ordered from Satan in a similar fashion to the piano.


BTW am the only member on this post whose number of posts is x, where x is a number much smaller than a lot
Title: March 2, 2005 - The Hog shall Lay with the Prawn
Post by: char * on March 02, 2005, 11:07:09 am
seeee? told you ;)

but sheesh, was today's funny...
Title: March 2, 2005 - The Hog shall Lay with the Prawn
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on March 02, 2005, 01:45:58 pm
It's clear, the old-time country music summons Andy Rooney and Andy Rooney is a sure way to demonic possession.
Title: March 2, 2005 - The Hog shall Lay with the Prawn
Post by: Gimpson on March 02, 2005, 02:09:30 pm
Quote from: "jough"
Now though I wonder if it is the banjo that *makes* people turn evil, and what will happen when Philippe, who is pure of heart, hears it.


I forsee Trouble in Philippe's future once again.
Title: March 2, 2005 - The Hog shall Lay with the Prawn
Post by: andalucia on March 02, 2005, 02:23:05 pm
I don't... really get it, actually.
Title: March 2, 2005 - The Hog shall Lay with the Prawn
Post by: Steve Hogan on March 02, 2005, 03:43:44 pm
Hogs laying with prawns is about as far from kosher eating as you're gonna get.
Title: March 2, 2005 - The Hog shall Lay with the Prawn
Post by: arlucasinc on March 02, 2005, 04:36:52 pm
So... Ray played the banjo and wrote a beautiful song.

But when Teodor plays the banjo Ray gets all Satanic. Twice.

It seems to me then, that while the banjo is the medium,  Teodor is the conductor of the evil. Or do I have my nomenclature backwards?

It certainly will be interesting to see what happens next.
Title: March 2, 2005 - The Hog shall Lay with the Prawn
Post by: Silverberg on March 02, 2005, 06:52:41 pm
Heh. My favorite bit is definitely Ray saying "Ring!" and freaking Teodor out.
Title: Re: March 2, 2005 - The Hog shall Lay with the Prawn
Post by: Beatrice on March 02, 2005, 07:57:52 pm
Quote from: "mrchee"
Teodor is acting out of character in some way, I can feel it


Where is the (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=10042001) old (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=11262001) T (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=12172001)?
Title: March 2, 2005 - The Hog shall Lay with the Prawn
Post by: ferocious j on March 02, 2005, 08:49:33 pm
I was pretty sure Ray's contract with the Devil was fulfilled in that whole "Ray goes to Hell and then Roast Beef shows up" arc -- I'm with on the "banjo as a conductor of some sort for evil or possession by malignant spirits" side.
Title: Re: March 2, 2005 - The Hog shall Lay with the Prawn
Post by: pmcd9 on March 02, 2005, 09:16:05 pm
Quote from: "Beatrice"
Where is the (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=10042001) old (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=11262001) T (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=12172001)?


Thank you for that.

~Paul