The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: cellardoor on March 03, 2005, 11:47:56 am

Title: where it counts - 03/03/05
Post by: cellardoor on March 03, 2005, 11:47:56 am
Look at Phillipe go!
That's awesome.
Looks like that banjo is the devil's own. Or at least in the ownership of one of the lesser evils.
RooooxANNNNE!!
Title: where it counts - 03/03/05
Post by: MSC on March 03, 2005, 01:19:12 pm
The banjo indeed appears to be the transmitter of demonism, but I think the t-shirt is the receiver.  Ray should lose the shirt.
Title: where it counts - 03/03/05
Post by: CortJstr on March 03, 2005, 02:01:43 pm
Happiest Philippe ever.
Title: where it counts - 03/03/05
Post by: arkabee on March 03, 2005, 02:29:13 pm
jeez, it's like some horrid D&D (not A) treasure/evil artifact:
The Banjo and T-Shirt of Evil Something or Another.
alone, usesless, together, um, i dunno.

this is a great arc de story, though.
Title: where it counts - 03/03/05
Post by: miles on March 03, 2005, 02:30:30 pm
Date needs to be fixed.  I think.

The banjo makes everyone happy.  Look at Beef.  I like the second to last panel, with Teodor just looking on approvingly.  I bet his hands are behind his back.
Title: where it counts - 03/03/05
Post by: Steve Hogan on March 03, 2005, 02:31:57 pm
I just realized that no one's seen Satan and Ken Burns together in the same room.
Title: where it counts - 03/03/05
Post by: AugustWest on March 03, 2005, 02:50:02 pm
You gotta love Dancin' Phillippe!
Title: where it counts - 03/03/05
Post by: Mantonio on March 03, 2005, 04:40:46 pm
Also, a chicken recipe tomorrow! Keep holding Chris's feet to the fire, Triangle Man*. He will come through with the chicken.

*Not being mean - that just seems like a nickname Chris would tack onto Bobby.
Title: where it counts - 03/03/05
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on March 03, 2005, 04:43:00 pm
Quote from: "Mantonio"
Also, a chicken recipe tomorrow! Keep holding Chris's feet to the fire, Triangle Man*. He will come through with the chicken.

*Not being mean - that just seems like a nickname Chris would tack onto Bobby.


We don't need no steenkin' Chicken Recipe. The recipe for TOMORROW CHICKEN IS HERE: TODAY!

We have outgrown our gods and are ready for subjects of our own.
Title: where it counts - 03/03/05
Post by: PinkStainlessTail on March 03, 2005, 04:50:53 pm
Quote from: "miles"
The banjo makes everyone happy.


Steve Martin had a bit about this. Something about how the president could cushion bad news by playing the banjo at the same time.

I like how Ray's demonic stylings tend to match whoever's playing, all small and such when Beef takes over, for instance. Almost like the inner darkness of whoever's playing is being channeled into Ray. Keep that thing away from Lyle and Nice Pete.
Title: where it counts - 03/03/05
Post by: Ben-San on March 03, 2005, 04:52:41 pm
I'm not sure how much inner darkness Nice Pete has. He pretty much wears it all on the outside.
Title: where it counts - 03/03/05
Post by: cellardoor on March 03, 2005, 04:53:59 pm
Sorry about the date.
I feel so worthless.
*hits self*
Title: where it counts - 03/03/05
Post by: V-Adore on March 03, 2005, 05:02:26 pm
I'm not sure there's enough panels to do a proper Philippe Dance anim, but that doesn't keep me from wanting one. Also, mad props for the first Achewood in a while where Ray suffers because of others' joy and not vice versa.
Title: where it counts - 03/03/05
Post by: CortJstr on March 03, 2005, 05:28:10 pm
Quote from: "PinkStainlessTail"
I like how Ray's demonic stylings tend to match whoever's playing, all small and such when Beef takes over, for instance. Almost like the inner darkness of whoever's playing is being channeled into Ray. Keep that thing away from Lyle and Nice Pete.

Wasn't this an episode of TNG? Soon Ray will start getting all old and gray. Teodor will start calling him Great Uncle Ray or something.
Title: where it counts - 03/03/05
Post by: robot_roll_call on March 03, 2005, 05:30:53 pm
Quote from: "PinkStainlessTail"

I like how Ray's demonic stylings tend to match whoever's playing, all small and such when Beef takes over, for instance. Almost like the inner darkness of whoever's playing is being channeled into Ray. Keep that thing away from Lyle and Nice Pete.


Actually, who knows what would happen with Nice Pete, since he wears his inner darkness on his sleeve. Maybe his inner good would shine through instead.
Title: where it counts - 03/03/05
Post by: CortJstr on March 03, 2005, 05:37:04 pm
Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
Quote from: "PinkStainlessTail"

I like how Ray's demonic stylings tend to match whoever's playing, all small and such when Beef takes over, for instance. Almost like the inner darkness of whoever's playing is being channeled into Ray. Keep that thing away from Lyle and Nice Pete.

Actually, who knows what would happen with Nice Pete, since he wears his inner darkness on his sleeve. Maybe his inner good would shine through instead.

Frankly I don't think anybody who says "here's a bag of their hands" has inner good.
Title: where it counts - 03/03/05
Post by: EgoSumNoah on March 03, 2005, 07:25:00 pm
It would be sweet if Ray started rapping about Eustace K. Dobbs.

Every time something weird happens to Ray I wonder if it has to do with his deal with the devil or the little bird he ate.  Prolly not.
Title: where it counts - 03/03/05
Post by: sasquatch feeder on March 03, 2005, 07:57:48 pm
Onstad keeps the great storylines rolling. This is excellent.

I agree with MSC that the demon receiver is the t-shirt. Note the difference between Ray's lyrical stylings with ("AIIIIGHT!") and without ("Friendship Lane").

Nice touches: Phillipe's happy eyebrows while he's dancing and the way the room goes dark when Satan speaks through Ray. Also Beef's Ken Burns joke.
Title: where it counts - 03/03/05
Post by: slink on March 03, 2005, 08:07:57 pm
I am so into this arc now. It was good but I didn't know why before, but now... It's just great.

And who can't love Philippe's dance!
Title: where it counts - 03/03/05
Post by: MaxAce on March 03, 2005, 09:09:54 pm
This strip had special meaning for me because one of my best friends has diabetes. He is one of the unlucky ones.
Title: where it counts - 03/03/05
Post by: JorgeFabregas on March 04, 2005, 12:27:31 am
I just realized Devil Ray is the flip-side of Sufjan Stevens. Check out the last frame vs.
He will take you/If you run, he will chase you/Cause he is the Lord

Meanwhile, plucka plucka pluck.
Title: where it counts - 03/03/05
Post by: MaxAce on March 04, 2005, 02:21:41 am
I just remembered that my diabetic friend can play the banjo.