The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Emergent_C on March 03, 2005, 02:34:02 pm

Title: Blogs O' March
Post by: Emergent_C on March 03, 2005, 02:34:02 pm
Dang, I think I may have been on that date...not with Ray, though...I'm pretty sure.

Also -- GODDAMN, PAT IS A DICK!

That is all.
Title: Blogs O' March
Post by: mkilly on March 03, 2005, 03:06:28 pm
"She answered the door and was still kind of scattered. Her hair was completely wet and there were wetness spots all on her shirt, and she didn't have any (trousers) on. Yeah, the shirt was kind of long, but not so long that a pair of (trousers) would have been obscured."

LATER...

"She pushes me backwards onto the couch, and it's kind of deep, so I can't get up and do anything while she walks kind of sexily back to the bathroom, working her (trousers) down a little to show me some thong!"

???
Title: Blogs O' March
Post by: andalucia on March 03, 2005, 03:29:30 pm
Trouser-related inconsistencies notwithstanding, I'm pretty sure I can emphasize far too much with Scarlet, and this worries me.
Title: Re: Blogs O' March
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on March 03, 2005, 04:16:38 pm
Quote from: "Emergent_C"
Dang, I think I may have been on that date...not with Ray, though...I'm pretty sure.

Also -- GODDAMN, PAT IS A DICK!

That is all.


Formulaic. Ray has a crazy one night stand where nothing goes according to plan. Pat is a complete jackass. How about Ray having a drunken one night stand with Pat? That would be something neither of them could live down.
Title: Blogs O' March
Post by: Gimpson on March 03, 2005, 04:51:52 pm
Quote from: "mkilly"
"She answered the door and was still kind of scattered. Her hair was completely wet and there were wetness spots all on her shirt, and she didn't have any (trousers) on. Yeah, the shirt was kind of long, but not so long that a pair of (trousers) would have been obscured."

LATER...

"She pushes me backwards onto the couch, and it's kind of deep, so I can't get up and do anything while she walks kind of sexily back to the bathroom, working her (trousers) down a little to show me some thong!"

???


She was in the bedroom getting ready while Ray was drinking his first glass of wine.
Title: Blogs O' March
Post by: wombat on March 03, 2005, 04:54:17 pm
I hate to say this but I agree with Bobby, at least about Ray.  I am tired of Ray's dates. I wish he would go back to writing his advice column.
Title: Re: Blogs O' March
Post by: Emergent_C on March 03, 2005, 04:57:57 pm
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
How about Ray having a drunken one night stand with Pat? That would be something neither of them could live down.


Tho them gettin' it on would be mad twisted and sick hott, ain't no way Ray gonna bang ol' Pat, cuz Nice Pete be all cuttin' his shiznitt if he catch him wit his man.
Title: Blogs O' March
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on March 03, 2005, 05:10:13 pm
Quote from: "wombat"
I hate to say this but I agree with Bobby, at least about Ray.  I am tired of Ray's dates. I wish he would go back to writing his advice column.


(http://mike.13th-floor.org/onstad-shark.gif)
Title: Re: Blogs O' March
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on March 03, 2005, 05:13:15 pm
Quote from: "Emergent_C"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
How about Ray having a drunken one night stand with Pat? That would be something neither of them could live down.


Tho them gettin' it on would be mad twisted and sick hott, ain't no way Ray gonna bang ol' Pat, cuz Nice Pete be all cuttin' his shiznitt if he catch him wit his man.


How about Pat having a one night stand for once? The revulsion and horror he would face at waking up next to a corpulent woman!
Title: Blogs O' March
Post by: AugustWest on March 03, 2005, 05:15:08 pm
What if Teador was replaced by a character played by Ted McGinley?
Title: Blogs O' March
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on March 03, 2005, 05:16:32 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
What if Teador was replaced by a character played by Ted McGinley?


I understand his role in in the decline of things, but I actually think he's a funny guy and liked him in most of his roles.
Title: Blogs O' March
Post by: CortJstr on March 03, 2005, 05:31:17 pm
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
What if Teador was replaced by a character played by Ted McGinley?

I understand his role in in the decline of things, but I actually think he's a funny guy and liked him in most of his roles.

And wasn't he actually on M...wC for like 6 years?

It seems to me that Beef would be more likely to have a string of way under his league girlfriends thanks to his self-esteem issues. But so far we've only seen him imaginary-date people who aren't Molly.
Title: Blogs O' March
Post by: V-Adore on March 03, 2005, 08:23:39 pm
This is sort of old, because I don't check LN's blog often, but -- I love how, every post, LN is slowly turning more and more into Ray. The clown plan just went straight into Raysville as soon as we hit "A Modern Clown With an Uncommon Attitude." Classic.
Title: Blogs O' March
Post by: Skillator on March 03, 2005, 10:23:17 pm
I think little nephew as a clown is the worst idea I have ever heard. I love it.

Ray's blog is in a word: flawless. It's one that you could hand an achewood virgin to understand everything that is ray.
I like to imagine what Scarlet would be thinking as she awoke, pounding headache, face beside a bowl, waterbottle resting against her naked thigh, ##### around her ankles, bathroom and front door open, nobody in the house, bread and flour everywhere.
Definitely not going to be calling.
Title: Blogs O' March
Post by: Beatrice on March 04, 2005, 04:20:55 pm
I would like a character to find the hypocritical (read: fatty) porn on Pat's computer.

Also, Ray's post made Bozack hot.  He is all about the passed-out girls.
DO YOU HEAR ME, BATMAN!?
Title: Blogs O' March
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on March 04, 2005, 04:44:46 pm
Quote from: "Beatrice"
I would like a character to find the hypocritical (read: fatty) porn on Pat's computer.

Also, Ray's post made Bozack hot.  He is all about the passed-out girls.
DO YOU HEAR ME, BATMAN!?


is BBW Gold Magazine proof enough? (http://rbeef.blogspot.com/2004/08/goin-to-see-pat-in-leg-rehab.html)

huzza CJ
Title: Blogs O' March
Post by: Formica on March 04, 2005, 09:10:39 pm
In other blognews, Onstad would like us all to know that, damnit, he still parties hard you fuckers.
Title: Blogs O' March
Post by: Beatrice on March 04, 2005, 09:55:54 pm
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "Beatrice"
I would like a character to find the hypocritical (read: fatty) porn on Pat's computer.

Also, Ray's post made Bozack hot.  He is all about the passed-out girls.
DO YOU HEAR ME, BATMAN!?


is BBW Gold Magazine proof enough? (http://rbeef.blogspot.com/2004/08/goin-to-see-pat-in-leg-rehab.html)

huzza CJ




awesome.
Title: Blogs O' March
Post by: jough on March 04, 2005, 10:30:22 pm
Quote from: "Beatrice"

Also, Ray's post made Bozack hot.  He is all about the passed-out girls.
DO YOU HEAR ME, BATMAN!?


You're still mad because he first laid you after slipping you a mickey, aren't you, Bea?

Some guys just get a little nervous when their partners are, you know, conscious.  Give the little fella a break.
Title: Blogs O' March
Post by: Bozack on March 05, 2005, 10:37:50 pm
Hahaha, no, I just promised that when I get back in town, we're gonna do it asleep-style.
Title: Blogs O' March
Post by: AugustWest on March 06, 2005, 05:03:27 am
Quote from: "Bozack"
Hahaha, no, I just promised that when I get back in town, we're gonna do it asleep-style.


How will you know?  How WILL you know?
Title: Blogs O' March
Post by: CortJstr on March 06, 2005, 05:44:07 am
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "Bozack"
Hahaha, no, I just promised that when I get back in town, we're gonna do it asleep-style.

How will you know?  How WILL you know?

Video camera?
Title: Blogs O' March
Post by: Bozack on March 06, 2005, 05:57:53 am
If I wake up with vague memories of Frank Zappa and I smell like patcholi and ass, Beatrice and I made it asleep style.
Title: Blogs O' March
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on March 06, 2005, 06:56:09 am
Quote from: "Bozack"
If I wake up with vague memories of Frank Zappa and I smell like patcholi and ass, Beatrice and I made it asleep style.



I can imagine it now:

Quote from: "Beatrice"
Bozack is a premature ejaculator.

Quote from: "Bozack"
I have to be. You're a fitful sleeper.
Title: Blogs O' March
Post by: AugustWest on March 06, 2005, 05:27:27 pm
Quote from: "Bozack"
If I wake up with vague memories of Frank Zappa.


Don't get no jizz up on that sofa.
Title: Blogs O' March
Post by: CortJstr on March 07, 2005, 12:45:03 am
Molly was really on the ball today. Beef really would say that and I was waiting for that part of her post.
Title: Blogs O' March
Post by: AugustWest on March 07, 2005, 03:49:58 am
Quote from: "CortJstr"
I was waiting for that part of her post.


Yeah, me too.  What a great day for Beef and Molly.

Unfortunately, in tomorrow's strip Demonic Ray will sneak into Beef's room and bash them both to guava jelly with a cinder block.
Title: Blogs O' March
Post by: CortJstr on March 07, 2005, 03:58:24 am
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
I was waiting for that part of her post.

Yeah, me too.  What a great day for Beef and Molly.

Unfortunately, in tomorrow's strip Demonic Ray will sneak into Beef's room and bash them both to guava jelly with a cinder block.

That or Teodor will stop playing the banjo just before Ray bashes them, leaving a confused Ray to drop the block on his foot and scare the crap out of Beef+Molly.
Title: Blogs O' March
Post by: Doc on March 07, 2005, 09:00:32 am
I'm having trouble dealing with Molly's post, everything went well and she is being happy and non-cynical about it.
If Beef doesn't chime in with a post about how he noticed a blister in his mouth while drinking the white wine and he thinks this may be an early sign of Pemphigus vulgaris (http://www.emedicinehealth.com/articles/15873-3.asp)  then I'm just going to end up feeling cold and confused.

STICK TO THE FORMULA PEOPLE!
Title: Blogs O' March
Post by: Emergent_C on March 07, 2005, 03:52:14 pm
Poor Onstad can't win. People bitch when the characters act IN character, then they bitch some more when the characters act OUT of character.

Just enjoy the Achewood goodness, already!
Title: Blogs O' March
Post by: toddster on March 12, 2005, 09:07:52 am
Phillipe likes They Might Be Giants. I wonder if Onstad bought No! for him. I can picture him listening to Bed Bed Bed at bedtime.

I now have one more thing in common with a fictitious alive stuffed animal than I thought I did.
Title: Blogs O' March
Post by: wombat on March 12, 2005, 02:53:37 pm
To Beef:
and to Molly's friend Kelly:

TOO MUCH INFORMATION.

As for Chris: It takes real talent to write such a fine couple of paragraphs about a Fed Ex delivery.
Title: Blogs O' March
Post by: CortJstr on March 12, 2005, 03:53:18 pm
Ray's cake fetish rears its ugly head once more. And how was Molly unaware of squirting? Dang lady, didn't they have the internet in heaven?
Title: Blogs O' March
Post by: V-Adore on March 12, 2005, 06:42:21 pm
God, I love the word "KüchenFückers." I think I'm going to be saying it all day to myself and then chuckling. Umlauts help everything, you know?
Title: Blogs O' March
Post by: Max on March 13, 2005, 05:43:03 am
So, I'm terribly curious about this "limoncello" of which Onstad speaks (having come far down that particular path myself) - has anyone had it before?  Does it really take that long to prepare?  Is it worth it?
Title: Blogs O' March
Post by: toddster on March 13, 2005, 10:50:18 am
Quote from: "Max"
So, I'm terribly curious about this "limoncello" of which Onstad speaks (having come far down that particular path myself) - has anyone had it before?

Yep.

Quote from: "Max"
Does it really take that long to prepare?

Yep.

Quote from: "Max"
Is it worth it?

Big time yep.

And also it looks like Mt. St. Helens isn't the only thing Beef may have to watch for eruptions from.

The fact that I even typed that sentence unnerves me.
Title: Blogs O' March
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on March 13, 2005, 12:56:08 pm
Quote from: "toddster"
Quote from: "Max"
So, I'm terribly curious about this "limoncello" of which Onstad speaks (having come far down that particular path myself) - has anyone had it before?

Yep.

Quote from: "Max"
Does it really take that long to prepare?

Yep.

Quote from: "Max"
Is it worth it?

Big time yep.

And also it looks like Mt. St. Helens isn't the only thing Beef may have to watch for eruptions from.

The fact that I even typed that sentence unnerves me.



You know it's comedy when the setup makes you wince.
Title: Blogs O' March
Post by: CortJstr on March 13, 2005, 03:28:28 pm
Quote from: "Max"
So, I'm terribly curious about this "limoncello" of which Onstad speaks (having come far down that particular path myself) - has anyone had it before?  Does it really take that long to prepare?  Is it worth it?

My dad makes it sometimes. The most annoying part, aside from the waiting, is that Everclear is illegal in VA so he has to drive to another state and listen to a lecture from the liquor store guy about how dangerous it is.

It taste like candy so it's really really easy to drink way, way too much.
Title: Blogs O' March
Post by: Max on March 14, 2005, 03:45:18 am
ok, could someone post a tried-and-true sort of recipe on here?  onstad doesn't quite delve into the specifics enough for me.  (also, i am using a fairly tiny freezer, ie one that comes in your standard dorm sized fridge - what are my odds?)
Title: Blogs O' March
Post by: AugustWest on March 14, 2005, 04:01:33 am
Try Googling, I found about eleventy billion recipes.  Basically all you do is soak a bunch of lemon zest in Everclear for a week, then mix in a simple syrup.  Really really potent lemonade.

I'm gonna try it.
Title: Blogs O' March
Post by: Max on March 14, 2005, 06:12:22 am
perhaps we can compare results.
Title: Blogs O' March
Post by: CortJstr on March 23, 2005, 01:53:19 pm
I thought "steamed ham" was just a regional dialect from upstate New York.

At least Philippe isn't have a complex about not being the youngest. Not yet, anyway.