The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: pmcd9 on March 04, 2005, 12:15:03 pm

Title: 3/4/05 Worse than a solo James Iha Album
Post by: pmcd9 on March 04, 2005, 12:15:03 pm
I think Ray is about to feel some serious pain.  I only hope he can keep Dr. Andretti on the line long enough to hear it.

~Paul
Title: 3/4/05 Worse than a solo James Iha Album
Post by: cellardoor on March 04, 2005, 12:22:44 pm
I predict curb-your-enthusiasm style farce.
Pat will play, Ray will say something offensive (such as comparing his wife to Hitler) and Andretti will get in a huff.
God Pat, how do you do it?
Title: 3/4/05 Worse than a solo James Iha Album
Post by: MaxAce on March 04, 2005, 12:31:04 pm
I liked the phrase "always so quick to speak". That made me laugh.
Title: 3/4/05 Worse than a solo James Iha Album
Post by: pmcd9 on March 04, 2005, 01:11:18 pm
Quote from: "cellardoor"
I predict curb-your-enthusiasm style farce.
Pat will play, Ray will say something offensive (such as comparing his wife to Hitler) and Andretti will get in a huff.
God Pat, how do you do it?


Yes, that's exactly what I was thinking, but in my haste to be the first poster I kept my comments brief.

~Paul
Title: 3/4/05 Worse than a solo James Iha Album
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on March 04, 2005, 01:27:30 pm
Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "cellardoor"
I predict curb-your-enthusiasm style farce.
Pat will play, Ray will say something offensive (such as comparing his wife to Hitler) and Andretti will get in a huff.
God Pat, how do you do it?


Yes, that's exactly what I was thinking, but in my haste to be the first poster I kept my comments brief.

~Paul


It stands to reason when someone hateful like Pat plays it, Ray gets happy and nice.
Title: 3/4/05 Worse than a solo James Iha Album
Post by: Bozack on March 04, 2005, 01:30:39 pm
My favorute panel is definitely "See if you can guess which battle!"

Damn it Pat, you are a DICK.
Title: 3/4/05 Worse than a solo James Iha Album
Post by: Steve Hogan on March 04, 2005, 01:35:13 pm
What the Hell is wrong with Ray?  THE MAN IS AT A RESTAURANT WITH HIS MOTHER.
Title: 3/4/05 Worse than a solo James Iha Album
Post by: CortJstr on March 04, 2005, 01:52:14 pm
I wonder if Ray will react while not actually able to hear the banjo. Since he's made another call he won't hear through his phone any more.

Also, "experience" a composition? Damn Pat is lame.
Title: 3/4/05 Worse than a solo James Iha Album
Post by: pubdoggy on March 04, 2005, 02:11:01 pm
I really like James Iha's first album. It's really good. Sure it's a bit sentimental and flowery, but there are some strong melodies and tight chord progressions.

Oh yeah patsabighairycock
Title: 3/4/05 Worse than a solo James Iha Album
Post by: arkabee on March 04, 2005, 02:19:06 pm
this is historically the best cliff hanger in history.  what will happen when that biggest asshole on the planet strums the evil might of the banjo of doom whilst the hapless vistim attempts to have a phone conversation with his congenial doctor who is dining for the evening with his mother?

Find out,
NEXT WEEK!

dum, Dum, DUM!

yay!


edit-

ps-
the look on pat's face, panel 4.   makes me want to cold punch him in the ugly face he has and is making.  grrr.
Title: 3/4/05 Worse than a solo James Iha Album
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on March 04, 2005, 02:20:02 pm
Agreed, this is a hell of a thing to be kept waiting for over the weekend.  Scare-ree.
Title: 3/4/05 Worse than a solo James Iha Album
Post by: Turbo Ninja on March 04, 2005, 02:47:28 pm
Ray needs to Be Strong Now (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000006EA9/ref=m_art_li_3/104-7957187-7535160?v=glance&s=music).
Title: 3/4/05 Worse than a solo James Iha Album
Post by: Mantonio on March 04, 2005, 02:47:32 pm
Antietam!
Title: 3/4/05 Worse than a solo James Iha Album
Post by: slink on March 04, 2005, 03:32:08 pm
I can't say I ever dared listen to the Iha album, since the two tracks he wrote on Mellon Collie were by far the worst. And I never listen to that album anymore, or the Pumpkins really for that matter.

Also, I still just really like this arc. It's good shit.
Title: 3/4/05 Worse than a solo James Iha Album
Post by: Silverberg on March 04, 2005, 03:55:11 pm
I find Doc Andretti hilarious. Nice strip.
Title: 3/4/05 Worse than a solo James Iha Album
Post by: miles on March 04, 2005, 04:04:50 pm
Quote from: "MaxAce"
I liked the phrase "always so quick to speak". That made me laugh.


Yeah, Beef.  What's wrong with you, politely asking whether Pat plays the banjo!  Dick!!
Title: 3/4/05 Worse than a solo James Iha Album
Post by: jough on March 04, 2005, 04:06:56 pm
We return Tuesday.

Also, look for this story thread to be dropped over the weekend as Onstad comes up with another story thead based on a cat being high.
Title: 3/4/05 Worse than a solo James Iha Album
Post by: Formica on March 04, 2005, 04:12:32 pm
Quote from: "jough"
We return Tuesday.

Also, look for this story thread to be dropped over the weekend as Onstad comes up with another story thead based on a cat being high.
ZING

You are probably correct, though I hold out hope that Nice Pete will be inspired by the capture of the BTK Killer and try to one up him by finding some new and exciting way to kill Pat. Preferably one that involves intense pain.
Title: 3/4/05 Worse than a solo James Iha Album
Post by: Beatrice on March 04, 2005, 04:17:11 pm
So apparently now Pat is the one writing for Ken Burns.  Is that all the banjo's good for?  

Besides being evil?
Title: 3/4/05 Worse than a solo James Iha Album
Post by: St_Zartan on March 04, 2005, 04:27:43 pm
Actually, this banjo / diabetes nonsense was boring until Pat showed up. Pat fuck*ng rules.

(http://mywebpage.netscape.com/zartan00001/cornholio_and_pat.jpg)

SEE IF YOU CAN GUESS WHICH BATTLE
Title: 3/4/05 Worse than a solo James Iha Album
Post by: CortJstr on March 04, 2005, 04:36:14 pm
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
Agreed, this is a hell of a thing to be kept waiting for over the weekend.  Scare-ree.

I half expect Monday's strip to be about Teodor making dinner and talking to, oh let's say Lyle.

Either that or today's strip will just continue with the talking to further build the suspense.
Title: 3/4/05 Worse than a solo James Iha Album
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on March 04, 2005, 04:39:16 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
Agreed, this is a hell of a thing to be kept waiting for over the weekend.  Scare-ree.

I half expect Monday's strip to be about Teodor making dinner and talking to, oh let's say Lyle.

Either that or today's strip will just continue with the talking to further build the suspense.


We're so jaded in our postmodernity that we've become numb to Onstad.  Quit being so ironically blase, you crazy hipsters. Give a man a chance to make us laugh.
Title: 3/4/05 Worse than a solo James Iha Album
Post by: CortJstr on March 04, 2005, 04:42:24 pm
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
Agreed, this is a hell of a thing to be kept waiting for over the weekend.  Scare-ree.

I half expect Monday's strip to be about Teodor making dinner and talking to, oh let's say Lyle.

Either that or today's strip will just continue with the talking to further build the suspense.

We're so jaded in our postmodernity that we've become numb to Onstad.  Quit being so ironically blase, you crazy hipsters. Give a man a chance to make us laugh.

Hey, I never said these were bad ideas. Dragging something out can be good and entertaining. Especially if Pat manages to top "guess which battle."
Title: 3/4/05 Worse than a solo James Iha Album
Post by: robot_roll_call on March 04, 2005, 05:18:51 pm
The 4th panel, the totally superfluous closeup of Pat being angry, is my favorite part of today's comic.
Title: 3/4/05 Worse than a solo James Iha Album
Post by: Skillator on March 04, 2005, 07:10:07 pm
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"

We're so jaded in our postmodernity that we've become numb to Onstad.  Quit being so ironically blase, you crazy hipsters. Give a man a chance to make us laugh.


THANK YOU!
I think this may be the first time I've ever agreed with you and that frightens me but I'm willing to give the big O a chance, especially now that he seems to be bringing closure to a long lost story line.
You can't esacape a pact with the devil!
AAAAAIIIIIIIGHT!?
Title: 3/4/05 Worse than a solo James Iha Album
Post by: V-Adore on March 04, 2005, 07:36:58 pm
As previously mentioned, the absolute winner of the strip is "guess which battle." Also, I'm looking forward to seeing Onstad represent whatever Pat's playing with written music, just because I know it will produce rad midis so I can guess which battle in my own home.
Title: 3/4/05 Worse than a solo James Iha Album
Post by: evan on March 04, 2005, 08:09:05 pm
I'm confused. I thought that Pat, Beef, and Teodor all lived in different houses. Are they just all hanging out at Teodor's? Did Pat walk all the way from his house just to scowl at Roast Beef?
Title: 3/4/05 Worse than a solo James Iha Album
Post by: V-Adore on March 04, 2005, 09:08:27 pm
Quote from: "evan"
Did Pat walk all the way from his house just to scowl at Roast Beef?

You say this like he wouldn't do this. Me, I think Pat has a finely-tuned radar for situations in which he might conceivably be a dick. This is one of the more special ones lately, although the hypocrisy of his latest blog entry makes it a strong contender. (Honestly, dude? You buy BBW Gold; suck it up. Also, she probably wasn't actually macking on you.)
Title: 3/4/05 Worse than a solo James Iha Album
Post by: Beatrice on March 04, 2005, 09:58:08 pm
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
Agreed, this is a hell of a thing to be kept waiting for over the weekend.  Scare-ree.

I half expect Monday's strip to be about Teodor making dinner and talking to, oh let's say Lyle.

Either that or today's strip will just continue with the talking to further build the suspense.


We're so jaded in our postmodernity that we've become numb to Onstad.  Quit being so ironically blase, you crazy hipsters. Give a man a chance to make us laugh.


No, god dammit. I need my climax,and I need it NOW!
Title: 3/4/05 Worse than a solo James Iha Album
Post by: palm trees on March 04, 2005, 10:49:17 pm
i like that in panel 9, pat's expression indicates that he thinks beef will really be dead excited and try to guess
Title: 3/4/05 Worse than a solo James Iha Album
Post by: MSC on March 04, 2005, 11:17:09 pm
What is with Pat's black shoes/socks?
Title: 3/4/05 Worse than a solo James Iha Album
Post by: CortJstr on March 04, 2005, 11:17:28 pm
Quote from: "Beatrice"
No, god dammit. I need my climax,and I need it NOW!

Bozack, I think this is directed at you.
Title: 3/4/05 Worse than a solo James Iha Album
Post by: Golfhaus on March 05, 2005, 06:30:46 pm
Quote from: "Skillator"
I think this may be the first time I've ever agreed with you and that frightens me but I'm willing to give the big O a chance, especially now that he seems to be bringing closure to a long lost story line.
You can't esacape a pact with the devil!
AAAAAIIIIIIIGHT!?


I dunno... maybe the devil pact is a storyline that NEVER reaches closure, but always rears its ugly head at irregular, but semi-frequent intervals. Kinda like Q on ST:TNG. You know it's coming because it's been a few months, and you know it's going to at least be entertaining, but you still kinda wish you were getting something... fresh.

The final week of Achewood will have Ray throwing a big party, then the Devil shows up on the last day and says, "It's time." Ray says, "Now?," finally understanding. The Devil replies, "Yes, Ray. Now." Ray looks at the Devil, looks back at the party, looks back at the Devil, sighs, and walks into the distance.
Title: 3/4/05 Worse than a solo James Iha Album
Post by: Franz. on March 06, 2005, 06:50:27 pm
Quote from: "MaxAce"
I liked the phrase "always so quick to speak". That made me laugh.


Yeah, not least because it is perhaps the last thing you would say about Le Bœuf.

[ Franz. ]
Title: 3/4/05 Worse than a solo James Iha Album
Post by: doomglobe on March 07, 2005, 08:29:35 am
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
Agreed, this is a hell of a thing to be kept waiting for over the weekend.  Scare-ree.


this, my friend, is why I now read all my friday comics on monday. achewood expecially.