The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: cellardoor on March 08, 2005, 11:33:09 am

Title: Yeeeeks! - 08/03/05
Post by: cellardoor on March 08, 2005, 11:33:09 am
Woah! I didn't see that coming!
It's kinda like John Carpenter's The Thing.
Cool! Mayhaps this'll turn into an all-action strip!
Also, Pat has achieved new levels of cockness.
Title: Yeeeeks! - 08/03/05
Post by: char * on March 08, 2005, 11:43:00 am
sheesh that's one posessed banjo

where is it taking pat and what nefarious deeds is it plotting?
Title: Yeeeeks! - 08/03/05
Post by: toddster on March 08, 2005, 11:54:30 am
I was so on my way here to post this thread with the exact same title. "Yeeks", Pat? The hell?

Anyway, with that creepy-ass Burtonesque/Carpenteresque banjo, I almost felt sorry for dear old Pat. Almost.

Much more so, I was oh so proud of Teodor for finally inflicting physical violence on Pat. Am I wrong, or is he the first?

This is also another ideal strip in which to play "what's Beef thinking". To me it looks like "oh hey cool, I think Teodor may be about to beat up Pat. Think I'll stick around."
Title: Yeeeeks! - 08/03/05
Post by: cellardoor on March 08, 2005, 11:58:46 am
Beef is definitely observing with some sort of expectation.
He knows what Pat's like after all.
Teodor could be the first but then Beef (of all cats) did do this...(last panel)
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11122004
Title: Yeeeeks! - 08/03/05
Post by: arlucasinc on March 08, 2005, 01:22:55 pm
Wow. That banjo is frickin' awesome. Goddam freaky as hell.

Also, I love how Beef pulls his right leg up over his left. He's settling in for the long haul.

Where is the banjo taking Pat?
Title: Yeeeeks! - 08/03/05
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on March 08, 2005, 01:35:15 pm
This is quite beautiful. Pat expresses his utter dickitude with the pretty-please welsh and is DRAGGED OFF TO HELL LIKE THAT GUY IN GHOST.
Title: Yeeeeks! - 08/03/05
Post by: slink on March 08, 2005, 01:53:29 pm
It's not a banjo. It's The Thing!
Title: Yeeeeks! - 08/03/05
Post by: CortJstr on March 08, 2005, 02:13:57 pm
You'd think the string would really cut into his leg. What's going to happen to the bottom part of the bajo? Can it roll under its own power or will be it left behind? I'm kind of sad now.
Title: Yeeeeks! - 08/03/05
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on March 08, 2005, 02:22:00 pm
I say, let the demon banjo devour Pat.  Douche.
Title: Yeeeeks! - 08/03/05
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on March 08, 2005, 02:22:31 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
You'd think the string would really cut into his leg. What's going to happen to the bottom part of the bajo? Can it roll under its own power or will be it left behind? I'm kind of sad now.


Expendable. It's the Banjo Demon Yolk.
Title: Yeeeeks! - 08/03/05
Post by: cellardoor on March 08, 2005, 03:01:15 pm
Dripping mandibles will sprout from the body of the Banjo and it'll scuttle off to breed with something.
Or someone.
Title: Yeeeeks! - 08/03/05
Post by: V-Adore on March 08, 2005, 03:31:44 pm
This strip is all about the little details. I love the fact that Pat is wearing black shoes despite the total lack of any other visible clothes. Also the three panels of Beef. Also the banjo attack. ... ah, hell, I just like this one a lot. DO YOU HEAR ME, INTER NETS? I LIKE IT
Title: Yeeeeks! - 08/03/05
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on March 08, 2005, 03:35:29 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
This strip is all about the little details. I love the fact that Pat is wearing black shoes despite the total lack of any other visible clothes. Also the three panels of Beef. Also the banjo attack. ... ah, hell, I just like this one a lot. DO YOU HEAR ME, INTER NETS? I LIKE IT


No one dies until we see Roller Skates.
Title: Yeeeeks! - 08/03/05
Post by: CortJstr on March 08, 2005, 03:52:04 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
This strip is all about the little details. I love the fact that Pat is wearing black shoes despite the total lack of any other visible clothes. Also the three panels of Beef. Also the banjo attack. ... ah, hell, I just like this one a lot. DO YOU HEAR ME, INTER NETS? I LIKE IT

My general feeling is that when Chris doesn't draw clothes that they're in a "standard outfit" like Bart's orange shirt/blue shorts as opposed to actually being nude.
Title: Yeeeeks! - 08/03/05
Post by: V-Adore on March 08, 2005, 04:00:22 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
This strip is all about the little details. I love the fact that Pat is wearing black shoes despite the total lack of any other visible clothes. Also the three panels of Beef. Also the banjo attack. ... ah, hell, I just like this one a lot. DO YOU HEAR ME, INTER NETS? I LIKE IT

My general feeling is that when Chris doesn't draw clothes that they're in a "standard outfit" like Bart's orange shirt/blue shorts as opposed to actually being nude.

Well, with cats it's kind of hard to tell, I think. I mean, Pat might not actually be wearing any other clothes. That, and I'm more amused by the image of him being appropriately naked (you know, for a cat) but wearing his little black sneakers and glasses, all orderly-like.
Title: Yeeeeks! - 08/03/05
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on March 08, 2005, 04:19:51 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
This strip is all about the little details. I love the fact that Pat is wearing black shoes despite the total lack of any other visible clothes. Also the three panels of Beef. Also the banjo attack. ... ah, hell, I just like this one a lot. DO YOU HEAR ME, INTER NETS? I LIKE IT

My general feeling is that when Chris doesn't draw clothes that they're in a "standard outfit" like Bart's orange shirt/blue shorts as opposed to actually being nude.

Well, with cats it's kind of hard to tell, I think. I mean, Pat might not actually be wearing any other clothes. That, and I'm more amused by the image of him being appropriately naked (you know, for a cat) but wearing his little black sneakers and glasses, all orderly-like.


Well, he IS interested in the nudist ways of the Sky-Clad Jains. (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=09232003)

CJ HUZZAH
Title: Yeeeeks! - 08/03/05
Post by: robot_roll_call on March 08, 2005, 05:38:49 pm
Something always told me that Pat would get hurt in a banjo-related incident.
Title: Yeeeeks! - 08/03/05
Post by: Silverberg on March 08, 2005, 05:45:09 pm
If you ever thought for a second that it would involve a creeping monster banjo, man, maybe you should visit Vegas.
Title: Yeeeeks! - 08/03/05
Post by: Formica on March 08, 2005, 06:02:26 pm
Quote from: "cellardoor"
Dripping mandibles will sprout from the body of the Banjo and it'll scuttle off to breed with something.
Or someone.

With any luck, it will attempt to breed with Pat.

Repeatedly.

In every orifice it can find, and perhaps some new ones.
Title: Yeeeeks! - 08/03/05
Post by: CortJstr on March 08, 2005, 06:06:12 pm
Quote from: "Formica"
Quote from: "cellardoor"
Dripping mandibles will sprout from the body of the Banjo and it'll scuttle off to breed with something.
Or someone.

With any luck, it will attempt to breed with Pat.

Repeatedly.

In every orifice it can find, and perhaps some new ones.

Man, I don't need no Achewood-themed tentacle hentai. Especially not with Pat.
Title: Yeeeeks! - 08/03/05
Post by: AugustWest on March 08, 2005, 06:11:22 pm
Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
Something always told me that Pat would get hurt in a banjo-related incident.


R_R_C, You..Are..Rad.
Title: Yeeeeks! - 08/03/05
Post by: AugustWest on March 08, 2005, 06:11:45 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "Formica"
Quote from: "cellardoor"
Dripping mandibles will sprout from the body of the Banjo and it'll scuttle off to breed with something.
Or someone.

With any luck, it will attempt to breed with Pat.

Repeatedly.

In every orifice it can find, and perhaps some new ones.

Man, I don't need no Achewood-themed tentacle hentai. Especially not with Pat.


Seconded.
Title: Yeeeeks! - 08/03/05
Post by: Doc on March 08, 2005, 10:18:12 pm
The detail I most like about this is probably just my imagination, but in the first two panels after the banjo breaks doesn't the end of the (handle? Long bit?) look like a smiling open mouth?
Title: Yeeeeks! - 08/03/05
Post by: palm trees on March 09, 2005, 01:42:01 am
did the last panel make anyone else cheer?
it made me cheer.
Title: Yeeeeks! - 08/03/05
Post by: robot_roll_call on March 09, 2005, 02:10:46 am
Quote from: "palm trees"
did the last panel make anyone else cheer?
it made me cheer.


No, because I have a feeling that Nice Pete has done worse things to Pat than the banjo will manage.
Title: Yeeeeks! - 08/03/05
Post by: V-Adore on March 09, 2005, 02:40:43 am
Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
Quote from: "palm trees"
did the last panel make anyone else cheer?
it made me cheer.


No, because I have a feeling that Nice Pete has done worse things to Pat than the banjo will manage.

Oh, we can hope. We can only hope.

Besides, why not Nice Pete and the banjo? Two great tastes that taste great together. As it were.
Title: Yeeeeks! - 08/03/05
Post by: robot_roll_call on March 09, 2005, 02:56:23 am
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Besides, why not Nice Pete and the banjo? Two great tastes that taste great together. As it were.


You got your Nice Pete in my banjo! You got your banjo in my Nice Pete!
Title: Yeeeeks! - 08/03/05
Post by: CortJstr on March 09, 2005, 02:56:28 am
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
Quote from: "palm trees"
did the last panel make anyone else cheer?
it made me cheer.

No, because I have a feeling that Nice Pete has done worse things to Pat than the banjo will manage.

Oh, we can hope. We can only hope.

Besides, why not Nice Pete and the banjo? Two great tastes that taste great together. As it were.

He'd make Pat watch him play the banjo slowly and out of tune. Plus he'd play something really trite.
Title: Yeeeeks! - 08/03/05
Post by: sailor on March 09, 2005, 03:13:56 am
That is hell of Dimitri Warnock's banjo.
Title: Yeeeeks! - 08/03/05
Post by: MSC on March 09, 2005, 03:47:49 am
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I love the fact that Pat is wearing black shoes despite the total lack of any other visible clothes.


I had wondered  earlier about Pat's black shoes.  But I think now that, given the white line on his footwear, he may actually be wearing some type of sandal with dark socks.  This would fit very well with Pat's earth-loving, people-hating ethos.
Title: Yeeeeks! - 08/03/05
Post by: slink on March 09, 2005, 08:42:39 am
Personally, I think he's sockless, and sandals would only be even slightly bearable if he was sockless, so I say it's shoes. I think the white line is just to show the slightly strange shape of his scary shoes, which he wears sockless.

Also, I really like the bit with Beef lifting his leg up to cross them. It's so expressive.
Title: Yeeeeks! - 08/03/05
Post by: linnea on March 09, 2005, 07:01:08 pm
I hope that the banjo drags him straight to hell. I really want to see Pat in the hellside Friendly's. I can just imagine him screaming at the waitstaff because everything in the Friendly's oeuvre contains lard or suet or whatever.
Title: Yeeeeks! - 08/03/05
Post by: Doc on March 09, 2005, 11:33:46 pm
I vote sandals, mainly because it is way more self consciously enviro-friendly/ anal retentive, but I also put this (http://journeyintoreason.blogspot.com/2004/07/i-am-damn-glad-i-bought-these-earth.html) forward as evidence.