The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: Satcrates on March 09, 2005, 09:18:47 pm

Title: Leisuretown is BACK!!
Post by: Satcrates on March 09, 2005, 09:18:47 pm
There's a new strip ("Pussy Driver"), and a store where you can buy bendy animal dolls to support the site.

Joy...
Title: Leisuretown is BACK!!
Post by: Bozack on March 09, 2005, 09:35:25 pm
...Eh....wha? Who? What is this "Leisuretown" of which you speak?
*Googles*

Ahhh. Okay. Next time....linky?
Title: Apologies & Info
Post by: Satcrates on March 09, 2005, 10:06:30 pm
Sorry, I assumed your average Achewood afficiando would be as fiercely devoted to Leisuretown as I am:

The site:  www.leisuretown.com

About it:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leisuretown


For anyone who's brand new, my all time favorite is "Winter Pageant," followed by "QA Confidential" "Around and Around" & "The Dog Mess[iah]." However (like Achewood) you'll probably appreciate these later masterpieces a lot more if you've already keyed into Leisuretown's rhythm and style (and gotten used to the bendy animals) by reading the earlier strips.  I suggest you start at the bottom of the "features" section and work your way up.  I think they might be in roughly chronological order of production, though the site has been redesigned since it was shut it down in 2002(?).

FYI, since there was mention of Jerkcity recently in these forums: Leisuretown creator Tristan  A. Farnon is "pant.s," the goatee-sporting guy  in Jerkcity.
Title: Re: Apologies & Info
Post by: robot_roll_call on March 09, 2005, 10:20:50 pm
Quote
FYI, since there was mention of Jerkcity recently in the forum: Leisuretown creator Tristan A. Farnon = ****** in Jerkcity.


Well that's all you had to say to catch my interest.
Title: ??
Post by: Satcrates on March 09, 2005, 10:31:13 pm
Wasn't trying to be cryptic... for some reason pa.nts is replaced with asterixs when you write it normally (give it a try, won't you??).  The pussy in "pussy patrol" went right through though.  

Perhaps jough is some kind of recovering sex addict?  I presume only a pervert who likes slacks, jeans, and other forms of lower body menswear would ban the word p.ants.

P...A...N...T...S!
P...A...N...T...S!!
P...A...N...T...S!!!

Does that get you going big guy?

Or is it the verb  "pant.s" that's a problem??

I guess not, because panting seems to work fine.
Title: Leisuretown is BACK!!
Post by: miles on March 09, 2005, 10:36:01 pm
Whoa.  Check out the Wikipedia entry (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Achewood) for our beloved Achewood.  Pretty intense.

Sorry if it's already been posted here, I was just really impressed.
Title: Re: Apologies & Info
Post by: CortJstr on March 09, 2005, 11:08:39 pm
Quote from: "Satcrates"
Sorry, I assumed your average Achewood afficiando would be as fiercely devoted to Leisuretown as I am:

I'd never heard of it until I saw it on Beef's catch-up list (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10162003).
Title: Re: ??
Post by: CortJstr on March 09, 2005, 11:15:30 pm
Quote from: "Satcrates"
Wasn't trying to be cryptic... for some reason pa.nts is replaced with asterixs when you write it normally (give it a try, won't you??).  The pussy in "pussy patrol" went right through though.  

Perhaps jough is some kind of recovering sex addict?  I presume only a pervert who likes slacks, jeans, and other forms of lower body menswear would ban the word p.ants.

P...A...N...T...S!
P...A...N...T...S!!
P...A...N...T...S!!!

Does that get you going big guy?

Or is it the verb  "pant.s" that's a problem??

I guess not, because panting seems to work fine.

http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?p=19450#19450
Title: Re: Apologies & Info
Post by: robot_roll_call on March 10, 2005, 12:21:20 am
Quote from: "Satcrates"
FYI, since there was mention of Jerkcity recently in these forums: Leisuretown creator Tristan  A. Farnon is "pant.s," the goatee-sporting guy  in Jerkcity.


Hey waitaminute you mean he's Spigot. ##### is the christmas tree monster.

I think he also does  ASCII Art Farts (http://www.asciiartfarts.com/).
Title: Leisuretown is BACK!!
Post by: Golfhaus on March 10, 2005, 03:21:21 am
Sweet Jesus, Leisuretown. I'd... I'd almost forgotten.
Title: Tristan Farnon = "spigot"
Post by: Satcrates on March 10, 2005, 04:34:50 am
Oops, you're right *****_roll_call.  I don't really read jerkcity and I thought the beatnik was named "pan.ts"   Thanks.  

More questionably accurate Farnon trivia: I believe he's written some rotten.com articles (in "the gaping maw" section - www.gapingmaw.com) and I'm pretty sure he's the creator of "jerk your own adventure"  - www.jerking.com

Thanks for the enlightening link, Cortjstr.
Title: Leisuretown is BACK!!
Post by: jough on March 10, 2005, 05:16:50 am
Way to make your first posts to the board, dickhead.
Title: Leisuretown is BACK!!
Post by: robot_roll_call on March 10, 2005, 07:01:58 am
Well tonight I went through and read all the features. Wow. At first it was kind of like Jerkcity with bendy animals and a semblance of a plot, but then I read more and more and it just amazed me. My favorite by far was Q.A. Confidential.
Title: Leisuretown is BACK!!
Post by: jough on March 10, 2005, 08:26:24 am
Q.A. Confidential is not only very funny, but also somewhat reminded me of early Life in Hell strips.

Good stuff.
Title: Leisuretown is BACK!!
Post by: Gimpson on March 19, 2005, 04:04:45 am
Holy crap holy crap holy crap.  

I feel extremely fortunate that some of the saddest moments of my life include:

1.  Suck.com going "on vacation".
2.  Phil Hartman being killed
3.  Leisuretown "Thank You And Good Night"

Thanks so much, Socrates.  Of course this would happen right after my company gets bought by a bank that has a very strict no internet at work policy...
Title: Leisuretown is BACK!!
Post by: Nabubrush on March 19, 2005, 06:09:36 pm
Quote from: "Gimpson"
I feel extremely fortunate that some of the saddest moments of my life include:

1.  Suck.com going "on vacation".
2.  Phil Hartman being killed
3.  Leisuretown "Thank You And Good Night"


Man, that's an interesting construction.

I feel very fortunate that I was alive when HST shot himself. A little reducted, but still . . . I assume that you mean you feel fortunate that this horrible thing that happened has now un-happened?

Also, pants, if absolutely necessary.
Title: Leisuretown is BACK!!
Post by: robot_roll_call on March 19, 2005, 06:21:26 pm
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Quote from: "Gimpson"
I feel extremely fortunate that some of the saddest moments of my life include:

1.  Suck.com going "on vacation".
2.  Phil Hartman being killed
3.  Leisuretown "Thank You And Good Night"


Man, that's an interesting construction.

I feel very fortunate that I was alive when HST shot himself. A little reducted, but still . . . I assume that you mean you feel fortunate that this horrible thing that happened has now un-happened?

Also, pants, if absolutely necessary.


I think he means fortunate as in he's lucky the saddest experience of his life is a webcomic going away.
Title: Leisuretown is BACK!!
Post by: Nabubrush on March 19, 2005, 07:22:15 pm
Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Quote from: "Gimpson"
I feel extremely fortunate that some of the saddest moments of my life include:

1.  Suck.com going "on vacation".
2.  Phil Hartman being killed
3.  Leisuretown "Thank You And Good Night"


Man, that's an interesting construction.

I feel very fortunate that I was alive when HST shot himself. A little reducted, but still . . . I assume that you mean you feel fortunate that this horrible thing that happened has now un-happened?

Also, pants, if absolutely necessary.


I think he means fortunate as in he's lucky the saddest experience of his life is a webcomic going away.


Well, but #2.