The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: CortJstr on March 10, 2005, 02:10:15 pm

Title: CBC article - Mar 9, 05
Post by: CortJstr on March 10, 2005, 02:10:15 pm
Damn, could they have picked a worse example of Achewood? People are going to think it's all about a gay stereotype.

And personally I think saying "fuck you" to the shirtsleeves would be more effective than saying "f--- you" because it takes forever to pronounce hyphen 3 times.
Title: Re: CBC article - Mar 9, 05
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on March 10, 2005, 02:34:03 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Damn, could they have picked a worse example of Achewood? People are going to think it's all about a gay stereotype.

And personally I think saying "fuck you" to the shirtsleeves would be more effective than saying "f--- you" because it takes forever to pronounce hyphen 3 times.


I thought Achewood WAS about gay stereotypes...
Title: CBC article - Mar 9, 05
Post by: Golfhaus on March 10, 2005, 03:10:54 pm
I thought it was about chicken.
Title: CBC article - Mar 9, 05
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on March 10, 2005, 03:16:14 pm
Quote from: "Golfhaus"
I thought it was about chicken.


That's tomorrow.
Title: CBC article - Mar 9, 05
Post by: jough on March 10, 2005, 03:56:12 pm
Goddammit people, link:

http://www.cbc.ca/arts/media/cartoonsgoonline.html
Title: CBC article - Mar 9, 05
Post by: Bozack on March 10, 2005, 04:06:09 pm
I had heard that it was about education now.
Title: CBC article - Mar 9, 05
Post by: miles on March 10, 2005, 04:13:43 pm
Motherfucker called Philippe retarted.  Let's roll on him, bitches.
Title: CBC article - Mar 9, 05
Post by: side_show on March 10, 2005, 04:25:58 pm
Woo, hoo.  CanCon.  The CBC is always so apologetically uncool.
Title: CBC article - Mar 9, 05
Post by: Max on March 10, 2005, 04:40:51 pm
yeah, that strip really sucked.  however, onstad comes off as a pretty badass comics revolutionary type (especially compared to that other whiny guy), which is pretty nice.
Title: CBC article - Mar 9, 05
Post by: Skillator on March 10, 2005, 05:16:31 pm
Thank you Onstad for taking another opportunity to make fun of Garfield.
Title: CBC article - Mar 9, 05
Post by: CortJstr on March 10, 2005, 05:38:03 pm
Quote from: "Bozack"
I had heard that it was about education now.

That was before it was bought out by the Nipponese.* Now it's about Seven Kinky!


*I have been reading too many Neal Stephenson books.
Title: CBC article - Mar 9, 05
Post by: PinkStainlessTail on March 10, 2005, 08:44:10 pm
So, The Norm's webpage appears to have no sample strips. Beyond the rather weak one included in the CBC article, I as a new reader have no way of finding out whether the strip is any damn good. I guess they're not interested in expanding their readership beyond the folks who used to read the strip in the paper and think to go to a website to look for new ones and are willing to pay up front. Good luck with that.
Title: CBC article - Mar 9, 05
Post by: robot_roll_call on March 10, 2005, 08:46:09 pm
Onstad is a fuck*ng rock star.
Title: CBC article - Mar 9, 05
Post by: pmcd9 on March 11, 2005, 01:27:14 am
This Norm guy needs to get a call from Ray.

~Paul
Title: CBC article - Mar 9, 05
Post by: AugustWest on March 11, 2005, 04:38:26 am
I told you once.  It's all about the eyebrows.