The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => Sports & Leisure => Topic started by: side_show on March 10, 2005, 06:15:51 pm
-
That's right all, since I'm working at a theatre school, and since we are closed in the summer, I am about to have three months off from work for the first time since I was 14! That's right, I have the only three months that are practically guaranteed to be snow free, from mid-June to mid-September off!
I've squirrelled enough away so that I do not need to work for July and August, but we're talking basic living expenses here, not travel-the-globe- type money. I'm a little bit scared, as, with the exception of a few long weekends I haven't had more than three days off in at least 5 years. I freaked and told my SO this morning that I was going to get a slack job at a garden centre or something just to maintain my sanity. Still, the tenative move-in date on our new house is July 1st, so I should have lots to do no matter what!
-
I voted for the play, but without enough information. It's not as much of a time committment as a job, is it?
Speaking as someone who just spent way too many months without a job (although, knock on wood, it seems that this is about to end), I can say that lots of time off without a plan can get old pretty quick. But a play and a house and a big pile of books to read sounds better than a purely time-filling job. Although, I can't help thinking, if you got a part time job at the garden center, would you get a big discount on plants to plant at the new house?
-
I would assume I'd get a discount at the garden centre, hence why I thought about it this morning.
The play, if I did it would involve my friend who will be back from grad school for the summer and one of the best actors I've ever met. And a hella' work. And no money. And lots of time. And lots of fun. But we have no venue, so it may not happen. Still the Fringe is all about the beer tents at 2 am.
-
I say do nothing, but wing it. If you think of something you want to do, and you have the time in between other insane schemes, and money, go do it. Just make it three months of doing what you want that you can manage. My entire life is like that most of the time...
It's like Office Space only less amusing.
-
My entire life is like that most of the time...
It's like Office Space only less amusing.
So, every day is the worst day of your life?
-
Man, just be cool and relax. If you think that getting a slacktastic summer job will be good for you, by all means, do it. If not, don't sweat it. The joy of summer breaks is just that -- breaks.
-
So, every day is the worst day of your life?
Depends if you ask me on a day like this one or not...
-
I vote for masturbation, but I like to do it in a clean environment.
Also, in those types of situations, I usually get at least a slacker job, day hours preferably, and one that lets you take time off easily with relatively short notice, with maybe a week or two of absolutely nothing to do. That way, I have time to fuck around without feeling like I am completely wasting money.
-
So, every day is the worst day of your life?
Depends if you ask me on a day like this one or not...
I think she was.
~Paul
-
I voted for time off without a plan, but unless you make some really great memories during that time you'll look back on it with regret. So I guess my recommendation is don't make a plan, but find a way to do something interesting and memorable. Maybe take a trip to LA, I hear it's nice down there.
~Paul
-
That's what these locals say about Hawaii too.
-
My faith in humanity is restored - 'masturbate in own filth' is tied for the lead.
-
IT'S WINNING!
-
I love how "masturbate in own filth" and "what does 'leisure time' mean?" are running neck and neck. It's like... well, it's like college.
-
I'm actually hoping to get my degree in Maturbation in Own Filth, with a minor in American Studies.
-
Well nothing's decided yet, so get your votes in people. If "masterbate in own filth" takes a strong enough lead, I may need some special supplies: http://www.divine-interventions.com
-
How sad is it that I don't even need to click the link to know what that is? I think I just beat the internet.
-
I only think I know what it is, and I think now I am wrong. I thought I recognised the url from a Boing Boing ad. I don't.
-
My eyes were just burned from my head.
-
Because if you can't mix Jesus+Your Snatch, what can you mix?
-
Why do I suppose that link just might be blocked at work?
-
Because if you can't mix Jesus+Your Snatch, what can you mix?
Jesus and your ass? Modern dildos aren't just restricted to one orifice, you know.
-
Should I declair a winner or something?
-
Well, if you declare masturbate in own filth the winner, people are bound to want details later.
-
Well - it's come 'round to that time - the time where I actually get time off for the first time in 10 years. Since it's less than to weeks til we move into the house we're having built for us, I'll not be posting again til July, once we're all moved in (but likely not unpacked).
I'll be getting internet hooked up in my house for the first time in years and years, on July 2nd! Yay! Since I've only been looking at the internet at work for the past 3 years or so, I'm looking forward to seeing all the dirty, horrible things I couldn't look at while surrounded by co-workers, and with the poll winner being what it is, I better get to work!
-
We will miss you, Smells.
Good luck with the move and with getting HARDCORE PORNOGRAPHY piped directly into your home.
-
Side Show Smells...
Now is the time. Don't sqander this opportunity to do absolutely nothing.
See you on the flip side.
~Paul
-
Shade and sweet water, side_show. Good luck with the house-getting, and may your filthy masturbation serve you well.
-
Good luck, S2! Enjoy it.
Also, I had to google "shade and sweet water," and have decided that it shall now be entered into my lexicon.
-
Good luck, S2! Enjoy it.
Also, I had to google "shade and sweet water," and have decided that it shall now be entered into my lexicon.
Googling didn't help. I gather it is some sort of elf-related greeting? Please help.
-
I just googled to make sure she didn't just make it up on the spot. I didn't realize the elf-related nature of it. I assume it just means "I wish you well."
-
Good luck, S2! Enjoy it.
Also, I had to google "shade and sweet water," and have decided that it shall now be entered into my lexicon.
Googling didn't help. I gather it is some sort of elf-related greeting? Please help.
I am led to understand that it's ElfQuest-related as a "good travels" sort of thing. A friend of mine here used it a lot, and I found it kind of nice even if I find ElfQuest deeply corny. (Uh, no offense or anything.)