The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: toddster on March 11, 2005, 10:26:54 am
-
A small part of me wants Pat to protest initially, then grudgingly give in to Ray's demands, then... how shall we put this? ...be rather more effusive in his compliments than Ray (and we, the gentle readers) may have been ready for.
And plus, I have been wanting to drink beer too.
-
This is fast, nasty, ache-style karma for the pretty please welsh. And I know this has pretty much been posted for the last three days but: I dislike Pat more than ever.
-
Yeah, and something else I just noticed on re-reading: I bet Pat pronounces 'damned' with two syllables. All the more reason to not like him.
Also, evidently Pat has had his cell phone on his person through this whole ordeal, yet has not called anyone for help. I'm guessing the only person he would consider actually calling would be Nice Pete, and I'm guessing he doesn't have a cell phone.
-
...and CLIFFHANGER!
What will Pat decide?
I just cannot see him saying something good..... hm....
-
the lead-up to the last three panels is sublime. this is well executed. and hilarious.
-
This has got to be the most satsifying Achewood story-arch ever made. I hope Liittle Nephew overhears Pat sing the praises of Ray's dick.
-
Ironic reversal of the week: after Pat's "pretty please" welsh, Ray actually seems pretty sincere about the whole thing. Seriously, he's cool with helping Pat; he just wants Pat to say something good about his dick.
Also, "lifeline of my heritage": relatively classy euphemism for Ray's progenitive organ, or off-handed reference to Ray being culturally Jewish, which would be news to me? Discuss.
-
Discuss.
I too loved the run up to the last panel.
"And plus I have been wanting to dirnk beer" is a great line, although comes a second to the finale.
Circumsised felines? Is that even...
I DON'T WANT TO KNOW! CJ, PUT DOWN THE GOOGLE URL!
-
Ray's internal dialogue is why i'm here!
Love it!
-
Circumsised felines? Is that even...
I DON'T WANT TO KNOW! CJ, PUT DOWN THE GOOGLE URL!
Getting away from the possible mechanics of the situation, I find it kind of funny that now the focus is on circumcision and not on neutering, which you'd think would be more detrimental to loss of sexual sensation (although I've heard it's not in humans, so nobody link me to the Rotten Library). Is this just a sign of the strip's universe slowly diverging from one where cats are owned by people?
-
First of all, how can this thread NOT be titled, "Come on man, say good stuff about my dick". That seems like a crime against humanity or something.
Also, I have been called "Turtleneck Tom" in many a public shower in my day, and it hurts.
It hurts bad. (tearful purple smile guy... NOW):cry:
-
The best part is the panel of silence where Pat is apparently choking on his own rage an unable to even reply.
Also that Ray wasn't wanting to drink a beer.
-
Is Ray perhaps...a Jewish American Curl?
If so, my unfortunate crush on him has just increased by an order of magnitude.
-
This has got to be the most satsifying Achewood story-arch ever made. I hope Liittle Nephew overhears Pat sing the praises of Ray's dick.
Uncle Ray likes tha peen
I wonder if a cat circumcision gets rid of the barbs...
-
I doubt Ray's Jewish, he's not conservative enough. LN could be Jewish, or certainly Beef, but not Ray. Although maybe he should convert... he'd look tite in a keepah and talis.
P.S. Ray's eyebrows have been righteous of late.
-
This goes to show that while you may have differing opinions on circumsision...don't insult a man's actual, personal hose.
-
This is funny, laugh out loud funny. I Laughed out loud at this strip. I agree with mantonio, Achewood has gotten into a zone of funny that is unmatched in it's history. Going back before the 2000 flushes party to Fuck You Friday. The strip has killed almost every day since then.
~Paul
-
This has got to be the most satsifying Achewood story-arch ever made. I hope Liittle Nephew overhears Pat sing the praises of Ray's dick.
You know, I find it rather amazing that we haven't seen any run-ins between LN and Pat thus far. There's so much potential there.
-
This has got to be the most satsifying Achewood story-arch ever made. I hope Liittle Nephew overhears Pat sing the praises of Ray's dick.
You know, I find it rather amazing that we haven't seen any run-ins between LN and Pat thus far. There's so much potential there.
I think that there is also potential with LN and Mr. Bear. But LN, while fun at first, is pretty obnoxious to have around. So maybe that's why we don't see much of him.
-
"my actual, personal hose"
-
Do you guys realize that there has been a new Achewood every weekday for the past two weeks? Is that a record? I bet it's because Onstad is really into this storyline. I think it shows, anyways.
-
I would have voted for "my actual, personal hose" for the title.
I agree with everyone else that this is grand - easily one of the funniest strips in recent history.
On the other hand, Ray is one of Those People. No, I don't mean circumsized, I mean one of those people that holds the cell phone away from his face as he talks into it. I hate that. Damn you Ray. Someone pluck one of them banjo strings for me.
-
This is fast, nasty, ache-style karma for the pretty please welsh. And I know this has pretty much been posted for the last three days but: I dislike Pat more than ever.
This is a sign of a good buildup (Pat is a dick) to a wonderful resolution (Pat gets his comeuppance). Porkpie hat Pat wouldn't have done it, nor, frankly, would Subway War Pat. I must add that the blogs have helped to buld up the hatred of this character, so it's truly multimedia. The strip alone couldn't have done it.
So, with that stated, we must now ask:
"Well, Pat..."
(http://riemann.13th-floor.org/burgerking.jpg)
-
My brother reckons we need a t shirt of the last panel. I am inclined to agree but I'm not sure I have the balls to wear one! Then again, if I want so badly a Jesus Loves Dick tee...
-
Do you guys realize that there has been a new Achewood every weekday for the past two weeks? Is that a record? I bet it's because Onstad is really into this storyline. I think it shows, anyways.
You fool! Now you've gone and jinxed it.
On the other hand, Ray is one of Those People. No, I don't mean circumsized, I mean one of those people that holds the cell phone away from his face as he talks into it. I hate that. Damn you Ray.
Agreed. Why do you have a device designed to be held right up to your ear, then hold it two feet away so you have to yell into it and the crank the volume so people 12 yards away can hear the earpiece? This is right up there with people who constantly use speakerphone. Especially at work.
-
i thought it was some kind of weird walkie talkie phone-thing
-
We return Thursday.
-
going through the strip i picked out like at least five lines that could make great titles. so don't rag on the thread starter; that is what pieces of shit do.
As for jewishness: as a jewish person myself i feel i might bring my expertise to bare (bear? hm..) on ray's last name, 'smuckles', which is definitely NOT jewish. 'kazenzakis', on the other hand...that has potential. at the very least it's polish, which gives you like a 60% chance. also, nice pete has the facial hair.
-
'kazenzakis', on the other hand...that has potential. at the very least it's polish, which gives you like a 60% chance. also, nice pete has the facial hair.
"Kazenzakis" sounds more Greek than Polish to me. Now if it was Kazenzaski...
And Nice Pete is from West Virginia.
-
We already know Beef's last name is Greek, don't we? Where's CJ?
-
On the other hand, Ray is one of Those People. No, I don't mean circumsized, I mean one of those people that holds the cell phone away from his face as he talks into it. I hate that. Damn you Ray.
Agreed. Why do you have a device designed to be held right up to your ear, then hold it two feet away so you have to yell into it and the crank the volume so people 12 yards away can hear the earpiece? This is right up there with people who constantly use speakerphone. Especially at work.
Sounds like an eavesdropping-to-come setup if I've ever seen one. But who will it be? Lyle? Mr. Bear? Phillipe? Or...(gasp!)...Arthur?
-
i thought it was some kind of weird walkie talkie phone-thing
Yeah, I thought of the "two-ways" Ray and Teodor were using as being Underground versions of Nextel phones, the ones with the walkie-talkie-type option and the irritiating chirp. It's hard to use those like a regular phone because that signal chirp is also hell of loud.
-
We already know Beef's last name is Greek, don't we? Where's CJ?
Shit. I think you're right but I can't remember where I gleaned this information. I just checked his blog but I'm currently unable to search the archives. Assuming it wasn't in the cookbook or something. Dammit, I hate it when this happens.
-
We already know Beef's last name is Greek, don't we? Where's CJ?
Shit. I think you're right but I can't remember where I gleaned this information. I just checked his blog but I'm currently unable to search the archives. Assuming it wasn't in the cookbook or something. Dammit, I hate it when this happens.
It was from me and an observation I made somewhere on ehre.
Kazenzakis is a Greek name.
He also has, on separate occasions, made moussaka. Once with Weldon and one referred to in a over-the-Taco-Bell-speaker fight with Molly as overheard by Teodor on the scanner (he sneaks Moussaka into theatres).
It follows that, if any religion, he is Greek Orthodox.
-
Pat will never learn and this may finally be his downfall.
If you can successfully piss off beef...
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11122004
Make Téodor mad enough to push you...
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03082005
And insult a man's c*ck... You deserve to be taken to hell by the devil's banjo. Fuck you pat. And fuck your filthy c*ck.
-
This is one of those strips where everybody in this college computer lab is givin' me the "what the fuck is so funny, dude?" look. that is awesome.
-
Of course, the cookbook:
"I guess it's because I grew up with my grandma and she's real old-school Greek you know, always cookin' a ton and makin' everyone else help."
-
going through the strip i picked out like at least five lines that could make great titles. so don't rag on the thread starter; that is what pieces of shit do.
One mark of a great strip is the number of possible names for the discussion thread.
Someone should create an index and quantify the greatness of each strip based on possible discussion thread titles.
~Paul
-
Do you guys realize that there has been a new Achewood every weekday for the past two weeks? Is that a record? I bet it's because Onstad is really into this storyline. I think it shows, anyways.
You fool! Now you've gone and jinxed it.
Whoops! My bad! We return Tuesday. With chicken.