The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: PinkStainlessTail on March 14, 2005, 06:49:01 pm

Title: Phillipa? Teodora? Cornelia? Lylette?
Post by: PinkStainlessTail on March 14, 2005, 06:49:01 pm
Congrats on the baby, and I look forward to seeing the inside of Onstad's studio without having to worry about ending up with a restraining order.
Title: Phillipa? Teodora? Cornelia? Lylette?
Post by: Turbo Ninja on March 14, 2005, 06:54:12 pm
Congratulations, Onstads. You'll soon be wishing the only thing to disrupt your sleep were FedEx deliveries. I suppose I'll check the Amazon list again and see if it's bee updated with baby-related items.
Title: Phillipa? Teodora? Cornelia? Lylette?
Post by: sasquatch feeder on March 14, 2005, 06:55:00 pm
Congratulations! One day you'll sleep again.
Title: Phillipa? Teodora? Cornelia? Lylette?
Post by: sensate on March 14, 2005, 07:12:55 pm
All the best. Good luck, Chris!
Title: Phillipa? Teodora? Cornelia? Lylette?
Post by: AugustWest on March 14, 2005, 07:13:57 pm
Congrats Onstads!
Title: Phillipa? Teodora? Cornelia? Lylette?
Post by: Max on March 14, 2005, 07:19:10 pm
i didn't even know they were expecting.  that is really great, though.
Title: Phillipa? Teodora? Cornelia? Lylette?
Post by: jough on March 14, 2005, 07:23:28 pm
Congrats, Onstads, and I won't be offended if you don't name your offspring "Jough" (or "Joughsephine").

Just don't be too upset that the baby looks like me, Chris.
Title: Phillipa? Teodora? Cornelia? Lylette?
Post by: side_show on March 14, 2005, 07:25:24 pm
Oh, no Phillipe will have a complex now that he's not the youngest!
Title: Phillipa? Teodora? Cornelia? Lylette?
Post by: arlucasinc on March 14, 2005, 07:27:42 pm
Penny?
Title: Phillipa? Teodora? Cornelia? Lylette?
Post by: Huge Uncut Asian Jerkboy on March 14, 2005, 07:28:03 pm
will the baby become a character?
Title: Phillipa? Teodora? Cornelia? Lylette?
Post by: V-Adore on March 14, 2005, 07:45:14 pm
Congratulations, Chris, and best wishes to you and your family. The math geek in me says that your daughter will never regret being born on Pi Day.
Title: Phillipa? Teodora? Cornelia? Lylette?
Post by: AugustWest on March 14, 2005, 07:50:52 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
The math geek in me says that your daughter will never regret being born on Pi Day.


Yeah, that means she'll be well rounded.
Title: Phillipa? Teodora? Cornelia? Lylette?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on March 14, 2005, 07:59:14 pm
Hot damn. I knew that limoncello would finally help induce labor.

Enjoy the meconium - it just goes downhill from there - and congratulations again.
Title: Phillipa? Teodora? Cornelia? Lylette?
Post by: Bozack on March 14, 2005, 08:04:03 pm
Congrats, Chris and....wife. And......baby. I watched a National Geographic Channel special called "In The Womb" this last week, so i now finally know and appreciate what, exactly, a baby is, and where it comes from. Good luck and God bless.
Title: Phillipa? Teodora? Cornelia? Lylette?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on March 14, 2005, 08:06:25 pm
Quote from: "Bozack"
Congrats, Chris and....wife. And......baby. I watched a National Geographic Channel special called "In The Womb" this last week, so i now finally know and appreciate what, exactly, a baby is, and where it comes from. Good luck and God bless.


I can imagine it now.

Bozack: oh my god that wasn't "cancer" that I put into beatrice she was lying
Title: Phillipa? Teodora? Cornelia? Lylette?
Post by: robot_roll_call on March 14, 2005, 08:13:04 pm
Maybe all those times he said "chicken", he actually meant "baby"?

Anyways, congrats. I wonder if this strip (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11292004) is a result of some research he was doing at the time.[/url]
Title: Phillipa? Teodora? Cornelia? Lylette?
Post by: CortJstr on March 14, 2005, 08:40:18 pm
Quote from: "Huge Uncut Asian Jerkboy"
will the baby become a character?

Doubtful as we've only seen Chris 3 times and and his wife 0. Although one would think it would make good blog fodder for the other inhabitants of the manor.

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Congratulations, Chris, and best wishes to you and your family. The math geek in me says that your daughter will never regret being born on Pi Day.

So when the hell is Pi Day in those wacky countries that write the date the other way? And now I can't remember when Towel Day is. Is it 4.2 or the 42nd day of the year (Feb 11)?
Title: Phillipa? Teodora? Cornelia? Lylette?
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on March 14, 2005, 09:08:55 pm
Babies are cute.  Congrats to the Onstads.  Name her "Molly."
Title: Phillipa? Teodora? Cornelia? Lylette?
Post by: sailor on March 14, 2005, 10:01:48 pm
Congrats 'stads. Good job making the sexy.

"Not the mama!"

that was the only baby-related line i could think of.

name her steve.
Title: Phillipa? Teodora? Cornelia? Lylette?
Post by: EgoSumNoah on March 14, 2005, 10:07:35 pm
Congratularations Chris!  Don't name the baby after someone in the strip, because that would be weird.  Also don't name her Hilde or Francine since I suggested them.

I hope Phillipe adjusts alright.
Title: Phillipa? Teodora? Cornelia? Lylette?
Post by: linnea on March 14, 2005, 10:37:20 pm
I seem to remember something about the Onstads going for an ultrasound but the fetus had its (well, now we know that the baby is a her) legs crossed ("the damn kid had its legs crossed).  CJ, where the hell did I hear that? Was it a blog entry? Dammit, my memory fails me.

Anyhow, congratulations to Chris and Liz!
Title: Phillipa? Teodora? Cornelia? Lylette?
Post by: CortJstr on March 14, 2005, 11:14:22 pm
Quote from: "linnea"
I seem to remember something about the Onstads going for an ultrasound but the fetus had its (well, now we know that the baby is a her) legs crossed ("the damn kid had its legs crossed).  CJ, where the hell did I hear that? Was it a blog entry? Dammit, my memory fails me.

Yes, it was. He mentioned it a couple times in November but this (http://chrisonstad.blogspot.com/2004/11/tense-week-recap.html) is the most relevant.
Title: Phillipa? Teodora? Cornelia? Lylette?
Post by: AlohaDawg on March 15, 2005, 01:14:11 am
Yay! This should make at least for interesting blogging.

Good going, Onstad.
Title: Phillipa? Teodora? Cornelia? Lylette?
Post by: pmcd9 on March 15, 2005, 02:45:22 am
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
This should make at least for interesting blogging.

He'll turn into Lileks.

~Paul
Title: Phillipa? Teodora? Cornelia? Lylette?
Post by: Golfhaus on March 15, 2005, 04:01:24 am
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
The math geek in me says that your daughter will never regret being born on Pi Day.


Yeah, that means she'll be well rounded.


And that all the boys will be memorizing her digits.
Title: Phillipa? Teodora? Cornelia? Lylette?
Post by: cellardoor on March 15, 2005, 11:29:29 am
Congrats!
We share a birthday which practically makes me a part of the family!
I feel so special!
Piscean women are great though so mad props!
Title: Phillipa? Teodora? Cornelia? Lylette?
Post by: palm trees on March 15, 2005, 12:49:00 pm
congrats, dude. big congrats.
and while i'm at it, thanks for the printed collections, fella. mighty lovely.
Title: Phillipa? Teodora? Cornelia? Lylette?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on March 15, 2005, 01:28:39 pm
Ms. Onstad
What a long and arduous pregnancy?

Mr. Onstad
As I said before, the timing changes in the written anthology. Things are funnier when you don't have to wait nine months.

Ms. Onstad
You are correct. I find morning sickness funny now!


Don't we all, Ms. Onstad, don't we all.
Title: Phillipa? Teodora? Cornelia? Lylette?
Post by: wombat on March 15, 2005, 01:43:01 pm
Congratulations!   But, we need some dachshund in those office photographs.
Title: Phillipa? Teodora? Cornelia? Lylette?
Post by: beanmom on March 15, 2005, 02:55:42 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
So when the hell is Pi Day in those wacky countries that write the date the other way?


They get their turn every April 31.

Congratulations, Onstad & co.  

-jennifer,
 mommy to alice the bean and sammy-girl
Title: Phillipa? Teodora? Cornelia? Lylette?
Post by: V-Adore on March 15, 2005, 03:38:59 pm
Sadly, there is no April 31. It is regrettable.

I do rather like the banjo, though. It doesn't look particularly demonic, but it nonetheless would do a good job at totally eating Pat.
Title: Phillipa? Teodora? Cornelia? Lylette?
Post by: southworth813 on March 15, 2005, 04:05:22 pm
Quote from: "wombat"
Congratulations!   But, we need some dachshund in those office photographs.


I second this emotion. I also have a dachshund and would like to compare weeners.

Congratualtions, Chris and family.

Now let's see that weener.
Title: Phillipa? Teodora? Cornelia? Lylette?
Post by: AugustWest on March 15, 2005, 04:45:52 pm
Quote from: "southworth813"
Quote from: "wombat"
Congratulations!   But, we need some dachshund in those office photographs.


I second this emotion. I also have a dachshund and would like to compare weeners.

Congratualtions, Chris and family.

Now let's see that weener.


Me too.  I'll post a picture of mine if you post a picture of yours.
Title: Phillipa? Teodora? Cornelia? Lylette?
Post by: southworth813 on March 15, 2005, 05:52:18 pm
(http://www.krazylarry.com/images/mollyandblue.jpg)

That's her on the left. The evil glare on the right is my cat Blue.

The dachshund's name is Molly.

No relation.
Title: Phillipa? Teodora? Cornelia? Lylette?
Post by: V-Adore on March 15, 2005, 08:21:02 pm
Nice weener you got there, Southworth.
Title: Phillipa? Teodora? Cornelia? Lylette?
Post by: arlucasinc on March 15, 2005, 09:29:02 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Nice weener you got there, Southworth.


Real nice looking pussy, too!
Title: Phillipa? Teodora? Cornelia? Lylette?
Post by: V-Adore on March 15, 2005, 09:38:28 pm
Quote from: "arlucasinc"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Nice weener you got there, Southworth.


Real nice looking pussy, too!

You know, I was resisting that joke? Of course I shouldn't have, in retrospect. But I did. Because I did not want to degrade discourse.

To get the thread back on topic: Onstad, if you're out there (and you're almost certainly and justifiably not), where are our baby pictures? C'mon, we all want to see the Onstadlet.
Title: Phillipa? Teodora? Cornelia? Lylette?
Post by: Turbo Ninja on March 15, 2005, 09:49:44 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
C'mon, we all want to see the Onstadlet.


Not me.  His baby (and wife and dog) ain't my business unless it comes in the form of a blog entry.  I'd be sassified with news that the kid's healthy and the parents are happy.

Oh, and MORE TODD.
Title: Phillipa? Teodora? Cornelia? Lylette?
Post by: slink on March 15, 2005, 10:04:10 pm
Indeed, congrats and all that.

'Tis true though, I have never understood babies being cute. Maybe it's just my anti-paternal instinct though, but they seem all wrinkly and they always frown and glare at me. Sinister little eyes...

Apologies to all parents, but your kids are out to get me!

(Probably not...)
Title: Phillipa? Teodora? Cornelia? Lylette?
Post by: wombat on March 15, 2005, 10:21:08 pm
Few babies are as cute as a dachshund.

MORE DACHSHUNDS.
Title: Phillipa? Teodora? Cornelia? Lylette?
Post by: AugustWest on March 16, 2005, 03:23:17 am
OK, here's Gus.

(http://frank.plagiarist.com/pix/gus3.JPG)
(http://frank.plagiarist.com/pix/gus2_edited.JPG)

Woof.
Title: Phillipa? Teodora? Cornelia? Lylette?
Post by: southworth813 on March 16, 2005, 12:25:50 pm
Haha, "Gus". That's a great name.

Also, it appears Chris has granted our dog requests.

I grudgingly admit that his weener is bigger than mine...

But mine is hairier.

EDIT: Found some more pictures of Molly when she was a baby.
(http://www.krazylarry.com/images/molly.jpg)
Title: Phillipa? Teodora? Cornelia? Lylette?
Post by: arlucasinc on March 16, 2005, 01:25:32 pm
I almost expect to see an Onstad family portrait with everyone from the calves down, or something like that.
Title: Phillipa? Teodora? Cornelia? Lylette?
Post by: southworth813 on March 16, 2005, 01:33:14 pm
(http://www.skypen.com/gratton/baby4.jpg)

Awwww......She looks just like her father.
Title: Phillipa? Teodora? Cornelia? Lylette?
Post by: arlucasinc on March 16, 2005, 01:44:13 pm
Quote from: "southworth813"
VERY CUTE PICTURE OF SOME SMALL CHILD'S CALVES AND FEET

Awwww......She looks just like her father.


Exactly what I'm talking about!
Title: Phillipa? Teodora? Cornelia? Lylette?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on March 16, 2005, 02:08:34 pm
Well, it looks like the Dachshund Whisperer succeeded in getting the Onstad's dog, which I shall affectionately name 'Scrambles', out of the couch.
Title: Phillipa? Teodora? Cornelia? Lylette?
Post by: southworth813 on March 16, 2005, 02:28:27 pm
THE DOG'S NAME IS "HEAVEN DOG"

Pay attention, Isosceles.

GOD  :x
Title: Phillipa? Teodora? Cornelia? Lylette?
Post by: side_show on March 16, 2005, 02:38:23 pm
Onstad proves he has the best weiner 1) by posting a picture of it and 2) by successfully mating with a human female.
Title: Phillipa? Teodora? Cornelia? Lylette?
Post by: AugustWest on March 16, 2005, 02:48:06 pm
Quote from: "side_show"
Onstad proves he has the best weiner 1) by posting a picture of it and 2) by successfully mating with a human female.


Hey!  I posted two pictures of mine and I've sucessfully mated with a human female twice!

What do I win?
Title: Phillipa? Teodora? Cornelia? Lylette?
Post by: southworth813 on March 16, 2005, 02:57:30 pm
You get to pay TWO college tuitions!

CONGRATULATIONS!
Title: Phillipa? Teodora? Cornelia? Lylette?
Post by: side_show on March 16, 2005, 03:08:24 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "side_show"
Onstad proves he has the best weiner 1) by posting a picture of it and 2) by successfully mating with a human female.


Hey!  I posted two pictures of mine and I've sucessfully mated with a human female twice!

What do I win?


I'm sorry August,  but Onstad's weiner just has more sex appeal.

What do you win?  You win that self satisfied feeling of knowing you're better than the rest of us.  

BTW: for what ever reason, I always imagine you as a Homer Simpson-like character (except you look nothing like him, and you're smart... but come with me on this one).  First you're on Jeopardy, next you loose your job and get ready to set off on another wacky adventure, soon you'll be in outer space, or sharing your life with multiple celebrities.
Title: Phillipa? Teodora? Cornelia? Lylette?
Post by: jough on March 16, 2005, 03:49:42 pm
Oh sure, August will be in outer space, but that damn inanimate carbon rod will get all of the credit.
Title: Phillipa? Teodora? Cornelia? Lylette?
Post by: AugustWest on March 16, 2005, 04:10:18 pm
What can I say but, D'OH!
Title: Phillipa? Teodora? Cornelia? Lylette?
Post by: AugustWest on March 16, 2005, 04:11:38 pm
Quote from: "side_show"

I'm sorry August,  but Onstad's weiner just has more sex appeal.


Look out.  Gus is on his way up to the great white north to bite you on the ass.
Title: Phillipa? Teodora? Cornelia? Lylette?
Post by: side_show on March 16, 2005, 04:29:30 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "side_show"

I'm sorry August,  but Onstad's weiner just has more sex appeal.


Look out.  Gus is on his way up to the great white north to bite you on the ass.


Yeah, I'm sure you meant ankle, but whatever!  Huh!
Title: Phillipa? Teodora? Cornelia? Lylette?
Post by: AugustWest on March 16, 2005, 05:06:14 pm
Quote from: "side_show"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "side_show"

I'm sorry August,  but Onstad's weiner just has more sex appeal.


Look out.  Gus is on his way up to the great white north to bite you on the ass.


Yeah, I'm sure you meant ankle, but whatever!  Huh!


He's bringing a ladder.
Title: Phillipa? Teodora? Cornelia? Lylette?
Post by: wombat on March 16, 2005, 07:55:59 pm
THANK YOU everyone, Chris included, for the dachshunds.

Otherwise, I'm staying out of it.
Title: Phillipa? Teodora? Cornelia? Lylette?
Post by: AugustWest on March 16, 2005, 08:07:03 pm
Southworth (and Onstad, if you'd care to respond) do your dachs puff out their cheeks?  Gus does this thing, especially when he's frustrated, where he kind inflates his cheeks and makes a chuffing, popping noise.  He starting to do it in the bottom picture, probably because he didn't like getting his picture taken.  I was wondering whether this was a dach thing or just a Gus thing.
Title: Phillipa? Teodora? Cornelia? Lylette?
Post by: Bozack on March 16, 2005, 08:16:49 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"


Hey!  I posted two pictures of mine and I've sucessfully mated with a human female twice!

What do I win?


ARE YOU AN INTERNET CELEBRITY, AUGUST? THOUGHT NOT!
Title: Phillipa? Teodora? Cornelia? Lylette?
Post by: southworth813 on March 16, 2005, 08:44:08 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Southworth (and Onstad, if you'd care to respond) do your dachs puff out their cheeks?  Gus does this thing, especially when he's frustrated, where he kind inflates his cheeks and makes a chuffing, popping noise.  He starting to do it in the bottom picture, probably because he didn't like getting his picture taken.  I was wondering whether this was a dach thing or just a Gus thing.


Hrm... Molly doesn't do that, not that I've noticed anyway, but she's not yet a year old. She does WHINE INCESSANTLY when she's lonely, however, which is basically anytime she's alone in a room and not greco-roman wrestling with the cat.
Title: Phillipa? Teodora? Cornelia? Lylette?
Post by: Va on March 21, 2005, 02:40:17 am
(http://www.posdef.net/images/8e1ff6df3e491d69c967d3ebee25019b-139.jpg)
Title: Phillipa? Teodora? Cornelia? Lylette?
Post by: wombat on March 21, 2005, 09:40:18 am
Va, that's one strange looking dachshund.
Title: Phillipa? Teodora? Cornelia? Lylette?
Post by: side_show on March 21, 2005, 02:55:59 pm
Sweet Zombie Jesus, I'm still totally impressed by all the hair on that baby!
Title: Phillipa? Teodora? Cornelia? Lylette?
Post by: Beatrice on March 21, 2005, 06:13:55 pm
my goodness that is a gorgeous baby.  she beats the weenies, i'm sorry to say, which is quite impressive for a thing so young.  good grief! your genes!