The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: beverly on August 18, 2003, 01:18:33 pm

Title: Any Wesley Willis fans up in here?
Post by: beverly on August 18, 2003, 01:18:33 pm
http://www.ghettoloverecording.com/photos/wesley.html

I have nothing to say about it, I just think others should see it.
Title: Any Wesley Willis fans up in here?
Post by: jay-ell on August 18, 2003, 11:09:59 pm
Moved to Sounds.
Title: Any Wesley Willis fans up in here?
Post by: slink on August 19, 2003, 01:55:11 am
I think that belongs in sights! Maybe smells... Maybe just in the scariest recesses of our imaginations!

I'm yet to discover what this Wesley Willis thing is, of which people speak. One day I guess...
Title: Any Wesley Willis fans up in here?
Post by: beverly on August 19, 2003, 04:59:19 am
slink, download Wesley Willis - Arnold Schwarzeneggar for a good example of his work (it is all basically the same song with some different words).  

It'll help you get the "Rock over TCP, rock on XML" reference here:
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=07222003
Title: Any Wesley Willis fans up in here?
Post by: beverly on August 19, 2003, 05:02:43 am
You know, I actually heard that song on the announcements in high school.  Our school did televised announcements with a long, poorly rendered lead-in accompanied by music.

Codeine makes me feel good.
Title: Any Wesley Willis fans up in here?
Post by: AugustWest on August 19, 2003, 02:02:14 pm
MY EYES!

The Goggles, they do nothing!
Title: like a god-damned accident
Post by: satchel on August 21, 2003, 06:14:12 pm
what happened to him
Title: Any Wesley Willis fans up in here?
Post by: AugustWest on August 22, 2003, 05:39:06 pm
Not a fan or anything, but I just read on Fark that this guy died yesterday.

http://www.alternativetentacles.com/news.php?sd=GuYBi6YFqtOXPvkcbRe

Sorry.
Title: Any Wesley Willis fans up in here?
Post by: jough on August 22, 2003, 06:20:39 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Not a fan or anything, but I just read on Fark that this guy died yesterday.

http://www.alternativetentacles.com/news.php?sd=GuYBi6YFqtOXPvkcbRe

Sorry.


I think we broke it:
Quote

Warning: Too many connections in /home/at/webs/lib/dbconnect.inc on line 6

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Too many connections in /home/at/webs/lib/dbconnect.inc on line 6

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/at/webs/lib/dbconnect.inc on line 7
Couldn't connect to database


I love that you read Jello Biafra's web site, assumingly on a regular basis.
Title: Any Wesley Willis fans up in here?
Post by: AugustWest on August 22, 2003, 06:58:32 pm
Naah, I'd never been there before.  I just followed a link on FARK.
Title: Any Wesley Willis fans up in here?
Post by: beverly on August 25, 2003, 06:45:49 pm
Sad.  I will miss him.

I followed that link to Biafra's site and there are 7 items in my shopping cart.  That's kind of weird.
Title: Any Wesley Willis fans up in here?
Post by: jough on August 25, 2003, 07:19:29 pm
Quote from: "beverly"
I followed that link to Biafra's site and there are 7 items in my shopping cart.  That's kind of weird.


That's awfully presumptuous of them, isn't it. "We'll start you off with this stuff you'll need and then you can add to it..."

Actually, that's just the result of August's link, showing his ID there.

So basically August either showed us what he added to his cart, or else the contents of the cart from whomever he found the link.
Title: Any Wesley Willis fans up in here?
Post by: beverly on August 26, 2003, 05:04:41 am
I think it's funny that his identifier starts out with "Guy Bi 6Y Fgt"
Title: Any Wesley Willis fans up in here?
Post by: bluebird_of_unhappiness on August 29, 2003, 02:28:03 pm
Other Wesley Willis classics:

Rock and Roll Macdonald's
I Whooped Batman's Ass


Rock Over London, Rock on Chicago.
Wheaties, breakfast of champions..
Title: Any Wesley Willis fans up in here?
Post by: side_show on August 30, 2003, 01:52:01 am
I'm sorry, but the ulitimate classic is "Cut the Mullet"!  
I love that song!  
It is a song to the max.  
That song really does the rock and roll!
That song really rocks!

Rock over London, Rock on Chicago!
Skittles, taste the Rainbow!