The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: ndpatel on March 16, 2005, 10:33:41 am
-
hey, i've noticed this for a while now, but it's finally started to kinda make me wonder, because i just got one for "SYSTEM SCANNING: VIRUSES DETECTED" which is just some shady nonsense i don't really associate with this board....
why is this like the only site on the internet my popup blocker won't effectively block popups from? and jough, do you make any money from the popups? i'm mostly curious, but, you know.
thanks for running the place, i lurk here most every day but i'm usually too late to post anything original. damn you all for thinking just like me several hours in advance. :)
EDIT: i'm runnning safari on os x, if you're curious.
-
Yes, I run pop-unders to help pay for the site, and the money it brings in doesn't even come CLOSE to keeping up with you vandals, but whatever.
I thought Safari had built-in pop-up blocking? My pops don't do anything nefarious - just open a new window using javascript.
Anyway, Safari suxx teh c0q. Try Camino and tell me you don't want to have its baby after a week of use. Just try it.
-
Yes, I run pop-unders to help pay for the site, and the money it brings in doesn't even come CLOSE to keeping up with you vandals, but whatever.
Good news on that front, I start work tomorrow, (after my interview that was arranged this afternoon!) so I will be able to make some amends to my only having made the one donation, at last!
So expect a little something in a week or two when my paycheck comes through.
-
They offered you a job on the spot? You GO, Slink.
Awesome. I am happier for your success in finding work than I am for the promise of your financial aid.
August, you're up next. I'll let myself wallow in unemployment until you guys all get work.
It's the least I can do for you, Karmically.
-
They offered you a job on the spot? You GO, Slink.
Thanks guys.
Somewhat an anomaly, I admit, but I was starting to panic vaguely about finding work. This way I may get to save up the cash to spend a while recording and shunning employment in the hope that takes off. But then again, it means deciding when I have enough that I can leave, and not staying on an extra month. Repeatedly...
Not even a CV or portfolio necessary, but then they are incredibly busy and I do have a friend on the inside.
Anyway, as I face awakening in 7 hours, work is not all it's cracked up to be. Oh wait, it's cracked up to suck isn't it? OK then.
-
Anyway, as I face awakening in 7 hours, work is not all it's cracked up to be. Oh wait, it's cracked up to suck isn't it? OK then.
I just started my new job today. You know what's really shocking about work? They not only expect you to get up tomorrow, slink - they want you to do it again the next day! And the next day!
I am glad to have a job, it's a nice change of pace so far... but it is a bit of a shock.
-
August, you're up next.
I see how it is, all passing up a regular contributor on the Karma Train, all leaving him in the depot in the rain and such.
Good on Slink, however.
No way man, I'm passing that karma right on to you. I'm sure it'll get back to me in due time.
-
Congrats to Slink and Wommie. Sucks to Dawg and August. I've been fearing a layoff for better than two years now. It hasn't happened yet though so knock on wood.
~Paul
-
August, you're up next.
I see how it is, all passing up a regular contributor on the Karma Train, all leaving him in the depot in the rain and such.
Good on Slink, however.
Oh, SNAP - actually, I'm going to change the links in the order they signed up - so plonkersbit is next - I guess that's not August after all. He's in the list, though.
It's all cued up - PHP will handle the details once my shiznat is approved and good to go. They STILL haven't credited me for my completing an offer, but when I emailed them about it they said that it could take up to 15 days. It's only been 9, so we'll see.
I'm only two away from getting enough people, assuming they all complete one offer.
As much fun as this is, I don't think I'm going to do this again after I help my ten people get their free computer.
-
Yes, Ash, you will have a special place in my heart for being the first to help me get free stuff.
Bless you and your family. One thousand boons on your house.
And to those of you who have not clicked the link in my sig to help me (and yourself) get a free Mac Mini - FUCK YOU AND EVERYONE WHO LOOKS LIKE YOU
-
And to those of you who have not clicked the link in my sig to help me (and yourself) get a free Mac Mini - FUCK YOU AND EVERYONE WHO LOOKS LIKE YOU
I tried, you know I tried. I told you though, I don't want no :)s.
~Paul
-
Jough did you actually get credit for me? If so I'm surprised. I went to the site but I didn't actually complete any of the offers. I clicked on a couple but I never went all the way. If I did you some good I'm happy.
-
No, but your e-mail shows up in my list. If you don't complete your offer - well, then I need three more instead of two more.
It's all good, though. Don't bother completing an offer unless you want to get the free Mac Mini yourself - I'll find ten suckers people who will sign up, I'm sure.