The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: V-Adore on March 17, 2005, 03:09:21 pm

Title: 17 Mar 05 - two kinds of vermouth or perhaps a live goldgiraffe
Post by: V-Adore on March 17, 2005, 03:09:21 pm
New thread started just because I do love this phrase very badly.

Furthermore, I think I may have just found a new favorite Achewood character. MORE COCKTAIL RECIPES
Title: 17 Mar 05 - two kinds of vermouth or perhaps a live goldgiraffe
Post by: Bozack on March 17, 2005, 03:19:51 pm
Yeah, Cocktail Recipies is the man. I'm dreaming of him with a Mickey penis voice, talking to 'stad a la Mickey and Stokawski.

"Mister Onstad!!
Title: 17 Mar 05 - two kinds of vermouth or perhaps a live goldgiraffe
Post by: CortJstr on March 17, 2005, 04:31:49 pm
It probably made his life easy with his name being his job and all. No switching majors for him.
Title: 17 Mar 05 - two kinds of vermouth or perhaps a live goldgiraffe
Post by: antioch on March 17, 2005, 08:53:50 pm
His hat and shirt kind of make him look like a dandy Hellboy. I love him so much.
Title: 17 Mar 05 - two kinds of vermouth or perhaps a live goldgiraffe
Post by: Skillator on March 17, 2005, 10:41:30 pm
I think cocktail recipes is the greatest thing to ever happen to mankind.
I too want my very own cocktail recipes so that I may love him as dearly as this one is loved.
How can this be arranged?
Please inform.
Title: 17 Mar 05 - two kinds of vermouth or perhaps a live goldgiraffe
Post by: Turbo Ninja on March 18, 2005, 02:55:57 pm
Quote from: "Skillator"
I think cocktail recipes is the greatest thing to ever happen to mankind.
I too want my very own cocktail recipes so that I may love him as dearly as this one is loved.
How can this be arranged?
Please inform.


eBay. (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=35714&item=6163435083&rd=1)
Title: 17 Mar 05 - two kinds of vermouth or perhaps a live goldgiraffe
Post by: V-Adore on March 18, 2005, 03:01:28 pm
Drinking crowd, please inform: is the Godless Spaniard a real cocktail or not? I am sadly ignorant of such things.
Title: 17 Mar 05 - two kinds of vermouth or perhaps a live goldgiraffe
Post by: AugustWest on March 18, 2005, 03:32:55 pm
Quote from: "Asherdan"
If it is, it's prolly the type of thing you really shouldn't drink.

I got a kick out of the top shelf of the fridge set-up, eggs all delicately posed as ornamentation and such. 'stad crouching in front of the cold box all getting label placement just so.

ALSO: Marmite, WTF, Marmite!?!


Mmm, seemed a little twee to me.
Title: 17 Mar 05 - two kinds of vermouth or perhaps a live goldgiraffe
Post by: Max on March 18, 2005, 05:37:16 pm
if Cocktail Recipes makes it into the strip when things get back to normal I will be the happiest.
Title: 17 Mar 05 - two kinds of vermouth or perhaps a live goldgiraffe
Post by: Max on March 18, 2005, 05:41:11 pm
i once heard it used in reference to the kinks' 'victoria'.  i think it might mean something that is both cute and british?
Title: 17 Mar 05 - two kinds of vermouth or perhaps a live goldgiraffe
Post by: jough on March 18, 2005, 05:52:56 pm
It's not slang, people, it is a word in the English language.

Twee: Overly precious or nice.
Title: 17 Mar 05 - two kinds of vermouth or perhaps a live goldgiraffe
Post by: CortJstr on March 18, 2005, 05:59:10 pm
Quote from: "jough"
It's not slang, people, it is a word in the English language.

True. It also has the best etymology (http://www.webster.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?sourceid=Mozilla-search&va=twee) ever.

This UD definition (http://twee.urbanup.com/237886) is more how it's used online though.
Title: 17 Mar 05 - two kinds of vermouth or perhaps a live goldgiraffe
Post by: AugustWest on March 18, 2005, 06:16:08 pm
Quote from: "jough"
It's not slang, people, it is a word in the English language.

Twee: Overly precious or nice.


Yeah.  Twee is a perfectly cromulent word.
Title: 17 Mar 05 - two kinds of vermouth or perhaps a live goldgiraffe
Post by: AlohaDawg on March 18, 2005, 07:10:38 pm
Quote from: "Asherdan"
If it is, it's prolly the type of thing you really shouldn't drink.

I got a kick out of the top shelf of the fridge set-up, eggs all delicately posed as ornamentation and such. 'stad crouching in front of the cold box all getting label placement just so.

ALSO: Marmite, WTF, Marmite!?!


Yeah, Marmite (http://www.smh.com.au/news/Unusual-Tales/Yeast-extract-spreads-alarm/2005/03/18/1111086015251.html?oneclick=true)

If it's anything like vegemite, it's nasty. When I was in college, spreading yeast around was a bad thing.
Title: 17 Mar 05 - two kinds of vermouth or perhaps a live goldgiraffe
Post by: Turbo Ninja on March 18, 2005, 07:31:39 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "jough"
It's not slang, people, it is a word in the English language.

True. It also has the best etymology (http://www.webster.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?sourceid=Mozilla-search&va=twee) ever.

This UD definition (http://twee.urbanup.com/237886) is more how it's used online though.


If hitting the pronunciation button again and again so I can hear the man say "twee" is wrong, then I don't want to be right.

The picture looks very careful in its staging, right down to the chef guy peering out from between the Adams peanut butter jar and the imported cocktail onions.  CAN YOU SEE THAT CHRIS ONSTAD VALUES QUALITY INGREDIENTS SUCH AS SRIRACHA AND SOFT COD ROES.
Title: 17 Mar 05 - two kinds of vermouth or perhaps a live goldgiraffe
Post by: slink on March 18, 2005, 08:18:21 pm
I use twee fairly often, as far too  many things are awfully twee.

Also, I should really find that Godless Spaniel, as well, we had one... I mean a Spaniel, who was pretty much Godless.
Title: 17 Mar 05 - two kinds of vermouth or perhaps a live goldgiraffe
Post by: AlohaDawg on March 18, 2005, 09:44:30 pm
Quote from: "Turbo Ninja"
 CAN YOU SEE THAT CHRIS ONSTAD VALUES QUALITY INGREDIENTS SUCH AS SRIRACHA AND SOFT COD ROES.


Soft Roe (http://www.bartleby.com/61/87/S0538700.html)

Like I'd eat that.
Title: 17 Mar 05 - two kinds of vermouth or perhaps a live goldgiraffe
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on March 18, 2005, 11:10:47 pm
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Quote from: "Turbo Ninja"
 CAN YOU SEE THAT CHRIS ONSTAD VALUES QUALITY INGREDIENTS SUCH AS SRIRACHA AND SOFT COD ROES.


Soft Roe (http://www.bartleby.com/61/87/S0538700.html)

Like I'd eat that.


You'd eat the eggs (caviar), right?

If so, that means the only reason you wouldn't eat soft roe is because you are homophobic towards a giraffe.

That's sad, man.
Title: 17 Mar 05 - two kinds of vermouth or perhaps a live goldgiraffe
Post by: Skillator on March 19, 2005, 12:21:04 am
My bid will be placed this evening. I'm very excited to have my very own cocktail recipes. This comic just made some guy about $25.
"Cocktail recipes come and fetch me a drink. I want the coldest martini ever with two kinds of vermouth... please."
Title: 17 Mar 05 - two kinds of vermouth or perhaps a live goldgiraffe
Post by: Choop on March 19, 2005, 01:38:58 am
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Quote from: "Turbo Ninja"
 CAN YOU SEE THAT CHRIS ONSTAD VALUES QUALITY INGREDIENTS SUCH AS SRIRACHA AND SOFT COD ROES.


Soft Roe (http://www.bartleby.com/61/87/S0538700.html)

Like I'd eat that.


You'd eat the eggs (caviar), right?

If so, that means the only reason you wouldn't eat soft roe is because you are homophobic towards a giraffe.

That's sad, man.


Never seen a jar of rooster semen on the shelf at the store.

Just sayin'.
Title: 17 Mar 05 - two kinds of vermouth or perhaps a live goldgiraffe
Post by: AlohaDawg on March 20, 2005, 08:15:24 am
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Quote from: "Turbo Ninja"
 CAN YOU SEE THAT CHRIS ONSTAD VALUES QUALITY INGREDIENTS SUCH AS SRIRACHA AND SOFT COD ROES.


Soft Roe (http://www.bartleby.com/61/87/S0538700.html)

Like I'd eat that.


You'd eat the eggs (caviar), right?
Would I?

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
If so, that means the only reason you wouldn't eat soft roe is because you are homophobic towards a giraffe.

That's sad, man.


I'm not homophobic toward YOU but I can guarantee you I won't be eating your balls or your genetic material. Nothing sad about it.

Choop said it best. Ain't no bottled rooster jizz at the Safeway by my house.
Title: 17 Mar 05 - two kinds of vermouth or perhaps a live goldgiraffe
Post by: slink on March 20, 2005, 09:39:42 am
Caviar... Fine. Just like eating chicken eggs. Soft roe... Can't say I'm tempted either, frankly. Just another thing in the list of ingredients they use in Iron Chef that I feel I would shun.
Title: 17 Mar 05 - two kinds of vermouth or perhaps a live goldgiraffe
Post by: miles on March 20, 2005, 07:16:47 pm
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
I'm not homophobic toward YOU but I can guarantee you I won't be eating your balls or your genetic material. Nothing sad about it.


Don't know about you, but I wouldn't eat Bobby's balls primarily because I'm not a cannibal.  I wouldn't eat human ovaries, either.
Title: 17 Mar 05 - two kinds of vermouth or perhaps a live goldgiraffe
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on March 21, 2005, 02:56:01 am
Quote from: "slink"
Caviar... Fine. Just like eating chicken eggs. Soft roe... Can't say I'm tempted either, frankly. Just another thing in the list of ingredients they use in Iron Chef that I feel I would shun.


Okay, but what makes girl reproductive cells worse than guy reproductive cells?

Just looking for consistency here.
Title: 17 Mar 05 - two kinds of vermouth or perhaps a live goldgiraffe
Post by: AugustWest on March 21, 2005, 03:27:50 am
What about mountain oysters?
Title: 17 Mar 05 - two kinds of vermouth or perhaps a live goldgiraffe
Post by: Turbo Ninja on March 21, 2005, 03:55:11 am
I thought Mr. T ate Bobby's balls.  It was all over the Internet a few years ago.
Title: 17 Mar 05 - two kinds of vermouth or perhaps a live goldgiraffe
Post by: Choop on March 21, 2005, 05:00:23 am
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "slink"
Caviar... Fine. Just like eating chicken eggs. Soft roe... Can't say I'm tempted either, frankly. Just another thing in the list of ingredients they use in Iron Chef that I feel I would shun.


Okay, but what makes girl reproductive cells worse than guy reproductive cells?

Just looking for consistency here.


Girly reproductive cells ("ova" in the lingo) can be fertilized. Boy-ly reproductive cells ("spermatazoa" ditto) both are more difficult to pronounce and are fertilizer. I don't know about you, but I ain't eatin' fertilizer.
Title: 17 Mar 05 - two kinds of vermouth or perhaps a live goldgiraffe
Post by: Choop on March 21, 2005, 05:01:44 am
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Choop said it best.

If I had a nickel...
Title: 17 Mar 05 - two kinds of vermouth or perhaps a live goldgiraffe
Post by: slink on March 21, 2005, 08:01:31 am
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"

Okay, but what makes girl reproductive cells worse than guy reproductive cells?

Just looking for consistency here.


Maybe nothing. Maybe the fact I've eaten eggs since I was a little kid. I frankly, am a little put off by the thought of eating anything's testes, regardless of whether it's normal in some countries.
When it comes to putting things in my body, screw consistency, half of it's going to be psychological.
Title: 17 Mar 05 - two kinds of vermouth or perhaps a live goldgiraffe
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on March 21, 2005, 01:11:48 pm
Quote from: "Turbo Ninja"
I thought Mr. T ate Bobby's balls.  It was all over the Internet a few years ago.


There was a "Bobby Isosceles Ate My Balls" page a while back. But that's old news. The new Big Thing is the Terri Schiavo Sex Video that's floating around the internet.
Title: 17 Mar 05 - two kinds of vermouth or perhaps a live goldgiraffe
Post by: Beatrice on March 21, 2005, 06:12:24 pm
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "Turbo Ninja"
I thought Mr. T ate Bobby's balls.  It was all over the Internet a few years ago.


There was a "Bobby Isosceles Ate My Balls" page a while back. But that's old news. The new Big Thing is the Terri Schiavo Sex Video that's floating around the internet.


is nothing sacred?

no?

glad to hear it!