The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: CortJstr on August 18, 2003, 04:49:46 pm

Title: TiVo
Post by: CortJstr on August 18, 2003, 04:49:46 pm
Stupid mac.com. I tried e-mailing Lileks to tell him that TiVo doesn't need a phone line anymore (unless he still has a Series 1) and you can just use your home network, even if it's wireless but his lame mac.com e-mail address is over its quota.

LAME!
Title: Oh boy we started a computer thread
Post by: pmcd9 on August 19, 2003, 03:01:59 am
Don't let him hear you say anything mac related is lame.  He waxes poetic about how great mac is which, having never used one I couldn't actually dispute, but sounds a bit over the top.  However, he rags on the PC something fierce and knowing a thing or two about that I have to say the man may be on to something.  PC's do suck, but are Mac's really that good?

~Paul
Title: TiVo
Post by: jay-ell on August 19, 2003, 03:47:28 am
Having used both, I'd have to say that if we didn't live in a PC-dominated world, I'd be on a mac.  However, being a gamer, I just can't wait 8 months to a year for games to be ported to OSX before I play them, if they get there at all.  

However, Lileks has missed a few improvements to the PC world.  For instance, the music software he talked about today has a PC counterpart: Sonic Foundry's Acid.  It's keen.  And it's been out for several years.