The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => Sports & Leisure => Topic started by: Nabubrush on March 22, 2005, 02:44:03 am
-
Droogle. (http://www.droogle.ca/)
I only have Jägermeister and a jar of mayo. (http://www.droogle.ca/drinks/4834/)
-
I have a bottle of vodka and a bag of ice and I'm preparing to mix the two.
-
Yes . . . well . . .
Party-pooper.
-
I have a flask of whiskey and any fluids I can get from my own body.
-
Actually, I didn't even RTFA before I posted. I was able to surmise it was about drinkin', thus my post.
I guess I'm something of a purist. I drink my coffee black and my liquor straight (or on the rocks.) Big thing around here is Bourbon and Coke, especially Makers and Coke. I like bourbon. I like good bourbon. I like Makers, although it isn't my favorite, it's still very damn good. Pouring fuck*ng Coca-Cola (or anything other than a little bit of water) in good whiskey is downright blasphemy! Don't you like the taste of the liquor? Why are you trying to hide it? It's GOOD WHISKEY! Mr. Samuels put a great deal of effort (and highly skilled marketing) into that whiskey, so you should drink it so you can taste it without hiding it behind the teat milk of those corporate whores from Atlanta! Have some Dig.Nit.Y.
Ok, I'm better.
Actually, I do have another mixer. And it has the potential to make things strange. I've had the cold from hell all weekend. I suppose it's my just desserts because I've felt secretly smug all winter because I escaped the epizootics. Fear not cosmic justice fans -- I got mine. BAM! I spent the weekend moaning on the couch. Thankfully, for a college basketball fan there couldn't be a better weekend to spend on the couch. March Madness is small to moderate consideration for 72 hours of hacking and wheezing however.
So, I've had the cold from hell. Woke up this morning and it's moved from my chest to my head, which is the usually scheme of things in my corpus delecti. Been semi-drugged all day, but not with the really good stuff cause it knocks me right out. Clears the nose up but puts me right to sleep. I guess it clears my nose up -- it could just know me unconscious such that I don't give a damn about my nose.
Anyway, I'm refreshing my vodka and washing down a couple of Benadryl. I don't have a clever name for this cocktail (yet...) I trust my fellow Achers are up to the task of naming this decoction.
-
I also like my liqour more or less straight. Although I do like Bloody Marys.
Beer is King though. I love beer.
-
Damn it the site doesn't help me with the 4 year old bottle of Uzo that was left at a house after a party. No one will drink it. It is gross.
-
Damn it the site doesn't help me with the 4 year old bottle of Uzo that was left at a house after a party. No one will drink it. It is gross.
Try spelling it "Ouzo".
-
I only mix bourbon with ice. I'll mix vodka with various things, though. And of course, being at work, I need to find cocktails that don't actually include real liquor. Like shooters made from Listerine and Nyquil - mmmmmm!
-
Damn it the site doesn't help me with the 4 year old bottle of Uzo that was left at a house after a party. No one will drink it. It is gross.
Try spelling it "Ouzo".
Woops! All were way too disgusting to even consider, but then I consider ouzo too disgusting to consider. Does anyone actually like ouzo?
-
Does anyone actually like ouzo?
No, but it does turn cloudy if you put anything in it. So it's the thing to drink if you're worried someone's gonna slip you a mickey.
-
The band-geek drink-of-choice when I was in college was the b&c but I found them gross. Rum & Coke I can kind of see. Sort of. Vaguely. But b&c? Nasty.
-
The only cocktain I've ever invented came after someone at the restaurant I worked at asked for a "Sex on the Beach," which meant that we actually had to go look up how to make a Sex on the Beach on the internet. We decided that actual sex on a beach is probably pretty uncomfortable, so we decided to make a drink about a sexual encounter just as awkward and painful.
Sex In The Back Of My Mom's Car
Drink a fourth of a bottle of Mountain Dew. Leave it capless for a week, until it's totally flat. Fill it up with really bad vodka. Drink. Cry.
-
The only cocktain I've ever invented came after someone at the restaurant I worked at asked for a "Sex on the Beach," which meant that we actually had to go look up how to make a Sex on the Beach on the internet. We decided that actual sex on a beach is probably pretty uncomfortable, so we decided to make a drink about a sexual encounter just as awkward and painful.
Sex In The Back Of My Mom's Car
Drink a fourth of a bottle of Mountain Dew. Leave it capless for a week, until it's totally flat. Fill it up with really bad vodka. Drink. Cry.
This reminds me of kinds in school who used to dump a handful of Skittles into their Mountain Dew to make a "SKittles Shooter"
-
"SKittles Shooter"
Aaaaaaaaah, Skittlebrau!
-
Sex In The Back Of My Mom's Car
Drink a fourth of a bottle of Mountain Dew. Leave it capless for a week, until it's totally flat. Fill it up with really bad vodka. Drink. Cry.
You know, you post things like this not realizing what happens when I read it and look at your avatar.
-
In college I used to go to parties with six-pack of cheap shit beer (like Iron City Lite) and a plastic bottle of even cheaper bourbon (thank you Liquor Barn), drink a beer half down and refill w/ the booze, drink that down and then start a new can, same process. we named it Mt. Vesuvius for the after effects.
Bozack & Cort made me do this.
I quit horrible acts like this long ago.
oh gawd, pizza night
Oh! The Humanity!
-
In college I used to go to parties with six-pack of cheap shit beer (like Iron City Lite) and a plastic bottle of even cheaper bourbon (thank you Liquor Barn), drink a beer half down and refill w/ the booze, drink that down and then start a new can, same process. we named it Mt. Vesuvius for the after effects.
When we first moved to VA my mom used to bring cases of IC Light back with her every time she visited PA. It is the most ashamed of her I've ever been. She's since graduated to Coors and Old Dominion.
-
re: IRON CITY BEER
(http://mywebpage.netscape.com/zartan00001/thing_iron_city.jpg)
If it's good enough for Ben Grimm, dammit, it's good enough for you.
-
Anyway, I'm refreshing my vodka and washing down a couple of Benadryl. I don't have a clever name for this cocktail (yet...) I trust my fellow Achers are up to the task of naming this decoction.
"A stuffed otter"
"A cat in a thong"
"a drunk tiger"
"the suicidal cat"
"a squirrel named blister"