The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: pmcd9 on March 22, 2005, 04:16:09 am

Title: Where the Hell is V?
Post by: pmcd9 on March 22, 2005, 04:16:09 am
Did she mention to anyone that she wouldn't be posting for several days?  She didn't just have a baby did she?  The board seems odd the past few days.

~Paul
Title: Where the Hell is V?
Post by: Ben-San on March 22, 2005, 04:29:58 am
V-Adore's home cable connection (as opposed to her connection from college) does not allow her to connect to plagiarist.com, it seems. She is alive and well, and has not had a baby as far as can be determined.
Title: Where the Hell is V?
Post by: jough on March 22, 2005, 05:33:06 am
For some reason some ISPs have Plagiarist.com listed as a porno site.

I never had this problem before these boards started.  I'm just saying.
Title: Where the Hell is V?
Post by: slink on March 22, 2005, 07:51:36 am
My ISP reckoned that they weren't blocking it at all. They managed to traceroute it fine from where they were, just not here. But then again... I am still having to proxy it to get here.
Title: Where the Hell is V?
Post by: jough on March 22, 2005, 08:55:34 am
Someone between my box and your ISP must have been dropping the ball, then.
Title: Where the Hell is V?
Post by: CortJstr on March 22, 2005, 01:41:27 pm
Quote from: "jough"
For some reason some ISPs have Plagiarist.com listed as a porno site.
But porno is awesome. If anything ISP should start blocking sites that don't have nekkid pictures. Some companies' priorities are all fucked up.
Title: Where the Hell is V?
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on March 22, 2005, 02:21:22 pm
I can't access the board from home either.  Work is fine, though.
Title: Where the Hell is V?
Post by: side_show on March 22, 2005, 03:01:59 pm
Did I cause this? (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?t=1741&highlight=)
Title: Where the Hell is V?
Post by: sjlimmer on March 22, 2005, 03:18:37 pm
Is anyone else hearing Where the hell is Bill? by Camper Van Beethoven while reading this thread?
Title: Where the Hell is V?
Post by: CortJstr on March 22, 2005, 05:42:50 pm
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
I can't access the board from home either.  Work is fine, though.

What the cock? Aren't you on Arlington/Alexandria Comcast?
Title: Where the Hell is V?
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on March 22, 2005, 05:44:03 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
I can't access the board from home either.  Work is fine, though.

What the cock? Aren't you on Arlington/Alexandria Comcast?


Cock, precisely.  Or rather, Cox.  Fairfax.
Title: Where the Hell is V?
Post by: jough on March 22, 2005, 06:39:55 pm
Yeah, I may be putting in for a new IP address for my server.  This is ridiculous.
Title: Where the Hell is V?
Post by: Bozack on March 22, 2005, 07:01:23 pm
Quote from: "sjlimmer"
Is anyone else hearing Where the hell is Bill? by Camper Van Beethoven while reading this thread?


Yes, definitely.
Title: Where the Hell is V?
Post by: Bozack on March 24, 2005, 01:02:42 am
Quote from: "Bozack"
Quote from: "sjlimmer"
Is anyone else hearing Where the hell is Bill? by Camper Van Beethoven while reading this thread?


Yes, definitely.


And on that note:

Where, where the Hell is V?
Where, where the Hell is Slink?
Where, where the Hell is Paul?
Where, where the Hell is JL?

Well, maybe their servers think this is porno
Maybe they went home for a week
Maybe they all just had babies
Maybe they moved to Elbonia

Well, maybe they got Bottle Rocket off Netflix
Maybe they just got new jobs
Maybe they're cooking Tomorrow's Chicken
Maybe they're reading Douglas Adams

Well, maybe they went to get mohawks
And maybe they went to make fun of my c*ck
Maybe they went to buy Titty Buck tickets
Maybe they went to see the Mountain Goats
Title: Where the Hell is V?
Post by: pmcd9 on March 24, 2005, 01:23:32 am
Quote from: "Bozack"
Maybe they went to see the Mountain Goats


Tomorrow night, hell yeah!

Andalucia is missing too.  Bobby ain't been here in several days either, but I wouldn't say i'm missing him.

~Paul
Title: Where the Hell is V?
Post by: V-Adore on April 03, 2005, 07:20:17 pm
I LIVE

Ben reported the situation pretty much as it happened; my parents have Cox cable, so while I was at their house over break I was totally unable to connect to Plagiarist. I have now returned, and life is all right again. I trust nothing hugely terrible has happened in my absence?
Title: Where the Hell is V?
Post by: Bozack on April 03, 2005, 10:48:06 pm
I would state that it is telling that the cable company that doesn't allow this board is called Cox; I would then guess that the name comes from the fact that they suck teh cox.
Title: Where the Hell is V?
Post by: AlohaDawg on April 03, 2005, 11:24:52 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I LIVE

Ben reported the situation pretty much as it happened; my parents have Cox cable, so while I was at their house over break I was totally unable to connect to Plagiarist. I have now returned, and life is all right again. I trust nothing hugely terrible has happened in my absence?


And what if it did?
Title: Where the Hell is V?
Post by: V-Adore on April 04, 2005, 12:38:22 am
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I LIVE

Ben reported the situation pretty much as it happened; my parents have Cox cable, so while I was at their house over break I was totally unable to connect to Plagiarist. I have now returned, and life is all right again. I trust nothing hugely terrible has happened in my absence?


And what if it did?

That was more an "I'm curious" than an "I'm gonna have to lay down the law, aren't I?"

Although, I mean... if people wanted, I guess I could lay down the law. Or a law. Or something.
Title: Where the Hell is V?
Post by: AlohaDawg on April 04, 2005, 06:24:05 am
I vote "Boo to that".
Title: Where the Hell is V?
Post by: pmcd9 on April 21, 2005, 11:32:00 pm
Andalucia hasn't posted since March 6 [I checked].  I think she's run off with the drummer in a heavy metal band.  Andalucia we miss you.  Write to tell us you are all right.

~Paul
Title: Where the Hell is V?
Post by: jough on April 21, 2005, 11:56:07 pm
I see her on IM all the time, although I do not actually converse with her.  I'll have to ask her how she is the next time I see her online.
Title: Where the Hell is V?
Post by: Bozack on April 22, 2005, 05:57:02 am
I wrote her a while ago.....on Facebook. She's just dealing with some stuff and said she'll be back ASAP. I think she complimented your tomatos, Paul.
Title: Where the Hell is V?
Post by: andalucia on May 14, 2005, 10:01:19 pm
(I guess this is where this would go, I don't feel the need to start a whole andathread about myself...)



Hello my darlings,
I am back from my sojourn in real life.  Had one of those times when personal life, health, and financial situation all imploded in a spray of brightly-coloured sparks.  I guess that would be more like an explosion than an implosion, but you get the idea.  And my computer broke.

All is more or less restored to its original condition here with no permanent damage done on any fronts, so I am back to talk about made-up talking animals with all of you.
Title: Where the Hell is V?
Post by: V-Adore on May 15, 2005, 01:11:04 am
Hooray!

(Will not even mention Facebook, will not even mention...)
Title: Where the Hell is V?
Post by: andalucia on May 15, 2005, 01:44:11 am
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Hooray!

(Will not even mention Facebook, will not even mention...)


I know, I know, I'm embarassed enough.  At least at some point I got a bit of shame and deleted my painfully extensive/pretentious Favourites list from my profile.
Title: Where the Hell is V?
Post by: V-Adore on May 15, 2005, 04:49:03 am
Quote from: "andalucia"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Hooray!

(Will not even mention Facebook, will not even mention...)


I know, I know, I'm embarassed enough.  At least at some point I got a bit of shame and deleted my painfully extensive/pretentious Favourites list from my profile.

I share your secret shame. Er, not that secretly, but hey.

I don't even know what Facebook is for. And I have one anyway. It's very strange.
Title: Where the Hell is V?
Post by: wombat on May 15, 2005, 03:35:16 pm
Old fart alert:

I don't even know what Facebook is.
Title: Where the Hell is V?
Post by: AugustWest on May 15, 2005, 03:45:32 pm
Quote from: "wombat"
Old fart alert:

I don't even know what Facebook is.


Me either.
Title: Where the Hell is V?
Post by: V-Adore on May 15, 2005, 04:13:55 pm
Quote from: "wombat"
Old fart alert:

I don't even know what Facebook is.

Assuming Andalucia and I are talking about the same service, Facebook is Thefacebook.com, a web site which... well, hosts profiles of college students from a dizzying number of schools. Users can edit their profiles, make usergroups, and list their friends. It's very pretty but fails to actually do anything, honestly -- I mean, what is the possible utility? The ability to find someone from your old high school and say "hi, I still exist?"
Title: Where the Hell is V?
Post by: AugustWest on May 15, 2005, 04:29:43 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Quote from: "wombat"
Old fart alert:

I don't even know what Facebook is.

Assuming Andalucia and I are talking about the same service, Facebook is Thefacebook.com, a web site which... well, hosts profiles of college students from a dizzying number of schools. Users can edit their profiles, make usergroups, and list their friends. It's very pretty but fails to actually do anything, honestly -- I mean, what is the possible utility? The ability to find someone from your old high school and say "hi, I still exist?"

How about links to your profiles?
Title: Where the Hell is V?
Post by: V-Adore on May 15, 2005, 05:09:42 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Quote from: "wombat"
Old fart alert:

I don't even know what Facebook is.

Assuming Andalucia and I are talking about the same service, Facebook is Thefacebook.com, a web site which... well, hosts profiles of college students from a dizzying number of schools. Users can edit their profiles, make usergroups, and list their friends. It's very pretty but fails to actually do anything, honestly -- I mean, what is the possible utility? The ability to find someone from your old high school and say "hi, I still exist?"

How about links to your profiles?

Oh, if you insist. (http://williams.thefacebook.com/profile.php?id=3902491) (Warning: horrible picture and also reveals that I am a giant dorkwad.)
Title: Where the Hell is V?
Post by: CortJstr on May 15, 2005, 07:37:45 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Oh, if you insist. (http://williams.thefacebook.com/profile.php?id=3902491) (Warning: horrible picture and also reveals that I am a giant dorkwad.)

FYI, that link requires a log-in.

And we're all dorkwads here.
Title: Where the Hell is V?
Post by: V-Adore on May 15, 2005, 08:26:22 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Oh, if you insist. (http://williams.thefacebook.com/profile.php?id=3902491) (Warning: horrible picture and also reveals that I am a giant dorkwad.)

FYI, that link requires a log-in.

And we're all dorkwads here.

Yeah, I expected as much. Ah, well. Imagine it was really dorky.
Title: Where the Hell is V?
Post by: andalucia on May 15, 2005, 09:29:20 pm
Also it's just the generic "my profile" link, so when I clicked on it it just took me to mine.  It's OK, most profiles on there seem pretty interchangable.
Title: Where the Hell is V?
Post by: V-Adore on May 15, 2005, 09:31:16 pm
Okay! I fail at technology! I had assumed that the number meant some sort of ID thingummy, but in fact I'm a moron. Sadness.
Title: Where the Hell is V?
Post by: AlohaDawg on May 16, 2005, 06:57:37 am
Can we all agree that we know where V is now and move on?

Thanks.
Title: Where the Hell is V?
Post by: V-Adore on May 16, 2005, 03:40:35 pm
I suspect my location is obvious now. THUS.