The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Choop on March 22, 2005, 08:09:56 pm

Title: Meow, people. Meow. Shit be good on this fine day (22mar05)
Post by: Choop on March 22, 2005, 08:09:56 pm
I'm worried. Is this going to turn into a strip that is constantly about a baby?

Triumphant return!
Title: Meow, people. Meow. Shit be good on this fine day (22mar05)
Post by: Formica on March 22, 2005, 08:13:38 pm
I was going to say that the alt text was the best title candidate, but fortunately it's already in the body, which is good enough. It's good to know you feel me on this one.

Onstad with dialogue. Interesting.
Title: Meow, people. Meow. Shit be good on this fine day (22mar05)
Post by: palm trees on March 22, 2005, 08:15:23 pm
i'm glad that onstad has developed the understanding that ray doesn't like being picked up. i feel this is a significant stage in their relationship.

also, hella funny strip.
Title: Meow, people. Meow. Shit be good on this fine day (22mar05)
Post by: robot_roll_call on March 22, 2005, 08:21:50 pm
Funny comic, but Onstad having a speaking part is just kind of weird.
Title: Meow, people. Meow. Shit be good on this fine day (22mar05)
Post by: AugustWest on March 22, 2005, 08:39:03 pm
Tryin' to smooth a broad with a bag of raisins in her purse.  Priceless.
Title: Meow, people. Meow. Shit be good on this fine day (22mar05)
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on March 22, 2005, 08:41:36 pm
THIS IS THE GREATEST ACHEWOOD STRIP EVER. EVEN BETTER THAN SHITS IN THE BED.
Title: Meow, people. Meow. Shit be good on this fine day (22mar05)
Post by: CortJstr on March 22, 2005, 09:14:03 pm
Onstad's right shoulder/chest look off to me.

Anyway, it's cool how the cats are clearly drinking out of human-sized cans  with straws.

I never ate half a sheet of paper completely by accident, does this mean my IQ is lower than Ray's?
Title: Meow, people. Meow. Shit be good on this fine day (22mar05)
Post by: Skillator on March 22, 2005, 09:39:21 pm
I had to look up the eraserhead allusion.

For all you fine folks in the same boat:

"Mary gives birth to Henry's child, a frightening looking mutant, which leads to the injection of all sorts of sexual imagery into the depressive and chaotic mix."

Man... beef that is pretty cruel. But it adds a whole new joke to the mix.
Title: Meow, people. Meow. Shit be good on this fine day (22mar05)
Post by: Bozack on March 22, 2005, 10:32:52 pm
Yeah, I love that Beef's first thought is Eraserhead. And the "comparing a human to a cat..." thing is beautiful.
Title: Meow, people. Meow. Shit be good on this fine day (22mar05)
Post by: MSC on March 22, 2005, 10:37:33 pm
I dig Ray's protest:  "Don't ask me stuff, man!"
Title: Meow, people. Meow. Shit be good on this fine day (22mar05)
Post by: old kentucky shark on March 22, 2005, 10:38:19 pm
Come on why would the title not be "Did you see Eraserhead" for christssake

I enjoyed this comic. I would do it all again definitely.
Title: Meow, people. Meow. Shit be good on this fine day (22mar05)
Post by: Choop on March 23, 2005, 12:33:37 am
No more remarks about the title, people. It's obviously the perfect choice, because not only does it reference the comic, it announces a viewpoint of today, this particular day we all are experiencing, as being fine with good-quality shit. We've got the first post-birth-hiatus Achewood strip, and shit is good in this fine strip.

MAN I am totally not starting threads any more. Bastards.
Title: Meow, people. Meow. Shit be good on this fine day (22mar05)
Post by: AlohaDawg on March 23, 2005, 12:43:28 am
I thought it was just OK. But what I know?

Congrats to Onstad on the new kinder, though. That's the important thing.
Title: Meow, people. Meow. Shit be good on this fine day (22mar05)
Post by: jough on March 23, 2005, 01:14:27 am
Dude, I just wrote eight pages about my new COMPUTER - the man just created another human being (well, his part was probably pretty small, but still) and the strip was funny, so give the dude some slack.

I would send him a new baby gift, but then I'd have to send gifts to everyone here who has recently had a kid and then I'd be broke.
Title: Meow, people. Meow. Shit be good on this fine day (22mar05)
Post by: old kentucky shark on March 23, 2005, 04:27:47 am
Quote
No more --> more. Bastards.


I'm sorry I wasn't as angry as all that. It was jovially meant!

I just liked that line a substantial deal.

Have a good babies everyone
Title: Re: Meow, people. Meow. Shit be good on this fine day (22mar
Post by: pmcd9 on March 23, 2005, 04:43:49 am
Quote from: "Choopernickel"
I'm worried. Is this going to turn into a strip that is constantly about a baby?


I'm just happy it's a strip about something.  Cocktail Recipies is a cool guy and all, but he wasn't holding my interest.

~Paul
Title: Re: Meow, people. Meow. Shit be good on this fine day (22mar
Post by: EgoSumNoah on March 23, 2005, 06:48:05 am
Quote from: "pmcd9"
I'm just happy it's a strip about something.  Cocktail Recipies is a cool guy and all, but he wasn't holding my interest.


Cocktail Recipes was totally holding my interest.  Ummm, he should maybe not go away entirely...

Anyhow, it's sad that Onstad ignores Beef.  He of all people should know better.
Title: Meow, people. Meow. Shit be good on this fine day (22mar05)
Post by: cellardoor on March 23, 2005, 08:55:05 am
*laughs loudly and obnoxiously*
HAHA! Dead booger! That's brilliant!
Title: Meow, people. Meow. Shit be good on this fine day (22mar05)
Post by: marwood on March 23, 2005, 12:17:24 pm
i had to register so i could register my love for this strip. having seen eraserhead i was particularly pleased, as it always gives me a tickle to spot a film reference. joy!

and well done to big daddy onstad, indeed. congratulations!
Title: Meow, people. Meow. Shit be good on this fine day (22mar05)
Post by: revdj on March 23, 2005, 02:08:23 pm
My wife and I are expecting our first in August.  This strip was particularly funny to me.
Title: Meow, people. Meow. Shit be good on this fine day (22mar05)
Post by: AlohaDawg on March 23, 2005, 05:49:59 pm
Cool! This is one fertile webboard. Good Going Rev!
Title: Meow, people. Meow. Shit be good on this fine day (22mar05)
Post by: pmcd9 on March 23, 2005, 06:15:43 pm
This strip reminds me of one of Ray's prank calls only this time Ray is the one getting spanked.

~Paul
Title: Meow, people. Meow. Shit be good on this fine day (22mar05)
Post by: pmcd9 on March 23, 2005, 06:18:08 pm
Quote from: "revdj"
My wife and I are expecting our first in August.  This strip was particularly funny to me.


Your wife expecting a child in August is better than expecting a child by August.

~Paul
Title: Meow, people. Meow. Shit be good on this fine day (22mar05)
Post by: AugustWest on March 23, 2005, 06:43:35 pm
Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "revdj"
My wife and I are expecting our first in August.  This strip was particularly funny to me.


Your wife expecting a child in August is better than expecting a child by August.

~Paul


Says you!
Title: Meow, people. Meow. Shit be good on this fine day (22mar05)
Post by: side_show on March 23, 2005, 07:01:15 pm
Quote from: "Skillator"
I had to look up the eraserhead allusion.
Quote


For the love of god, see this movie.

See it!




Why aren't you watching it right now?





See it


                                                 See it.

See it.
Title: Meow, people. Meow. Shit be good on this fine day (22mar05)
Post by: CortJstr on March 23, 2005, 08:09:31 pm
Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "revdj"
My wife and I are expecting our first in August.  This strip was particularly funny to me.

Your wife expecting a child in August is better than expecting a child by August.

Unless by in August he means that she's slit AW up the middle and his sitting in his gullet as if he were a tauntaun. In that case then by August would be much less disgusting.
Title: Meow, people. Meow. Shit be good on this fine day (22mar05)
Post by: jough on March 23, 2005, 10:41:13 pm
Pfft.  Like we don't already have too many people.  I hope you at least clear some space to make way for your little one.  ;)

P.S. Congratulations.
Title: Meow, people. Meow. Shit be good on this fine day (22mar05)
Post by: Bozack on March 24, 2005, 12:58:10 am
Quote from: "CortJstr"

Unless by in August he means that she's slit AW up the middle and his sitting in his gullet as if he were a tauntaun. In that case then by August would be much less disgusting.


Achewood homonculi?
Title: Meow, people. Meow. Shit be good on this fine day (22mar05)
Post by: AugustWest on March 24, 2005, 02:14:27 am
I must say that I enjoyed this thread more when it didn't revolve around slitting me open.
Title: Meow, people. Meow. Shit be good on this fine day (22mar05)
Post by: Va on March 25, 2005, 10:37:51 pm
I hope Onstad's baby doesn't really look like a booger.  :(