The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: antioch on March 24, 2005, 08:29:19 am

Title: 3/24/05: Pistachios!
Post by: antioch on March 24, 2005, 08:29:19 am
More than a little weird. Phillipe's mom seems to have taken the jingle pretty seriously. She has a serious connection with her son.
Title: 3/24/05: Pistachios!
Post by: miles on March 24, 2005, 08:53:20 am
Yes, strange.  Philippe's mom is weird.  But how priceless is the 8th panel:  "See warranty for details.  Not intended for children over nine."  He knows the whole commercial by heart!  And the third and second to last panels:  first he tries to either 1) squeeze them out or 2) pull the cheeks apart to take them out--can't decide which is depicted.  And then, look at the little guy dig!  He is really intent on getting the treat.  Tongue all sticking out,  and check the eyebrows!
Title: 3/24/05: Pistachios!
Post by: cellardoor on March 24, 2005, 09:29:47 am
I feel sick.
Thats....that's all I can...oh god!
That's horrendous.
Why am I laughing!!!
Argh!
Title: 3/24/05: Pistachios!
Post by: Bozack on March 24, 2005, 09:57:47 am
God. There are tears in my eyes.
Also, why is it not intended for children OVER nine?
Title: 3/24/05: Pistachios!
Post by: southworth813 on March 24, 2005, 12:41:44 pm
Because anybody over nine is too mature to appreciate a prosthetic butt.

Except us, of course.
Title: 3/24/05: Pistachios!
Post by: ndpatel on March 24, 2005, 01:00:05 pm
this cartoon is what people with new babies who haven't slept in several days would make.

you know it's true.
Title: 3/24/05: Pistachios!
Post by: CortJstr on March 24, 2005, 01:55:11 pm
I was waiting for him to drop down onto his butt and spring right back up into the air with a nice "boing" effect.

I also hope those pistachios weren't the kind that are dyed red because that would be even creepier.
Title: 3/24/05: Pistachios!
Post by: revdj on March 24, 2005, 02:41:35 pm
I remember what it was like to be jumping-up-and-down happy!
Title: 3/24/05: Pistachios!
Post by: pmcd9 on March 24, 2005, 02:50:59 pm
Quote from: "miles"
And the third to last panels:  first he tries to either 1) squeeze them out or 2) pull the cheeks apart to take them out--can't decide which is depicted.

I think he's searching for [and discovering] the pistachios in the only possible hiding spot.

~Paul
Title: 3/24/05: Pistachios!
Post by: Emergent_C on March 24, 2005, 02:53:59 pm
I'm seriously unnerved by how this strip is simultaneously one of the cutest and one of the most disturbing things I've ever seen.

That just ain't right.
Title: 3/24/05: Pistachios!
Post by: Beatrice on March 24, 2005, 04:04:03 pm
HUH?!

Onstad get some sleep, man.  For the love of Philippe!

This didn't do much for me, but I think it serves as an example of O's idea of good parenting. He, too, will be bestowing prostheticsO'love onto his own little otter some day.




I didn't laugh at achewood... I think I might be sick.
Title: 3/24/05: Pistachios!
Post by: Max on March 24, 2005, 04:43:20 pm
i thought the 'Yes!' was the best part, but no way to format that into an acceptable title, so oh well.

i guess i just don't get the prosthetic butt thing.
Title: 3/24/05: Pistachios!
Post by: cellardoor on March 24, 2005, 04:46:25 pm
But his paw is RIGHT INSIDE IT!
Argh!
Title: 3/24/05: Pistachios!
Post by: robot_roll_call on March 24, 2005, 05:07:17 pm
Only Onstad has the skill to make pawing around a butt cute.

Also, what happened to Pat?

Another thought: What happens when you wear the butt with Timmy (or was it Tommy) Tummy?
Title: 3/24/05: Pistachios!
Post by: jough on March 24, 2005, 05:37:20 pm
I guess I don't understand the appeal of the "Walk-Around Butt" but whatever.  In my mind I will assume it is made of plastic and not of actual butt tissue, which would make it stinkier and far less cute.

I did like how Philippe knew even the mumbled small print of the commercial.  And I guess real children's toys are just as stupid as this.  Perhaps the Onstads were recipients of some equally ridiculous toys and they inspired this comic.

However, seeing how happy it made little Philippe makes me think that Onstad will be a good dad.
Title: 3/24/05: Pistachios!
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on March 24, 2005, 05:42:56 pm
In my day we didn't have any of these new-fangled plastic technologies. We had to fumble around REAL butts for REAL pistachios and M&M's. Uphill. Both ways!
Title: 3/24/05: Pistachios!
Post by: Golfhaus on March 24, 2005, 06:02:05 pm
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
We had to fumble around REAL butts for REAL pistachios and M&M's.


Good LORD man, that was NOT chocolate!

M&M's DO NOT COME IN A "CORN" VERSION.
Title: 3/24/05: Pistachios!
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on March 24, 2005, 06:07:06 pm
Quote from: "Golfhaus"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
We had to fumble around REAL butts for REAL pistachios and M&M's.


Good LORD man, that was NOT chocolate!

M&M's DO NOT COME IN A "CORN" VERSION.


They told me it was candy corn.
Title: 3/24/05: Pistachios!
Post by: AlohaDawg on March 24, 2005, 09:57:59 pm
I think Lyle should give Phililipe some chaps to wear around his walk around butt. Mr Bear will have a stroke.
Title: 3/24/05: Pistachios!
Post by: Mantonio on March 24, 2005, 10:53:35 pm
Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
Also, what happened to Pat?

Hmm, I'm not too concerned. The longer that particular story arc remains unresolved, the more bad stuff there is to happen to Pat.
Title: 3/24/05: Pistachios!
Post by: MattFish on March 25, 2005, 08:00:53 am
why is it called Walk-Around butt? as if the thing you'd do once you had a large, naked butt would be walk around and show it off. Is that the message we should be sending our under-9-year-olds?
Title: 3/24/05: Pistachios!
Post by: CortJstr on March 25, 2005, 01:39:54 pm
Quote from: "Mattgiraffe"
why is it called Walk-Around butt? as if the thing you'd do once you had a large, naked butt would be walk around and show it off. Is that the message we should be sending our under-9-year-olds?

To differentiate it from the poor-quality fake butts out there that fall off as soon as you take a step. The Walk Around Butt is designed to allow for the natural motions of the legs.
Title: 3/24/05: Pistachios!
Post by: Emergent_C on March 25, 2005, 02:26:09 pm
I am not making this up. It is true, and it is frightening. Last night, in my dreams, I visited a store which displayed a number of prosthetic butts upon their walls. The butts were made of that petroleum by-product most often found in the manufacture of dildos, and were a sparkly, jiggly blue.
Title: 3/24/05: Pistachios!
Post by: jough on March 25, 2005, 05:22:42 pm
They also sell the butts and dildos as a set.