The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: jough on August 01, 2003, 04:52:38 pm

Title: Shameless Whoring
Post by: jough on August 01, 2003, 04:52:38 pm
I have no idea how much bandwidth this bad-boy is going to eat up, or how much keeping the boards open will cost, but in an effort to keep the site ad-free I put a link to our "Tip Jar" below.

So if you can spare some scratch to aid in server costs, help a brother and sister out.

Thanks.

-- Jough
Title: Shameless Whoring
Post by: yahnai on August 01, 2003, 06:12:34 pm
Hey, guys, do you think this board will survive without a link from Onstad's site?  I mean...  I haven't tried a Google search for Achewood, but will this board site come up?
Title: Shameless Whoring
Post by: jay-ell on August 01, 2003, 06:20:35 pm
Probably not yet.  I'll see what I can do about getting it listed.  

To aid our cause, if you've got a link to Achewood on your site, won't you do us a favor and link to us as well?  Maybe someone can play around with making us an official link button.  I'm giving Jough the afternoon off.
Title: Shameless Whoring
Post by: jough on August 01, 2003, 09:00:10 pm
'Preciate it.  I still haven't been to bed yet.  I'm starting to feel like Nick Nolte on a bender.

We'll be in Google eventually.  Google *loves* plagiarist.com, so I'll post a link on the main site page and we'll get picked up soon enough.

But getting listed on Achewood.com of course would be the best thing.  That way Onstad can support his fans without having to have anything to do with them (us).

-- Jough
Title: Shameless Whoring
Post by: jay-ell on August 01, 2003, 09:02:44 pm
When I showed my spouse the web address, he said, "Plagiarist.com?  I've been there before!"  

It was neat.
Title: Shameless Whoring
Post by: richter on August 01, 2003, 09:43:50 pm
Will link.

Will tip.

Thanks for being such gracious hosts.
Title: Shameless Whoring
Post by: AugustWest on August 02, 2003, 03:04:11 am
I'll talk it up on the other boards where I post.  Like that'll do much good.
Title: Shameless Whoring
Post by: jough on August 02, 2003, 03:30:44 am
Thank you Jason Ramey! :)
Title: I'm baaaaack
Post by: Squee! on August 03, 2003, 06:14:45 am
As soon as I have moneys I will help out.  Thank you guy and gal for being oh so kind as to take the initiative to start this.  Oh, and hello!  I'm gone (as far as the internet is concerned) for a couple months and look what happens.  We're here now.  Anyways.  I guess this post is mainly to check if my avatar works.  (Edit: yay, it does!  obviously.)

It's good to be interacting with you all again!
Title: Shameless Whoring
Post by: CortJstr on August 03, 2003, 07:37:02 pm
I was wondering what happened to you. Weeeee was gone too. It was scary.
Title: Shameless Whoring
Post by: weeeeee on August 05, 2003, 10:12:22 am
OMG L,JASDLBSGDLJNDSLJB squee! also I still got no registration confirmation for my email address so now I have only 3 e's in my name until this mess can get worked out. also, when I have money I will donate it because this is a really cool thing to do.
Title: Shameless Whoring
Post by: jough on August 05, 2003, 08:56:49 pm
Thank you PinkStainlessTail! :)
Title: Shameless Whoring
Post by: jay-ell on August 05, 2003, 08:59:09 pm
Now, how about the rest of you?  

Yes, I'm looking at you!
Title: Shameless Whoring
Post by: PinkStainlessTail on August 05, 2003, 09:07:59 pm
Quote from: "jough"
Thank you PinkStainlessTail! :)


Hey, you fixed my username. And also you do the Lord's work, what with the nice message board.
Title: Shameless Whoring
Post by: slink on August 05, 2003, 09:18:37 pm
Quote from: "jldunston"
Now, how about the rest of you?  

Yes, I'm looking at you!


I promise, I will pay up when I have a way to do so. Living in the UK I have no way to get any money to paypal (my debit card they don't accept :( and they don't do direct banking transfers)
But I will be sorting a REAL card soon, so I will pay up, with interest when that day comes. Meanwhile - anything else I can do I will be happy to!
Title: Shameless Whoring
Post by: jough on August 06, 2003, 11:46:29 pm
Thank you pmcd9! :)
Title: Shameless Whoring
Post by: Nabubrush on August 07, 2003, 03:23:56 am
There's your filthy money - now I expect this board to be solid gold from here on out.
Title: Shameless Whoring
Post by: jough on August 07, 2003, 04:26:35 am
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
There's your filthy money - now I expect this board to be solid gold from here on out.


Thank you Nabubrush - you're going on the "soopa special friend" list.

And new rule - those who have donated may PM me to receive a special rank of their choosing (pending my approval).
Title: Shameless Whoring
Post by: jough on August 07, 2003, 04:27:34 am
Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "jldunston"
Now, how about the rest of you?  

Yes, I'm looking at you!


I promise, I will pay up when I have a way to do so. Living in the UK I have no way to get any money to paypal (my debit card they don't accept :( and they don't do direct banking transfers)
But I will be sorting a REAL card soon, so I will pay up, with interest when that day comes. Meanwhile - anything else I can do I will be happy to!


You can donate by cheque via our payment form too:

https://plagiarist.com/secure/payments/

;)
Title: Shameless Whoring
Post by: CortJstr on August 07, 2003, 01:57:24 pm
I think I'm going to be in the minority and vote for ads just so I feel less guilty.

If it was a year ago donating would be fine, but I suddenly developed some more expenses.
Title: Shameless Whoring
Post by: slink on August 07, 2003, 04:04:20 pm
Quote from: "jough"


You can donate by cheque via our payment form too:

https://plagiarist.com/secure/payments/

;)


Yep, and that's not compatible with UK banking. We have no ID num's and weird things :S
Aaaaaaarg!
I'm just gonna end up stealing some family members credit card soon!
Title: Shameless Whoring
Post by: jough on August 07, 2003, 04:36:55 pm
Okay, there's a poll in the Community forums.

I'll leave it up to you folks.
Title: Shameless Whoring
Post by: jough on August 07, 2003, 08:51:01 pm
Thank you Asherdan! :)
Title: Shameless Whoring
Post by: jough on August 08, 2003, 01:40:29 am
Thank you Graham Stewart! :D

And since I don't know how to match up real names with user names, please put your user name in the "More Info" field if you'd like me to thank your user handle, or give you a special rank title of your choosing.
Title: Shameless Whoring
Post by: jough on August 10, 2003, 12:54:26 am
Thank you sjlimmer! :D
Title: Shameless Whoring
Post by: jough on September 21, 2003, 12:56:45 am
EXTRA!  EXTRA!  READ ALL ABOUT IT!

Satchel and AugustWest are both EXTREMELY AWESOME.

Thank you, fellas, for supporting the board for everyone.  There is serious rocking going on in both of your home towns.