The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: toddster on March 30, 2005, 06:58:20 am

Title: 3/29/05 - Chocolate love, all.
Post by: toddster on March 30, 2005, 06:58:20 am
Teodor just became my hands-down favorite character, no questions asked.

I am also oddly pleased that the previous storyline seems to have been brushed aside with an enthusiastic-yet-offhanded "Pat? Ehh, fuck that guy."
Title: 3/29/05 - Chocolate love, all.
Post by: jough on March 30, 2005, 07:18:31 am
Yeah, I love how T's first impulse is to mock Ray.
Title: 3/29/05 - Chocolate love, all.
Post by: mrchee on March 30, 2005, 07:26:54 am
God bless you, Chris.  You have been gifted with the ability of witholding the funny of several days, and subsequently releasing it in one day.
Title: 3/29/05 - Chocolate love, all.
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on March 30, 2005, 02:04:47 pm
Nice blog tie-in.


I feel ambivalent about Chris working with a baby in a sling on his chest, though. Isn't that uncomfortable for the baby?
Title: 3/29/05 - Chocolate love, all.
Post by: CortJstr on March 30, 2005, 02:07:22 pm
What, Ray couldn't spring for the model that also colates and stuffs automatically? Cheap bastard.

Dropped gerunds are a huge problem today. If we could only find a way to collect all the cigarette butts and gerunds dropped on the ground we could use them to construct a bridge to England.
Title: 3/29/05 - Chocolate love, all.
Post by: Bozack on March 30, 2005, 02:15:32 pm
God, I love it when people call Ray out on being a RIDICULOUS CAT.
Title: 3/29/05 - Chocolate love, all.
Post by: Beatrice on March 30, 2005, 06:11:20 pm
Lyle + dropped Gerunds + that damn machine + drugs = an ORGASM of humor.

I had an office job last summer and I, too, pondered on preparing marijuana in such a tight and efficient fashion.  I also thought on shoving the annoying ladies' tidy faces into the collate-thingy.



The weather here is beautiful today but my eyelids are sweaty.  I hate that.  Is something wrong with my eyelid skin?

Lyle should never leave again.
Title: 3/29/05 - Chocolate love, all.
Post by: miles on March 30, 2005, 06:14:34 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
What, Ray couldn't spring for the model that also colates and stuffs automatically? Cheap bastard.


Shouldn't the little Panama boy be doing all that anyway?

Teodor is rad.

Edit:  Sweaty eyelids?  I guess I've never distinguished any sweat on my eyelids from the sweat that falls down from my forehead.
Title: 3/29/05 - Chocolate love, all.
Post by: Beatrice on March 30, 2005, 06:21:06 pm
no really sweaty, but i don't  know what else to call it.  um, they are weird and i just have to keep wiping the parts right above my eyes. i promise it is not a disease, just a strange thing.  maybe i will post pictures to demonstrate, though you can't really see anything.  the end.


happy wednesday!
Title: 3/29/05 - Chocolate love, all.
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on March 30, 2005, 06:22:17 pm
Quote from: "Beatrice"
no really sweaty, but i don't  know what else to call it.  um, they are weird and i just have to keep wiping the parts right above my eyes. i promise it is not a disease, just a strange thing.  maybe i will post pictures to demonstrate, though you can't really see anything.  the end.


happy wednesday!


Go down on Bozack and he'll literally have a sweaty bozack.
Title: 3/29/05 - Chocolate love, all.
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on March 30, 2005, 07:23:32 pm
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Go down on Bozack and he'll literally have a sweaty bozack.


What's funnier, this or today's strip?  I can't decide.
Title: 3/29/05 - Chocolate love, all.
Post by: Pedro Picasso on March 30, 2005, 08:01:46 pm
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
I feel ambivalent about Chris working with a baby in a sling on his chest, though. Isn't that uncomfortable for the baby?


It's uncomfortable for the papa.  I still haven't gotten the hang of those crazy slings.  I just stick the kid in my t-shirt.
Title: 3/29/05 - Chocolate love, all.
Post by: Bozack on March 30, 2005, 09:46:04 pm
Quote from: "Beatrice"
i promise it is not a disease, just a strange thing.



It is probably a disease.
Title: 3/29/05 - Chocolate love, all.
Post by: Skillator on March 30, 2005, 10:56:30 pm
Reading it again i think I want a 6'x6' poster of panel 12. Ray's expression is something special. Like sunlight falling on treasure in an old tomb. Or the first words of a small child. Or first light to the eyes of a convict imprisoned in solitary confinement.

I wish Téodor would make fun of me.
Title: 3/29/05 - Chocolate love, all.
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on March 30, 2005, 10:56:31 pm
Quote from: "Pedro Picasso"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
I feel ambivalent about Chris working with a baby in a sling on his chest, though. Isn't that uncomfortable for the baby?


It's uncomfortable for the papa.  I still haven't gotten the hang of those crazy slings.  I just stick the kid in my t-shirt.


And Michael Jackson sticks kids in the ...
Title: 3/29/05 - Chocolate love, all.
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on March 30, 2005, 10:58:01 pm
Quote from: "Bozack"
Quote from: "Beatrice"
i promise it is not a disease, just a strange thing.



It is probably a disease.


Huh? What did you say? Speak up, lad.

Quote from: "Bozack, soon to be in Trouble"
It is probably a disease.
Title: 3/29/05 - Chocolate love, all.
Post by: jough on March 30, 2005, 11:13:56 pm
Well, he would know.
Title: 3/29/05 - Chocolate love, all.
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on March 30, 2005, 11:17:05 pm
Quote from: "jough"
Well, he would know.


Beatrice and Bozack should go found a leper colony.
Title: 3/29/05 - Chocolate love, all.
Post by: AlohaDawg on March 31, 2005, 01:06:30 am
They only have two choices in the US - Louisiana and Molokai. And I don't think Molokai is taking new residents anymore.
Title: 3/29/05 - Chocolate love, all.
Post by: AugustWest on March 31, 2005, 01:34:41 am
Back in the day I had a little machine that would roll perfect J's (or cigarettes, if you were into the Drum thing.)  It cost about 8 bucks.
Title: 3/29/05 - Chocolate love, all.
Post by: Bozack on March 31, 2005, 01:35:39 am
I've got a lil' Zig-Zag cigarette roller, for like $2. I loves it.
Title: 3/29/05 - Chocolate love, all.
Post by: Max on March 31, 2005, 02:41:10 am
jesus, people, just get some decent papers and a business card for a filter and put a little time into it.

though i also did office work for a while and had to use one of those machines.  they're not as handy as they sound.

if they eyelid thing you're talking about is more like a stickiness, like the lid skin sticks to itself, then i know exactly what you mean.
Title: 3/29/05 - Chocolate love, all.
Post by: jough on March 31, 2005, 03:24:50 am
My drug comes in a bottle for easier consumption.

Scotch: when you just want to pour yourself silly.
Title: 3/29/05 - Chocolate love, all.
Post by: doomglobe on March 31, 2005, 08:35:41 am
yeh, rolling machines are good enough for tobacco, but weed has too many pointy bits to use them effectively.  one that worked on weed would be hard to engineer.
Title: 3/29/05 - Chocolate love, all.
Post by: Formica on March 31, 2005, 05:08:53 pm
Quote from: "doomglobe"
yeh, rolling machines are good enough for tobacco, but weed has too many pointy bits to use them effectively.  one that worked on weed would be hard to engineer.

That is what grinders are for.
Title: 3/29/05 - Chocolate love, all.
Post by: miles on March 31, 2005, 05:31:51 pm
Quote from: "Formica"
Quote from: "doomglobe"
yeh, rolling machines are good enough for tobacco, but weed has too many pointy bits to use them effectively.  one that worked on weed would be hard to engineer.

That is what grinders are for.


I never knew that people grinded it till a friend recently mentioned he did.  Then again, I've never been one to smoke joints, so I've never needed to grind it.
Title: 3/29/05 - Chocolate love, all.
Post by: Va on March 31, 2005, 06:52:38 pm
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
I feel ambivalent about Chris working with a baby in a sling on his chest, though. Isn't that uncomfortable for the baby?


Far from it.  My baby loves her sling.  Besides, if it were uncomfortable for the baby, you better believe Onstad would not be able to work.
Title: 3/29/05 - Chocolate love, all.
Post by: Va on March 31, 2005, 07:00:24 pm
Quote from: "Pedro Picasso"
It's uncomfortable for the papa.


Then you're doing it wrong.  It takes some practice to sling a baby well, but it is sooooo worth it. Just ask my husband (http://www.posdef.net/node/view/143)!
Title: 3/29/05 - Chocolate love, all.
Post by: Va on March 31, 2005, 07:02:18 pm
Quote from: "doomglobe"
yeh, rolling machines are good enough for tobacco, but weed has too many pointy bits to use them effectively.  one that worked on weed would be hard to engineer.


Sounds to me like you are just not cleaning your shake well enough.
Title: 3/29/05 - Chocolate love, all.
Post by: Bozack on March 31, 2005, 09:57:17 pm
I was gonna mention grinding, but then I was afraid that I was going to sound like fuck*ng "Car Talk For Stoners."

FRICK: Hmmm, caller, sounds to me like you're not grinding.
FRACK: Also, how well are you cleaning your shake?
CHEECH: Dave's not here, man!
Title: 3/29/05 - Chocolate love, all.
Post by: Mite on April 01, 2005, 12:10:51 am
Car Talk for Stoners is even funnier than todays comic.

Also, I have a coffee grinder. It has been used twice, and never for coffee. Thanks for the x-mas gift, dad!
Title: 3/29/05 - Chocolate love, all.
Post by: slink on April 01, 2005, 06:56:37 am
I was a poor stoner for too long - never did get round to buying a grinder. I probably ought to at some point, just to save on time.
Title: 3/29/05 - Chocolate love, all.
Post by: doomglobe on April 08, 2005, 07:48:24 pm
grinding is for dried out crappy weed. you can use a mortar and pestle to grind out moister nugs, but you lose alot of the potency, making this technique only usefull as a precurser to adding oil/eggs directly to the green stained mortar/pestle and allowing the lipid soluble thc to be absorbed by said mixture prior to baking brownies or some other form of confectionary delight. other than that, if you grind your moist nugs, you are ruining them.