The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: cellardoor on March 31, 2005, 12:49:41 pm

Title: 31-03-05 Mexican Yeyo boys
Post by: cellardoor on March 31, 2005, 12:49:41 pm
Teodor's "you pussy" made this for me.
As did Ray's reaction to the banner.
Gold stars go to the inevitable posts about how Lyle's outburst in the last panel was "out of character".
Title: 31-03-05 Mexican Yeyo boys
Post by: CortJstr on March 31, 2005, 02:14:37 pm
I think Ray is ashamed of his past. I'm pretty sure every time we see young Ray he has aviators on.
Title: 31-03-05 Mexican Yeyo boys
Post by: arlucasinc on March 31, 2005, 02:37:59 pm
That logo is effing incredible. But I agree with Ray - they are creating a new niche, and as such, they need to create a new identity to go with it.
Title: 31-03-05 Mexican Yeyo boys
Post by: AugustWest on March 31, 2005, 02:51:02 pm
Chemistry people hair!

One ten-millionth of the market!
Title: 31-03-05 Mexican Yeyo boys
Post by: arkabee on March 31, 2005, 03:41:07 pm
best comic strip ever since the last best comic strip ever!

lyle freaking out made it for me.

ooh baby.
Title: 31-03-05 Mexican Yeyo boys
Post by: Bozack on March 31, 2005, 04:07:36 pm
Compete in the established market, you pussy!
Title: 31-03-05 Mexican Yeyo boys
Post by: robot_roll_call on March 31, 2005, 04:15:41 pm
I think for once Ray is correct. And I think calling Ray a pussy was uncalled for. It takes a lot of balls to attempt to compete outside the established marketplace!
Title: 31-03-05 Mexican Yeyo boys
Post by: Max on March 31, 2005, 04:24:32 pm
i was really rooting for this to be 'chemistry people hair!'

awesome work onstad, hope you didn't bump the baby into the desk too many times creating it.
Title: 31-03-05 Mexican Yeyo boys
Post by: Mantonio on March 31, 2005, 04:44:06 pm
I just think it's funny Ray and Lyle are trying to found a company that sells weed. I guess the Achewood underground is some kind of utopia where jays are legal. Oh to be an alive stuffed animal.
Title: 31-03-05 Mexican Yeyo boys
Post by: jough on March 31, 2005, 07:00:13 pm
take off the "mexican" and you get THIS (http://www.aurelioflores.com/Albums/Bad%20Boys%202M100.jpg) though.
Title: 31-03-05 Mexican Yeyo boys
Post by: ndpatel on March 31, 2005, 07:08:23 pm
i first read it is "mexican yoyo boys." that produced a rather different mental image.
Title: 31-03-05 Mexican Yeyo boys
Post by: Gimpson on March 31, 2005, 10:56:15 pm
I didn't realize that the 80's station in Grand Theft Auto III was the soundtrack to Scarface until I watched the movie for the first time late last year.  I always wondered what the hell the chorus of "Rush Rush" was saying.  It still doesn't make any sense to me, but at least I know what she was saying (http://www.stlyrics.com/lyrics/scarface/rushrush.htm):

Quote from: "Deborah Harry"
Rush rush, got the yeyo?
Buzz buzz, gimme yeyo.
Rush rush, got the yeyo?
Uh oh.
Yo yo, no no yeyo.
Uh oh.


Edit:  Urban Dictionary to the rescue (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=yeyo&r=f)!
Title: 31-03-05 Mexican Yeyo boys
Post by: nDed on March 31, 2005, 11:10:55 pm
I like that Lyle seems somewhat upset that Téodor drew him fat.