The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: robot_roll_call on March 31, 2005, 10:12:55 pm

Title: Mitch Hedberg is dead
Post by: robot_roll_call on March 31, 2005, 10:12:55 pm
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1499352/20050331/hedberg_mitch.jhtml?headlines=true

Very sad. Mitch was one of the funniest comedians I ever saw. He was the opening act, but he still managed to be just as funny as Lewis Black and Dave Attel, which is no small feat. I hate it when good people die young.
Title: Mitch Hedberg is dead
Post by: Max on March 31, 2005, 10:15:32 pm
i posted literally the same thread in the history forum.  weird.
Title: Mitch Hedberg is dead
Post by: robot_roll_call on March 31, 2005, 10:17:47 pm
Yeah, but who the hell reads the history forum?
Title: Mitch Hedberg is dead
Post by: AlohaDawg on March 31, 2005, 10:23:46 pm
You mean besides the Mods? I locked the other one, but let the record show Max posted his about 30 minutes ahead of RRC. Also this is probably the right forum although it can't be said that Hedberg isn't history now.

Too bad about Hedberg, he was the shit.
Title: Mitch Hedberg is dead
Post by: CortJstr on March 31, 2005, 11:13:56 pm
The saddest part is that the morning drive show I had on was making fun of this today.

They were all, "Mitch didn't call in to our show today like he was supposed to. Maybe he died last night. Because otherwise he wouldn't blow us off."
Title: Mitch Hedberg is dead
Post by: Max on April 01, 2005, 12:46:25 am
sure...

but what the fuck happened to the dufrenes?!
Title: Mitch Hedberg is dead
Post by: pmcd9 on April 01, 2005, 04:14:23 am
Dammit Mitch, you were supposed to be big, but not for dying young man.

~Paul
Title: Mitch Hedberg is dead
Post by: Va on April 02, 2005, 04:12:15 pm
I wonder if he ever got that shirt dry-cleaned?

Man, I haven't been this bummed about the death of a total stranger since Phil Hartman was murdered.  I can't help thinking "Poor Phil Hartman!" every time I watch a Futurama with Zap Brannigan in it,
Title: Mitch Hedberg is dead
Post by: CortJstr on April 02, 2005, 04:45:00 pm
Quote from: "Va"
Man, I haven't been this bummed about the death of a total stranger since Phil Hartman was murdered.  I can't help thinking "Poor Phil Hatman!" every time I watch a Futurama with Zap Brannigan in it,

Indeed. At least they stopped using his Simpsons characters. I was really surprised they didn't write Zap out of the show.
Title: Mitch Hedberg is dead
Post by: jough on April 02, 2005, 05:41:30 pm
Yeah, if anything was ever a deterrant to not cheat on your wife, Phil Hartman is a posthumous spokesperson.

I'm glad they "retired" his characters on The Simpsons.  I mean, who else could play Lionel Hutz?

Anyway, I'd never heard of Mitch Hedberg before he died, and having seen clips of his work I'd heard some of those bits before, but not from him - so either he was stealing from others or they all stole from him.  

It's too bad he didn't die the way all comics should die - on stage, having just finished a hilarious bit to a huge round of applause.
Title: Mitch Hedberg is dead
Post by: robot_roll_call on April 02, 2005, 07:55:59 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "Va"
Man, I haven't been this bummed about the death of a total stranger since Phil Hartman was murdered.  I can't help thinking "Poor Phil Hatman!" every time I watch a Futurama with Zap Brannigan in it,

Indeed. At least they stopped using his Simpsons characters. I was really surprised they didn't write Zap out of the show.


Well to be fair, Zap was only intended to be voiced by Hartman. he never actually was in any episodes. And I think Billy West did a good job with him.
Title: Mitch Hedberg is dead
Post by: CortJstr on April 02, 2005, 09:06:21 pm
Quote from: "jough"
Anyway, I'd never heard of Mitch Hedberg before he died

Apparently you missed this (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?p=33695#33695) thread/blog entry.
Title: Mitch Hedberg is dead
Post by: jough on April 02, 2005, 11:42:04 pm
Yeah, I haven't really been reading the blogs and only occasionally will read the blog thread.
Title: Re: Mitch Hedberg is dead
Post by: CortJstr on April 05, 2005, 02:00:25 am
Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1499352/20050331/hedberg_mitch.jhtml?headlines=true

Very sad. Mitch was one of the funniest comedians I ever saw. He was the opening act, but he still managed to be just as funny as Lewis Black and Dave Attel, which is no small feat. I hate it when good people die young.

I just saw Lewis Black at a book signing tonight and he eulogized Mitch briefly, saying he was one of the very few comics that actually made him laugh.

Then his prom date came out of the audience, mad she wasn't recognized.