The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Sports & Leisure => Topic started by: Limmo on April 01, 2005, 10:56:15 pm

Title: Wow I Done Cooked
Post by: Limmo on April 01, 2005, 10:56:15 pm
Last night, I finally decided to put the Achewood Cookbook to use.  Made Ray's Steak and Toasted Nut Orzo.  Steak was good, but I set off the smoke alarm in the process.  The orzo was nice, but next time I'm throwing in some sun-dried tomatoes.  My wife liked both dishes, and Audrey seemed to dig on the orzo as well.

In not-terribly-related news, now when I wear my brown "Todd - Sweet" shirt, Audrey pretends to pluck Todd from the shirt and eat him.  I just hope she doesn't get pretend rabies.
Title: Wow I Done Cooked
Post by: wombat on April 01, 2005, 11:06:10 pm
That orzo is one of my favorite things ever.  I don't make it with orzo anymore though - I like to use something like tiny shells or tiny bows, that have places to catch the toppings.
Title: Wow I Done Cooked
Post by: Va on April 02, 2005, 04:16:36 pm
The next time you delve into the Achewood Cookbook, do yourself a favor and make Ruude Chicken.  I promise you will not be disappointed.  I've made it 4 times so far, and it is amazingly good, even if you don't try hard enough to find a happy chicken (is it okay to ask if they tried hard enough?).  I've made it plain, with rosemary (which flavor was craazy subtle) and with a few crushed garlic cloves (which flavor was surprisingly strong).  I'm going to try some kind of citrus next time I make it.  Maybe orange.