The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: doomglobe on April 02, 2005, 01:50:25 am

Title: Achewater
Post by: doomglobe on April 02, 2005, 01:50:25 am
Finally got a taste of absinthe last night, it is only slightly different from alcohol, except that it makes you feel like shit the next day. I retract my former, uninformed opinion that this is what achewater was thought of behind. maybe lsd?
Title: Achewater
Post by: Va on April 02, 2005, 04:02:31 pm
Most absinthe has so much alcohol in it that you are mostly just getting drunk, and you would practically have to give yourself alcohol poisoning to get enough of the hallucinogen to trip.  That's the main reason I haven't tried absinthe.

My best friend informs me that you can trip balls on Robitussin, but I've never tried that either.
Title: Achewater
Post by: St_Zartan on April 02, 2005, 04:05:44 pm
Quote from: "Va"
My best friend informs me that you can trip balls on Robitussin, but I've never tried that either.


Yeah, don't.
Title: Re: Achewater
Post by: miles on April 02, 2005, 04:14:15 pm
Quote from: "doomglobe"
Finally got a taste of absinthe last night, it is only slightly different from alcohol, except that it makes you feel like shit the next day.


How does this make it different from alcohol?
Title: Achewater
Post by: CortJstr on April 02, 2005, 04:42:44 pm
Quote from: "Va"
My best friend informs me that you can trip balls on Robitussin, but I've never tried that either.

Hence the MC Chris song *****ussin  (http://musicbrainz.org/album/b3b9da40-7693-44d8-b07a-85f39a8e7dbe.html)
Title: Achewater
Post by: jough on April 02, 2005, 05:42:52 pm
Everyone knows that NyQuil is the BOMB when it comes to OTC highs.  Take twice the recommended dosage and just go nuts WHILE YOU CAN.
Title: Achewater
Post by: robot_roll_call on April 02, 2005, 07:53:05 pm
I had a friend who was totally obsessed with absinthe after seeing Nine Inch Nails' the Perfect Drug video, so he bought some on eBay. I didn't try very much, but it seemed to taste kind of black licorice-esqe. The again, he never did the cool thing where you melt the sugar cube over the spoon or whatever, so I don;t think we got the full experience. At any rate, the stuff looked cool.

From what I understand, any of the stuff you can buy nowadays is a pale imitation of the stuff Poe was drinking. This is because wormwood (which I think was the main ingredient that made it all hallucinogenic) is said to eat holes in your brain.

The more you know!
Title: Achewater
Post by: Bozack on April 02, 2005, 08:19:18 pm
One of my brothers friends brought some real stuff back from New Zealand in a Listerine bottle. Apparently it was INSANE.
Title: Achewater
Post by: Max on April 03, 2005, 01:57:21 am
some information and ordering procedures (http://www.laboheme.uk.com/index.html)

from the looks of it it IS possible to get decent absinthe, just not easy.
Title: Achewater
Post by: slink on April 03, 2005, 08:48:58 am
Yea, from what I read it is possible to get it if the wormwood isn't in the bottle with the drink. So you add it yourself.
Still tastes like fuck*ng shit though. That said I've only had this scary Spanish stuff.
Title: Re: Achewater
Post by: doomglobe on April 06, 2005, 05:23:34 pm
Quote from: "miles"
Quote from: "doomglobe"
Finally got a taste of absinthe last night, it is only slightly different from alcohol, except that it makes you feel like shit the next day.


How does this make it different from alcohol?


Well, I am a dude who does not get hangovers very easilly. Being half irish, half scottish, my body recovers from the damgage of alcohol at 6 times the normal rate. Absinthe somehow made it past these defences, I drank as much absinthe as I would have had wiskey on a regular night on which I have to get up in the morning and do stuff (2 glasses, about 7 or 8 shots equivalent). The high was slightly different from alcohol, and was more intense (I usually do not get drunk on a night before work/school).

As for the flavor, it was like Anise and Mint tea. with a hearty kick. Absolutely disgusting.
Title: Achewater
Post by: AugustWest on April 06, 2005, 06:22:37 pm
But absinthe is alcohol.  It's an alcoholic tincture of wormwood, no?
Title: Achewater
Post by: CortJstr on April 06, 2005, 08:28:14 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
But absinthe is alcohol.  It's an alcoholic tincture of wormwood, no?

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/011026.html
Title: Achewater
Post by: AlohaDawg on April 06, 2005, 10:30:09 pm
Apparently legally available here (http://www.absinth.com/)

but I'm more amused by this (http://www.absinth.com/links/vodka.html)