The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: evan on April 04, 2005, 05:09:59 am

Title: 4/04/05: Japan Man see it all.
Post by: evan on April 04, 2005, 05:09:59 am
Ray's digital camera captures word balloons.
Title: Re: 4/04/05: Japan Man see it all.
Post by: MattFish on April 04, 2005, 05:15:04 am
Quote from: "evan"
Ray's digital camera captures word balloons.


That was my favorite part of this strip by far.
Title: Re: 4/04/05: Japan Man see it all.
Post by: miles on April 04, 2005, 05:19:23 am
Quote from: "evan"
Ray's digital camera captures word balloons.


Maybe it's a video.

Edit:  Who listens to the Chris Isaak Christmas album in April?

I do.
Title: 4/04/05: Japan Man see it all.
Post by: Mantonio on April 04, 2005, 05:51:17 am
I thought the "Kwosssh" was a nice touch.
Title: 4/04/05: Japan Man see it all.
Post by: Bozack on April 04, 2005, 12:22:16 pm
Yeah, the gong is awesome, as is, "Did we party?"
In fact, I proclaim all of this comic AWESOME.
Title: 4/04/05: Japan Man see it all.
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on April 04, 2005, 01:09:21 pm
Just when you think Little Nephew is a disposable character ...
Title: 4/04/05: Japan Man see it all.
Post by: CortJstr on April 04, 2005, 01:22:35 pm
Man I didn't think there was anything worse than sitting down to pee. Side-saddle never even occurred to me.

Also notice how LN doesn't even bother covering the phone with a cloth or anything. He knows his uncle is that clueless.
Title: 4/04/05: Japan Man see it all.
Post by: Emergent_C on April 04, 2005, 02:21:43 pm
Little Nephew takes pictures of his uncle ON THE TOILET!

Man, if the situation be reversed, yo, Ray would be goin' up fo' child abuse an' shizzle.
Title: 4/04/05: Japan Man see it all.
Post by: Beatrice on April 04, 2005, 03:15:03 pm
I have a love/hate relationship with Lil' Nephew, but it's mostly love.
Title: 4/04/05: Japan Man see it all.
Post by: cellardoor on April 04, 2005, 03:17:14 pm
Bozack wins best signature!
I think I know that small dog you know, saviour of the planet that he is.
In fact that chapter (31!) is sublime.
Kudos!
Title: 4/04/05: Japan Man see it all.
Post by: jough on April 04, 2005, 05:13:15 pm
I'd love to have enjoyed this strip, but achewood.com is totally down for me.

DAMN YOU, POP ART, INC.!
Title: 4/04/05: Japan Man see it all.
Post by: jough on April 04, 2005, 05:27:13 pm
Okay, I've read it now.  I'm not sure I get the point - is LN just trying to get Ray to stop selling pot so LN can sell his at a higher price?

Is he trying to corner the Achewood pot market, or is he just fuck*ng with Flunkie Ray?
Title: 4/04/05: Japan Man see it all.
Post by: robot_roll_call on April 04, 2005, 05:30:42 pm
Quote from: "jough"
Okay, I've read it now.  I'm not sure I get the point - is LN just trying to get Ray to stop selling pot so LN can sell his at a higher price?

Is he trying to corner the Achewood pot market, or is he just fuck*ng with Flunkie Ray?


Little bit of both, methinks. Why do one when you can have fun and profit with both?
Title: 4/04/05: Japan Man see it all.
Post by: V-Adore on April 04, 2005, 07:03:10 pm
I fully expect he's just fuck*ng with Ray. I'm not totally sure that Charley is on-the-ball enough to sell weed, although this gag makes me wonder. I would think that there'd be money involved, but between Ray's generosity and LN's willingness to just steal from him, this seems like too much effort for a money-making scheme.

Hoolies from the cooler: five-finger discount

new Blackberry: comin' out from the Under Uncle Ray's Mattress fund

showin' Uncle Ray that someone knows he pees sidesaddle: priceless
Title: 4/04/05: Japan Man see it all.
Post by: CortJstr on April 04, 2005, 08:57:38 pm
Quote from: "jough"
Okay, I've read it now.  I'm not sure I get the point - is LN just trying to get Ray to stop selling pot so LN can sell his at a higher price?

Is he trying to corner the Achewood pot market, or is he just fuck*ng with Flunkie Ray?

I ain't never seen no Sir Smoke-A-Lot (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120693/) video about LN or Japan Man so they can't be that important.
Title: 4/04/05: Japan Man see it all.
Post by: Choop on April 04, 2005, 10:11:39 pm
When did Charley sell Teodor some weed? During the bathroom party... I don't recall the date.

Don'tcha think the "Kwosssh" would've been audible to the non-phone ear? Or is Charley making the call from a sushi restaurant payphone?
Title: 4/04/05: Japan Man see it all.
Post by: miles on April 04, 2005, 10:24:26 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I fully expect he's just fuck*ng with Ray. I'm not totally sure that Charley is on-the-ball enough to sell weed, although this gag makes me wonder.


It's been my experience that selling weed doesn't really require someone to be on-the-ball.  It pretty much requires just that you know someone or some people and have some spare time and a reasoable amount of privacy.  You can't be a complete fuck-up, but let's just say that the kid who supplied my neighborhood didn't end up in college.
Title: 4/04/05: Japan Man see it all.
Post by: CortJstr on April 05, 2005, 12:38:38 am
Quote from: "Choopernickel"
When did Charley sell Teodor some weed? During the bathroom party... I don't recall the date.

That would be Feb 7, 05 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02072005).
Title: 4/04/05: Japan Man see it all.
Post by: Suckin_Dick on April 05, 2005, 01:08:17 am
i think that l'il neph be frontin a gigantic establishment of drug dealing and moral depravity rivaled only by the heyday of the dude johnny depp played in that one movie about coke, all under a pseudonym of Japan Man.  Can't you imagine a dark room, charley all sittin behind the desk manipulating a puppet that is bathed in shadow to lay down justice on some treacherous lackey?

i bet that is what it is all about.
Title: 4/04/05: Japan Man see it all.
Post by: pmcd9 on April 05, 2005, 01:13:35 am
Quote from: "Jough"
Okay, I've read it now. I'm not sure I get the point - is LN just trying to get Ray to stop selling pot so LN can sell his at a higher price?

Is he trying to corner the Achewood pot market, or is he just fuck*ng with Flunkie Ray?



It's clear from Charley's last few blog entries he's desperately trying to find a way to make money.  So hell no he ain't want no compitition from a fat stupid old mancat.

~Paul
Title: 4/04/05: Japan Man see it all.
Post by: St_Zartan on April 05, 2005, 01:18:12 am
Quote from: "pmcd9"
It's clear from Charley's last few blog entries he's desperately trying to find a way to make money.


He should have worked harder at being A Modern Klown with an Uncommon Attitude.
Title: 4/04/05: Japan Man see it all.
Post by: Va on April 05, 2005, 08:33:38 pm
Whoa, when did Lil' Nephew get a name?  Charley?  Is this a blog thing?
Title: 4/04/05: Japan Man see it all.
Post by: V-Adore on April 05, 2005, 10:11:08 pm
Quote from: "Va"
Whoa, when did Lil' Nephew get a name?  Charley?  Is this a blog thing?

Yeah, it was established that LN's name is Charley Smuckles when he got his own blog.
Title: 4/04/05: Japan Man see it all.
Post by: Golfhaus on April 05, 2005, 10:47:37 pm
I'm surprised Charley Smuckles lets so many people get away with calling him Little Nephew. Seems like the kind of nickname a teenager would be moving heaven and earth to get rid of.
Title: 4/04/05: Japan Man see it all.
Post by: Doc on April 06, 2005, 05:32:18 am
Quote from: "Golfhaus"
I'm surprised Charley Smuckles lets so many people get away with calling him Little Nephew. Seems like the kind of nickname a teenager would be moving heaven and earth to get rid of.


Dude his other name is Charlie Smuckles.
I don't his other options are going to be much better.
"Chuck Dawg"
"Chasizy"
"C H to the Arley"
Title: 4/04/05: Japan Man see it all.
Post by: CortJstr on April 06, 2005, 01:13:23 pm
Quote from: "Golfhaus"
I'm surprised Charley Smuckles lets so many people get away with calling him Little Nephew. Seems like the kind of nickname a teenager would be moving heaven and earth to get rid of.

Dude, like all his clothes say LN on them and he can't afford a whole new wardrobe right now.
Title: 4/04/05: Japan Man see it all.
Post by: Golfhaus on April 06, 2005, 03:06:06 pm
Maybe that's why he's so amped on getting a job then...