The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: TravisTravis on April 05, 2005, 02:10:11 am

Title: Free them from their one-dimension...
Post by: TravisTravis on April 05, 2005, 02:10:11 am
Dear Achewood readers, Message Boarders, and Onstad,

As a first time messager here on the boards, I'd like to make a statement, request, and plea.  Yeah, all in one.  I live in Maine and am not all that smart.  Ready?

I loved the mysterious "ghastly" characters that were Trouble Man and No-No.  As short-lived as they were, I'd love to see some depth added here, if only just to make them reappear.  Why didn't they die in the fire?  Who appointed them comissioners of the murder act?  Be they angels?

Does anyone share any of the same longing questions as mine here?

These guys were too cool to only show up in one arc.

Help a brotha out..
Title: Free them from their one-dimension...
Post by: AugustWest on April 05, 2005, 03:40:54 am
Welcome, don't be a stranger.

Trouble Man and No-No always reminded me of Vandemar and Croup from Neverwhere, only less sinister and more whimsical.
Title: Free them from their one-dimension...
Post by: Bozack on April 05, 2005, 04:17:23 am
I get the feeling that Trouble Man and No-No live in Nice Pete's head.
Title: Free them from their one-dimension...
Post by: Choop on April 05, 2005, 04:56:10 am
How can there be any room left with Eustace K. Dobbs, the boy, and the boy's papa? I'm thinking Trouble Man and No-No are the Devil's Little Arsonists(TM) and set the fire in Heaven, in which all souls did burn.
Title: Free them from their one-dimension...
Post by: V-Adore on April 05, 2005, 05:26:11 am
Man, what would they possibly do?

Also, welcome. Wander around; get comfortable.
Title: Free them from their one-dimension...
Post by: Franz. on April 05, 2005, 01:25:54 pm
Off topic: as I come from the Pine Stree State to the north, I feel compelled to welcome my kinsman.

Hooray for Achewoodians in Vacationland, where life is as it should be!

Yours in Maineliness,

[ Franz. ]
Title: Free them from their one-dimension...
Post by: cellardoor on April 05, 2005, 01:33:16 pm
Is this not veering toward Achewood fan fiction?
Which is a step away from Achewood slash fiction.
See signature.
Title: Free them from their one-dimension...
Post by: Mantonio on April 05, 2005, 06:13:06 pm
Quote from: "Franz."
Off topic: as I come from the Pine Stree State to the north, I feel compelled to welcome my kinsman.

Hooray for Achewoodians in Vacationland, where life is as it should be!

Yours in Maineliness,

[ Franz. ]

Dang, how many Achewoodians are there in Maine? It looks like I'll be moving up to Portland in a couple months. There might soon be enough of us to send a proper delegation to an Achewoodcon should such a travesty ever occur.

Edit: Trouble Man and No-No are cool, but I fear there would be jumping of sharks if we saw too much of them. Who wants to read Trouble Man and No-No's blogs?
Title: Re: Free them from their one-dimension...
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on April 05, 2005, 07:42:26 pm
Quote from: "TravisTravis"
Dear Achewood readers, Message Boarders, and Onstad,

As a first time messager here on the boards, I'd like to make a statement, request, and plea.  Yeah, all in one.  I live in Maine and am not all that smart.  Ready?

I loved the mysterious "ghastly" characters that were Trouble Man and No-No.  As short-lived as they were, I'd love to see some depth added here, if only just to make them reappear.  Why didn't they die in the fire?  Who appointed them comissioners of the murder act?  Be they angels?

Does anyone share any of the same longing questions as mine here?

These guys were too cool to only show up in one arc.

Help a brotha out..



Only if you do the GOTHIC DANCE.
Title: Free them from their one-dimension...
Post by: pierced lemur on April 06, 2005, 02:14:37 pm
Yay Maine.

etc.
Title: Free them from their one-dimension...
Post by: Beatrice on April 06, 2005, 03:28:05 pm
Quote from: "Bozack"
I get the feeling that Trouble Man and No-No live in Nice Pete's head.


They should pop into the blog novel and give a wave.
Title: Free them from their one-dimension...
Post by: pmcd9 on April 06, 2005, 04:56:17 pm
Where is the snarky fourth choice in the poll?  I demand a snarky fourth choice.  It's too... Sincere.

~Paul
Title: Free them from their one-dimension...
Post by: AugustWest on April 06, 2005, 06:20:44 pm
Howzzat?
Title: Free them from their one-dimension...
Post by: pmcd9 on April 06, 2005, 06:45:04 pm
I think i'm gonna sit this poll out.

~Paul
Title: Free them from their one-dimension...
Post by: AlohaDawg on April 06, 2005, 06:46:10 pm
That's pretty fuckin' snarky. Good going, Aug.
Title: Free them from their one-dimension...
Post by: Beatrice on April 06, 2005, 10:56:32 pm
Quote from: "pmcd9"
I think i'm gonna sit this poll out.

~Paul


Don't sweat it, man.  You gotta worry about getting to heaven first before they can even lay a hand on you.  Big picture, big picture.

Edit: paw*
Title: Free them from their one-dimension...
Post by: THA SUGAH RAIN HAS COME on April 07, 2005, 05:07:54 am
yeah those two are rockin characters definitely

onstad is always best when he draws on american history and archetahps, just lahk "the simpsons"

and the strip would not be good if everyone just stayed in their proper dimension

it's krazy kat overall

actually come to think of it, molly is one character that should have stayed in her place; when will she be removed from the strip
Title: Free them from their one-dimension...
Post by: Doc on April 07, 2005, 01:35:13 pm
I'd like to see them again but I would dislike seeing them out of their natural context, if anything putting them on earth would place them in semi-competition with Emeril and Spongebath.
Their only purpose in life is to be the hobo's of heaven, but the creepy kind of hobo that only rad the obituary section of the paper and enjoys watching a good car accident.

Hang on a tic, troubleman?
I can't remember exactly what he was but I'm sure he weren't no man.