The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: keef on August 19, 2003, 03:55:58 am

Title: uh... why is there a lileks forum on the achewood board?
Post by: keef on August 19, 2003, 03:55:58 am
that is all, I guess.  

I mean, I like Lileks, and I like Achewood, but they're two great tastes that don't taste great together.

You know, like milk chocolate and hot dogs.

(EDITED TO FIX MY EGREGIOUS TOO / TWO TYPO)
Title: uh... why is there a lileks forum on the achewood board?
Post by: AugustWest on August 19, 2003, 04:00:16 am
I think because many of us found Achewood through Lileks.  

I would say it's more like courses in a great meal.  While I would not want my hot dogs covered in chocolate, I do appreciate a couple of chili dogs followed by a fudgesicle for dessert.

Also -- to/too/two.  They each mean something different.
Title: uh... why is there a lileks forum on the achewood board?
Post by: keef on August 19, 2003, 04:04:17 am
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Also -- to/too/two.  They each mean something different.


Oh my god.  I'm this close to gouging out my own fuck*ng eyes and then filling the sockets with li'l smokies and hershey's syrup.

I'm a writer.  It's what I do, when I'm not being a librarian.  For the love of jesus.  I can't believe I did that.  I hate motherfuckers who do that.  

OH GOD I HAVE BECOME THE VERY THING THAT I HATE MOST
Title: uh... why is there a lileks forum on the achewood board?
Post by: keef on August 19, 2003, 04:06:04 am
Oh yeah:

I didn't know that many people found achewood through lileks.

But that's still kind of silly, to have a forum about it.  I mean, I don't read it very often, but doesn't mr. lileks have his own fora?
Title: uh... why is there a lileks forum on the achewood board?
Post by: AugustWest on August 19, 2003, 04:08:44 am
Sorry to be the grammar cop.  I've been there, dude.  I feel your pain.

I'm not aware of any other dedicated Lileks related fora.  He gets discussed fairly regularly in the SDMB and once in a while on FARK.
Title: uh... why is there a lileks forum on the achewood board?
Post by: keef on August 19, 2003, 04:24:09 am
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Sorry to be the grammar cop.  I've been there, dude.  I feel your pain.


Ain't no thing but a chicken's wing.  It'll assuredly happen again at some point in the not-two-distant future.  D'OH

Quote
I'm not aware of any other dedicated Lileks related fora.  He gets discussed fairly regularly in the SDMB and once in a while on FARK.


Oh.  Well.  Okay then.  Carry on.
Title: uh... why is there a lileks forum on the achewood board?
Post by: AugustWest on August 19, 2003, 04:38:58 am
I'll do just that.  First thing, I think I'll go misuse some apostrophe's.  

Then, I'm gonna boil me up some Li'l Smokie's in Milwaukee's Bes't and dip 'em in Hershey's S'yrup.  Man, that is some kinda tasty!
Title: uh... why is there a lileks forum on the achewood board?
Post by: V-Adore on August 19, 2003, 06:02:57 am
Quote from: "AugustWest"
I'll do just that.  First thing, I think I'll go misuse some apostrophe's.  

Then, I'm gonna boil me up some Li'l Smokie's in Milwaukee's Bes't and dip 'em in Hershey's S'yrup.  Man, that is some kinda tasty!

Wow, extra credit for particularly spectacular apostrophe abuse. I especially like "s'yrup," which is so awful that it's really impressive.

That said, I've always lumped the Lileks forum in with the other not-Achewood-topicked fora on the board. Obviously we aren't going to talk about Achewood all the time, and the first Lileksian (Lileksoid?) thread broke out early in the board's history, so it's a natural development.
Title: uh... why is there a lileks forum on the achewood board?
Post by: jough on August 19, 2003, 09:37:00 am
I don't get the need for a Lilicks forum either, and it's not like it's visited that often.

I mean, half of the threads in here are debating on whether or not there should be a Lilacs forum.

WHAT IS UP WITH THAT?

I think the Liblechs forum makes this message board severely less awesome.

But jld wanted it.  And now she doesn't post here.

So this is like the little forum that couldn't.

It's dying.
Title: uh... why is there a lileks forum on the achewood board?
Post by: jough on August 19, 2003, 01:25:29 pm
Keef's last post has gone apeshit and trashed a Texas barbeque pit before settling into a thread of its own:

http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?t=184
Title: uh... why is there a lileks forum on the achewood board?
Post by: jay-ell on August 19, 2003, 05:23:16 pm
Hey, we get a little traffic up in this piece...anyway, Lileks was down for a week rigth after we launched this forum, so that kind of put a damper on new discussion.  

If there are any other sites that Achewood readers seem to like En Masse, I'm all for adding new forums...but nobody's suggested any so this is what we've got.
Title: uh... why is there a lileks forum on the achewood board?
Post by: Steve Hogan on August 22, 2003, 02:08:25 pm
Quote from: "jldunston"
Hey, we get a little traffic up in this piece...anyway, Lileks was down for a week rigth after we launched this forum, so that kind of put a damper on new discussion.  

If there are any other sites that Achewood readers seem to like En Masse, I'm all for adding new forums...but nobody's suggested any so this is what we've got.


How about Danni's Hot Box?

I like the idea of a Lileks forum.  I'm always curious what people make of his weird bag of goodies.