The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: THA SUGAH RAIN HAS COME on April 08, 2005, 02:14:42 am

Title: this is a thread for the victims of bigotry
Post by: THA SUGAH RAIN HAS COME on April 08, 2005, 02:14:42 am
tahm for us to band together
Title: this is a thread for the victims of bigotry
Post by: THA SUGAH RAIN HAS COME on April 08, 2005, 02:19:01 am
great boarding is not a crahm
Title: this is a thread for the victims of bigotry
Post by: Choop on April 08, 2005, 02:28:25 am
Hey jackhole, you want a free clue?

You claim to have been ejected from another forum, then you came here and utilized what you also claim to be the same ...persona. Is it any wonder you already feel unwelcome?

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog. PM Jough (the über-moderator), delete your membership, and start over with a new name and -this is important- a new, normal personality. We won't know it's still you! Although, you may want to take a breather so we forget that you have this option.

Then, maybe, we might take to you. If we don't, you'll know it's not because of your "style."
Title: this is a thread for the victims of bigotry
Post by: THA SUGAH RAIN HAS COME on April 08, 2005, 02:45:32 am
ah will not change the way ah am

ah cannot

ain't a crahm t'be soulful

ah have faced down hostahl boards before

ah was ejected from mah last board bah a rogue faction that took it over
Title: this is a thread for the victims of bigotry
Post by: AugustWest on April 08, 2005, 03:03:40 am
Pat! Don't wear a cape!

Have some dignity.

Seriously, consider this an official warning.  You've been repeatedly told your behavior is annoying.  You are on thin ice here.  The only reason you're still around is that you do seem to have a genuine interest in Achewood.  We have banned obnoxious fucks before.  If it feeds your juvenile martyr complex to troll boards until they ban you, so be it.  This is your one official warning.

Also, I am from the south.  Several other board members (whom I respect) are as well.  I have lots of friends and family that talk sort of like the accent your are so affectedly trying to imitate.  You are offending me.  Maybe you should put on blackface and type like Amos and Andy talk.  Or maybe you should just type "Ching Chong Wing Wong" because those Asians talk funny too.  

Or maybe you should just grow the fuck up, drop the silly-ass affectations and say what you want to say like a decent human being.

Or else.
Title: this is a thread for the victims of bigotry
Post by: pmcd9 on April 08, 2005, 04:46:24 am
Victim of Bigotry?
Title: this is a thread for the victims of bigotry
Post by: Ben-San on April 08, 2005, 05:32:33 am
Yeah. See, he's a victim of bigotry and oppression because people are telling him that his incredibly stupid and annoying fake "accent" filter is incredibly stupid and annoying. JUST LIKE THE SLAVES, MAN. Or the Jews during the Nazicaust! You don't want to be a slave-owning Nazi, do you?

At this point Internet protocol demands that he either threaten to LEAVE FOREVER/FO'EVAH, or threaten an Internet slander lawsuit, or both.
Title: this is a thread for the victims of bigotry
Post by: miles on April 08, 2005, 06:08:04 am
Quote from: "Ben-San"
At this point Internet protocol demands that he either threaten to LEAVE FOREVER/FO'EVAH, or threaten an Internet slander lawsuit, or both.


Woah!  You can sue the internet?  Kick ASS!
Title: this is a thread for the victims of bigotry
Post by: V-Adore on April 08, 2005, 06:08:11 am
Letting this ride for now, but if things escalate I may develop another sudden case of the Onstad Vapors and lock this. So... y'know... post with that in mind.
Title: this is a thread for the victims of bigotry
Post by: jough on April 08, 2005, 06:29:04 am
I get up around 11AM EST.

Then I take a nice long piss, turn on my PC, brush my teeth, wash my face, and start picking up my e-mail while I make my bed.  Then I sit down at the computer and open my "Daily" folder in tabs, read Achewood, read this board, check the news, etc.

If, when I go through my morning ritual tomorrow, I see one more post in this annoying drawl, I will delete this person and every post they've ever made on these boards.   Then I'll ban all relevant IPs and e-mail addresses.  Then I'll make some coffee and enjoy a croissant, secure in the fact that this idiot never actually existed, and instead was just a fever dream.
Title: this is a thread for the victims of bigotry
Post by: St_Zartan on April 08, 2005, 07:09:01 am
God damn it, Jough. Every time I feel comfortable hating you, you make me love you again.

I was going to advise this idiot to save the ridiculous fuck*ng gimmicky persona and the embarrassingly hipster signature for his / her MySpace profile. Because, really, it reads like HELLO, I'M NINETEEN YEARS OLD AND JUST READ A SECONDARY SOURCE ON "CULTURE JAMMING", only even the basest of fuck*ng amateurs would be able to stick to a fuck*ng script. Instead, we've got this waterheaded child burbling on about "web-boarding" (nothing screams "poseur" like a too-clever critique of your own fuck*ng medium) and "*rock rock rock*" - and nothing, but nothing, says "I am an empty, superficial squirt of hipster grasping" than the heavy use and abuse of the word "rock", which really ought to be put out of its fuck*ng misery at this point.

The hipster in question has probably spent a great deal of time convincing his / herself and anyone within earshot that Andrew W.K. and The Darkness are genuinely moving, sincere, and integral parts of any musical life.

Move on, you stupid little dipshit. Just move the fuck on. There are probably twenty-five thousand people with intentionally mismatched socks and A-cups who will find your oh-so-edgy social experiments to be HIGHLY SEXXXY and CAN I GET TO KNOW U BETTER PLZ
Title: this is a thread for the victims of bigotry
Post by: AlohaDawg on April 08, 2005, 07:11:46 am
Before anything bad happens, can I at least find out who Chester J Lampwick is?

OK, Itchy and Scratchy, got it, proceed with whatever is going to happen. (and file the reference under more pretentious pseudo-hipster posing)
Title: this is a thread for the victims of bigotry
Post by: arkabee on April 08, 2005, 01:26:24 pm
i think, to a certain extent, everyone has a level of affectation to their personality.  For instance, George Will is a Cubs fan.

I think that over time, the level of affectation changes for each individual.  i would conjecture, that on _average_ for _most_ people, that level DECREASES with age.  i would believe that there are counter examples to this (Carrot Top).

To some extent, i think that, perhaps, over time, the affectation may grow tiresome, and thus the individual "drops" it, or it becomes integrated into their personality and is no longer affected but natural.

I think that affectations help define individuals, to a certain extent.  I think that in a text based communications medium, affectations are, actually, rather helpful in defining personality.

in a totally different thread/context a while a go, i explained that my "style" of text based communications follows my speaking patterns as opposed to a "writing style", blah blah blah.

as such, i present affectations at various times to subtly (ok, maybe [ok surely] it doesn't work, but i _try_ at subtly [ edit- the super password is "subtlety"] ) attempt to communicate a level of my personality to the other people i am attempting to communicate with.  why?  because i believe that in order to effectively communicate it is helpful to grasp the context of the others communicating with you.

that being said, there are several flaws with what i do.  foremost, is that i subjectively choose (albeit mostly subconsciously) what affectations to use to point out my own subjective opinion of what makes up my personality.  for instance, maybe i try to communicate that i am "whacky" when in fact i am _not_ "whacky".  that's an inherent problem, but, oh well.

So,

to get to the point.

i post things on the internet, and i post them poorly.  to compensate for that, i say that i more "transcribe" my speech rather than "write".  (which, apparently, means that not only am i a bad writer, but a poor speaker as well...).

i also have, at certain times, a slight southern accent.  i also, currently, reside in a Southern Culture Zone.

so, at times, i "affect" a slight "southern accent" in my writing/speech to show some level of personall personality to particular posts.

that being said, recent events have caused me to rethink this strategy, because:

APPARENTLY IT'S A WHOLE HELL OF A LOT MORE fuck*ng ANNOYING THAN I REALIZED AND APOLOGIES TO ALL THROUGHOUT HISTORY THAT I HAVE ANNOYED THROUGH SUCH AFFECTATION.

oh, and if i do it again, someone please remind me how annoying it is.  tia.


(ps, let's work on all the other annoying things i do after we get this one handled, thanks.)


edited-
i kant spll
Title: this is a thread for the victims of bigotry
Post by: PinkStainlessTail on April 08, 2005, 01:49:08 pm
May I still occasionally lapse into Welsh? Yt's wyckyd fyn!
Title: this is a thread for the victims of bigotry
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on April 08, 2005, 02:33:57 pm
Quote from: "jough"
I get up around 11AM EST.

Then I take a nice long piss, turn on my PC, brush my teeth, wash my face, and start picking up my e-mail while I make my bed.  Then I sit down at the computer and open my "Daily" folder in tabs, read Achewood, read this board, check the news, etc.

If, when I go through my morning ritual tomorrow, I see one more post in this annoying drawl, I will delete this person and every post they've ever made on these boards.   Then I'll ban all relevant IPs and e-mail addresses.  Then I'll make some coffee and enjoy a croissant, secure in the fact that this idiot never actually existed, and instead was just a fever dream.



Sir, I will gladly partake in that croissant with you.
Title: this is a thread for the victims of bigotry
Post by: pmcd9 on April 08, 2005, 04:38:06 pm
Never before have I seen a board with such a perfect sense of Enough is Enough.  Sugah Bahlls was annoying as hell, but good for a laugh.  Anymore at this point though would be over the line.  Do it Jough, flush this turd.

~Paul
Title: this is a thread for the victims of bigotry
Post by: pmcd9 on April 08, 2005, 04:41:13 pm
I must tip my hat to Sugah though.  Never before has a troll managed 22 post on this board before getting deleted.  That's gotta be a record, good show.

~Paul
Title: this is a thread for the victims of bigotry
Post by: V-Adore on April 08, 2005, 05:12:57 pm
I would just like to state that I, for one, am not luxuriating in SUGAH RAIN's spoiled shorts. If anyone is, I personally would like to know about it. (You know, so you can be appropriately shunned.)

Congratulations, LIEBOT'S ASS HAS COME! Not since, what's his name, the guy who posted pictures of himself cutting has the board had this little romp. Whee!
Title: this is a thread for the victims of bigotry
Post by: Pedro Picasso on April 08, 2005, 06:37:06 pm
I think I can sum up this thread succinctly:

We've had enough.  Doomglobe must be banned.

I for one think it's about time.
Title: this is a thread for the victims of bigotry
Post by: St_Zartan on April 08, 2005, 06:38:09 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Not since, what's his name, the guy who posted pictures of himself cutting has the board had this little romp. Whee!


Fanciebabie, I think. Because we didn't like his little shitstain of a webcomic.
Title: this is a thread for the victims of bigotry
Post by: AugustWest on April 08, 2005, 09:50:43 pm
Quote from: "arkabee"
iAPPARENTLY IT'S A WHOLE HELL OF A LOT MORE fuck*ng ANNOYING THAN I REALIZED AND APOLOGIES TO ALL THROUGHOUT HISTORY THAT I HAVE ANNOYED THROUGH SUCH AFFECTATION.



1.  I never noticed you doing anything like that.

2.  You aren't annoying.  At all.  You I respect.
Title: this is a thread for the victims of bigotry
Post by: AugustWest on April 08, 2005, 09:51:29 pm
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Not since, what's his name, the guy who posted pictures of himself cutting has the board had this little romp. Whee!


Fanciebabie, I think. Because we didn't like his little shitstain of a webcomic.


Wow.  We have a history and everything now.
Title: this is a thread for the victims of bigotry
Post by: V-Adore on April 08, 2005, 10:37:23 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "arkabee"
iAPPARENTLY IT'S A WHOLE HELL OF A LOT MORE fuck*ng ANNOYING THAN I REALIZED AND APOLOGIES TO ALL THROUGHOUT HISTORY THAT I HAVE ANNOYED THROUGH SUCH AFFECTATION.



1.  I never noticed you doing anything like that.

2.  You aren't annoying.  At all.  You I respect.

Seconded in its entirety. I haven't really noticed the affectation, but even if it's there, I have no significant issue with a little regional affectation as part of one's typing style. It's this particular soulful stahl of web-boardin' from SUGAH ASS that I feel is getting old.
Title: this is a thread for the victims of bigotry
Post by: AlohaDawg on April 09, 2005, 03:00:41 am
the lower case i's and the spacing between lines are a little affected, but we gotta let people be a little creative. At least you have pretty good content. That makes up for anything little thing that might annoy only me, because as we all know, I'm the token jackbooted rightwinger on this board.

Anyhow, just be you and I'm glad. As for Gump over there, well, he has yet to give me an A-HA moment which you do frequntly.

"Ah, hell" moments - those I got.
Title: this is a thread for the victims of bigotry
Post by: Choop on April 09, 2005, 03:12:59 am
Re:Arkabee:
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
At least you have pretty good content.


And the Understatement of the Year Award goes to AlohaDawg!

Ark, you're one of the best and brightest here and don't ever think any different. Good Pete, what I love about this board is the extremely rapid member-vetting process that results in ALL CAPS ASS CLOWNS getting the beat-down in under a week, leaving the remaining folken all people I enjoy net-friendship with and whose company would honor me.

And then there's Randy Rhombus, who just doesn't seem to get the hint.
Title: this is a thread for the victims of bigotry
Post by: pmcd9 on April 09, 2005, 04:25:46 am
Quote from: "Choopernickel"

And then there's Randy Rhombus, who just doesn't seem to get the hint.

Nice Bobby is good people.

~Paul
Title: this is a thread for the victims of bigotry
Post by: pmcd9 on April 09, 2005, 04:29:12 am
But what I meant to say was, hey Admins. did Sugah Bugah get the old heave ho or did he leave of his own accord*?

~Paul

*Or did he leave in his old Accord?
Title: this is a thread for the victims of bigotry
Post by: jough on April 09, 2005, 04:33:55 am
I didn't heave anyone.  

V?  JL?
Title: this is a thread for the victims of bigotry
Post by: Choop on April 09, 2005, 04:34:16 am
I'm guessing is was in his old Accord: no posts are deleted, and all threads remain (otherwise) unmolested.


TOUAMB: Keepin' out the morons since mid-2003!
Title: this is a thread for the victims of bigotry
Post by: jough on April 09, 2005, 04:41:28 am
Oh, I did "edit" his signature so it was more typographically accurate.

And he got the same custom nickname that "district" did (the last prick to get the boot here, I think).
Title: this is a thread for the victims of bigotry
Post by: V-Adore on April 09, 2005, 04:44:32 am
I have not touched his account. My hands are immaculate, I tell you.

Well, they are since I washed off the rat urine.
Title: this is a thread for the victims of bigotry
Post by: AugustWest on April 09, 2005, 05:23:01 am
It's kind of a shame, because Sugar Tits obviously knew and had an interest in Achewood and showed glimmerings that he actually had something worthwhile to say.  

Beet/Cane/XXX/Confectioners/Magnolia/Whatever, if you're still lurking, I'm fairly certain you'd be made welcome if you'd drop the crap.  We have a low tolerance for that shit around here, but I think we can be forgiving.  We can always use good posters.  Act like you've got a lick of sense and we'd be glad to have you.

Otherwise, to the crows with you.
Title: this is a thread for the victims of bigotry
Post by: St_Zartan on April 09, 2005, 06:27:34 am
Quote from: "AugustWest"
It's kind of a shame, because Sugar Tits obviously knew and had an interest in Achewood and showed glimmerings that he actually had something worthwhile to say.
 

I thought so, too, which is why I held back for as long as I did.

Quote from: "AugustWest"
I'm fairly certain you'd be made welcome if you'd drop the crap.


Not going to happen, I can assure you. I checked out some of this winner's nearly thirty thousand posts on that other board*, and every single indication is given that "SUGAH RAIN" is about fifteen pounds of fuck*ng retarded crammed into a twelve-ounce can.

*The threads over there, in case you're interested, tend to run like this:

A: ima havea sandwhich latah
B: cool
C: tell me how it goes
A: ok
D: berware the evil sandwich demons!!! cheese rules, you should have some
B: why do you hate me
D: i did not mean to start a board fight
B: ok
A: the swhich was AW3S0M3
C: cool

This is omitting, due to technical limitations, the obligatory eighty-line .sigs and the 600x400 pictures of whatever random shit Little Johnny Fucknuckle saved to his hard drive after a 6:30 PM Pixy Stix binge.
Title: this is a thread for the victims of bigotry
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on April 09, 2005, 07:30:59 am
Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "Choopernickel"

And then there's Randy Rhombus, who just doesn't seem to get the hint.

Nice Bobby is good people.

~Paul



I missed something.
Title: this is a thread for the victims of bigotry
Post by: robot_roll_call on April 09, 2005, 07:35:51 am
I'm surprised no one pointed out that both of his threads here are gential-related. It makes me wonder, are all thirty thousand of his posts gential-related as well?

Also, could someone please explain web boarding to me? Is it just a pretentious term for being on the internet too much?
Title: this is a thread for the victims of bigotry
Post by: Ben-San on April 09, 2005, 08:03:47 am
Either that, or it's an EXXXTREME sport that only Spider-Man practices.
Title: this is a thread for the victims of bigotry
Post by: CortJstr on April 09, 2005, 03:08:50 pm
Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
I'm surprised no one pointed out that both of his threads here are gential-related. It makes me wonder, are all thirty thousand of his posts gential-related as well?

Aren't all good posts genital related? When I think about TOUAMB I touch myself.
Title: this is a thread for the victims of bigotry
Post by: AlohaDawg on April 09, 2005, 11:44:43 pm
Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
I'm surprised no one pointed out that both of his threads here are gential-related.


I did. (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?p=37334&highlight=#37334)

I didn't go to the trouble of looking up his posts, but I'm not surprised. The only thing I occasionally wondered about was whether we may have runned off a "special person under God's protection" as Nice Pete might say.
Title: this is a thread for the victims of bigotry
Post by: robot_roll_call on April 10, 2005, 02:59:30 am
I also have no idea what culture jamming is. Can I assume it's stupid if it's a thing that the Glucose Gale does?

Edit: I just looked it up on Wikipedia. It is indeed a thing that douchebags do.
Title: this is a thread for the victims of bigotry
Post by: Choop on April 10, 2005, 05:07:36 am
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "Choopernickel"

And then there's Randy Rhombus, who just doesn't seem to get the hint.

Nice Bobby is good people.

~Paul



I missed something.



No, no you didn't. I was just shitting you. Even Evil Bobby is fun. Damnit, nothing is funny when it has to be explained.
Title: this is a thread for the victims of bigotry
Post by: AugustWest on April 10, 2005, 05:48:40 am
Quote from: "Choopernickel"
Damnit, nothing is funny when it has to be explained.


Tell that to Bob Newhart.
Title: this is a thread for the victims of bigotry
Post by: side_show on April 11, 2005, 02:39:33 pm
Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
I also have no idea what culture jamming is. Can I assume it's stupid if it's a thing that the Glucose Gale does?

Edit: I just looked it up on Wikipedia. It is indeed a thing that douchebags do.


I think you just indirectly called me a douche-bag.

Granted culture jamming is an AdBusters term, and is therefore totally self-satisfied/self-congradulatory/self-serving.

But hey, the last time I culture jamed I slipped the suggestion to "vandalized corporate logos" into a study guide that was distributed by the case load to several dozen public high-schools.
Title: this is a thread for the victims of bigotry
Post by: robot_roll_call on April 11, 2005, 04:04:26 pm
Quote from: "side_show"
Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
I also have no idea what culture jamming is. Can I assume it's stupid if it's a thing that the Glucose Gale does?

Edit: I just looked it up on Wikipedia. It is indeed a thing that douchebags do.


I think you just indirectly called me a douche-bag.


Sorry, didn't mean to insult you. But you have to admit that Wikipedia makes it sound pretty douchey.
Title: this is a thread for the victims of bigotry
Post by: side_show on April 11, 2005, 04:22:28 pm
Ha, perhaps I didn't make it clear that I am pleased to be called a douche bag.  Wikipedia's Achewood entry is great btw.
Title: this is a thread for the victims of bigotry
Post by: Ben-San on April 11, 2005, 04:26:37 pm
I think it is maybe not so much a douchebag thing to do as a douchebag thing to consider yourself to be doing? I mean, it's pretty much glorified pranking, and while I am all for pranking let's call a spade a shovel. At least, this is how I see it.
Title: this is a thread for the victims of bigotry
Post by: side_show on April 11, 2005, 04:37:40 pm
Quote from: "Ben-San"
I think it is maybe not so much a douchebag thing to do as a douchebag thing to consider yourself to be doing? I mean, it's pretty much glorified pranking, and while I am all for pranking let's call a spade a shovel. At least, this is how I see it.


Ah, but throwing a rotten pumpkin off my balcony was a prank, where as defacing the toilets in Starbucks (not something I've done...yet) is culture jamming.  Were talking civil disobedience here, a sticking-it-to-the-man type thing not a fuck-you-to-whoever-happens-to-be-around-type-thing.  There is a distinction.
Title: this is a thread for the victims of bigotry
Post by: pmcd9 on April 11, 2005, 04:51:46 pm
Defacing the toilets at Starbucks is civil disobedience?

~Paul
Title: this is a thread for the victims of bigotry
Post by: side_show on April 11, 2005, 04:58:05 pm
okay.  I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about.
Title: this is a thread for the victims of bigotry
Post by: jough on April 11, 2005, 05:00:07 pm
We used to do a thing in college called "dada terrorism" (this was before the word "terrorism" had the icky stigma it has today) and do simple things like re-arrange the grocery store to be more convenient for customer.  Like putting Immodium AD next to the microwave burritos, analgesics and condoms next to the oysters, Vaseline next to the sticks of pepperoni, switching the labels on the no bean chili and dog food, etc.

This wasn't "culture jamming" as much as just good clean intoxicated fun.

Also, I have no idea if it is against the law or not, but food stores tend to freak out when you bring groceries IN to the store and begin stocking their shelves with them.  We never hung around long enough to see what happened when people tried to buy things that they techically did not carry.
Title: this is a thread for the victims of bigotry
Post by: St_Zartan on April 11, 2005, 05:43:53 pm
There's a big difference between trying to change the way people might perceive / interact with the System (by, say, playing havoc with semantics, or attempting to damage / impugn the Almighty Brand), and just making life that much more difficult for some miserable minimum-wage earner doing an already thankless job. I'm all for culture jamming in its original sense, but the term seems to have been more or less hijacked by people who want to feel good and clever about acting like douchy twelve-year-olds.

Randomly fuck*ng shit up at, say, a Wal-Mart is not going to get your average consumer drone to Snap Into It and say, gee, this wrecked mess in Aisle Nine is really forcing me to rethink the ethics of big box corporations. It just means some dude whose name you never bothered to learn is going to be pulling some unpaid overtime.

That doesn't make you revolutionary; it makes you a fuck*ng bully.
Title: this is a thread for the victims of bigotry
Post by: Pedro Picasso on April 11, 2005, 06:23:22 pm
Quote from: "jough"
We used to do a thing in college called "dada terrorism" (this was before the word "terrorism" had the icky stigma it has today)


Aside: Early 2001 I was selling t-shirts.  I wanted to print one that had the bomb from Counter Strike on the front and the words "Terrorists Win" on the back.  Late 2001 I was really glad I never printed any of those.  I suppose they would have made for a good bonfire.