The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: Asherdan on April 09, 2005, 01:00:49 am

Title: Real Work Makes Me Tired
Post by: Asherdan on April 09, 2005, 01:00:49 am
(https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s---uBhIrEa--/oqil2ysvksn6vmluk2of.gif)
Title: Real Work Makes Me Tired
Post by: wombat on April 09, 2005, 01:10:57 am
Hooray for you!
 
But yeah, tired.  And the headaches. I have to keep reminding myself that I was going crazy bored when I didn't have a job because now I'm just going crazy in different ways.  If it's not one damn thing it's another, I guess.
Title: Real Work Makes Me Tired
Post by: CortJstr on April 09, 2005, 02:10:10 am
Quote from: "wombat"
Hooray for you!
 
But yeah, tired.  And the headaches. I have to keep reminding myself that I was going crazy bored when I didn't have a job because now I'm just going crazy in different ways.  If it's not one damn thing it's another, I guess.

It's like my grandmother, Nana Rosannadanna, always used to say
Title: Real Work Makes Me Tired
Post by: AlohaDawg on April 09, 2005, 02:53:52 am
Quote from: "wombat"
Hooray for you!
 
But yeah, tired.  And the headaches. I have to keep reminding myself that I was going crazy bored when I didn't have a job because now I'm just going crazy in different ways.  If it's not one damn thing it's another, I guess.


I think that's because of people. Every job I ever had would have been so much better if it weren't for those damn co-workers and supervisors.
Title: Real Work Makes Me Tired
Post by: pmcd9 on April 09, 2005, 04:20:58 am
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Every job I ever had would have been so much better if it weren't for those damn co-workers and supervisors.

You said a mouthful right there brother Dawg.

~Paul
Title: Real Work Makes Me Tired
Post by: jough on April 09, 2005, 04:36:27 am
My attention was drawn to another window and now I forget what I was going to type here.

Carry on.
Title: Real Work Makes Me Tired
Post by: pmcd9 on April 09, 2005, 04:50:15 am
Quote from: "jough"
My attention was drawn to another window and now I forget what I was going to type here.

Carry on.

Is this the first recorded instance of walking into a room and forgetting why you are there... On the internet?

~Paul
Title: Real Work Makes Me Tired
Post by: AugustWest on April 09, 2005, 05:33:58 am
Hmm.  I'm at the opposite point.  I've just completed my first week of unemployment.  It's spring break here, so the kids have been off school and Mrs. West took a weeks vacation.  So we've all been home.  I took the week off too.

I was due a vacation -- it's been at least 5 years since I took a week straight, and I've had sufficient stress in my life recently that I was able to justify goofing off all week to myself.  Also, I needed some time to contemplate my next move.  I think I've decided.

Anyhow, I took a nice hike today along the Kentucky River Pallisades.  After that I stopped at the Camp Nelson National Cemetary and saw a bunch of Civil War graves.  Things are astoundingly green here, plus the forsythia and tulip trees are all in bloom.  Jonquils are everywhere.  It's very nice.

Monday, I go back to work with a vengance.
Title: Real Work Makes Me Tired
Post by: wombat on April 09, 2005, 11:24:17 am
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"


I think that's because of people. Every job I ever had would have been so much better if it weren't for those damn co-workers and supervisors.


Oh man, truer words were never spoken.

I thought it was because zoo people aren't people people.  I guess I feel a little better to know it's true all over and some other kind of job wouldn't solve the problem.
Title: Real Work Makes Me Tired
Post by: slink on April 09, 2005, 02:56:27 pm
And braindead. I don't have the effort to do much once I get home anymore. It's just the time I'm not working. But it kicks ass. It's like being a kid again, when I wanted so much to be a real web monkey. And then I gave up on that and yet it transpires.
Title: Real Work Makes Me Tired
Post by: AlohaDawg on April 09, 2005, 11:34:53 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Hmm.  I'm at the opposite point.  I've just completed my first week of unemployment.  It's spring break here, so the kids have been off school and Mrs. West took a weeks vacation.  So we've all been home.  I took the week off too.

I was due a vacation -- it's been at least 5 years since I took a week straight, and I've had sufficient stress in my life recently that I was able to justify goofing off all week to myself.  Also, I needed some time to contemplate my next move.  I think I've decided.

Anyhow, I took a nice hike today along the Kentucky River Pallisades.  After that I stopped at the Camp Nelson National Cemetary and saw a bunch of Civil War graves.  Things are astoundingly green here, plus the forsythia and tulip trees are all in bloom.  Jonquils are everywhere.  It's very nice.

Monday, I go back to work with a vengance.


You're going to enlist in a Kentucky Civil War Reenactment brigade?
Can you make money at that?

Seriously, glad to know it's not going to be a big deal transition for you. However, getting fired and then on Monday, going back to work "with a vengeance" is sometimes a pretty bad thing....Stay off the Beach, Pat!
Title: Real Work Makes Me Tired
Post by: side_show on April 11, 2005, 04:48:36 pm
I've been at my desk for 3 hours and I've honestly done less than 1 hr of work.
Title: Real Work Makes Me Tired
Post by: Bozack on April 11, 2005, 04:51:40 pm
Quote from: "side_show"
I've been at my desk for 3 hours and I've honestly done less than 1 hr of work.



Good, gooood. Keep on slackin', man!
Title: Real Work Makes Me Tired
Post by: slink on April 11, 2005, 07:34:55 pm
Didn't do a whole lot today. Well, that's a lie. Tomorrow I get to spend half the day installing XP and various design programs on my formerly home computer. Thus, even more not working. Shucks.