The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: cellardoor on April 12, 2005, 09:04:44 am

Title: What, Asshole? - 12/04/05
Post by: cellardoor on April 12, 2005, 09:04:44 am
Wow, Ray really is quite dumb.
Note Lyle fixin' that machine and the eyebrows, oh lord, THE EYEBROWS!
Title: What, Asshole? - 12/04/05
Post by: Beatrice on April 12, 2005, 12:23:36 pm
All you need is a WRENCH and a PAPER SHREDDER to make SWEET JOINTS.  I think I am taking a trip to Office Depot today.  Thanks Onstad!
Title: What, Asshole? - 12/04/05
Post by: cellardoor on April 12, 2005, 12:47:07 pm
Or watch The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou.
Bill Murray makes hella jays!
Also, fine, fine stoned acting!
Title: What, Asshole? - 12/04/05
Post by: Turbo Ninja on April 12, 2005, 01:51:08 pm
The best part is when Ray starts to respond to Lyle's "toilet cams" question before really letting it sink in.

Toilet cams?  What the hell is wrong with you, Lyle?  Why would you even THINK of that?

I do not think I will be buying a signed and framed copy of this strip.
Title: What, Asshole? - 12/04/05
Post by: V-Adore on April 12, 2005, 02:26:42 pm
I just love the synthesis here of Lyle's puerile cunning -- his intrinsic knowledge of toilet-related prankery, as it were -- and Ray's serene cluelessness about it. Also, the alt text totally wins at everything. Ray really did get a bad start, didn't he?
Title: What, Asshole? - 12/04/05
Post by: CortJstr on April 12, 2005, 04:29:09 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Also, the alt text totally wins at everything. Ray really did get a bad start, didn't he?

Ray, master of the affectation.
Title: What, Asshole? - 12/04/05
Post by: Bozack on April 12, 2005, 04:30:37 pm
Alternative title:
"I Got Technique."
Title: What, Asshole? - 12/04/05
Post by: foolio on April 12, 2005, 07:04:00 pm
Quote from: "Beatrice"
All you need is a WRENCH and a PAPER SHREDDER to make SWEET JOINTS.  I think I am taking a trip to Office Depot today.  Thanks Onstad!


It's a paper folder, not a shredder. Lyle is cocking it up to roll joints.

original strip (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03292005)
Title: What, Asshole? - 12/04/05
Post by: antioch on April 13, 2005, 04:28:49 am
I like how Lyle cranks the same nut for the whole strip.
Title: What, Asshole? - 12/04/05
Post by: MattFish on April 13, 2005, 05:50:22 am
this is classic sarcastic Lyle, right here

and the alt text is either hilarious or decidedly lacking, I can't figure out which
Title: What, Asshole? - 12/04/05
Post by: filas on April 13, 2005, 08:04:11 am
what does he mean "D" in typing?
i get the aftermarket tailpipe --> or as lil nephew calls them "rice mobiles"

does a "D" in typing mean like the bad kid in school or the kid who's better at typing than Lyle because the kid is able to get a "D" in the class?

a D in typing means Japan Man is the bad kid in school because people from japan are supposed to be excellent typists, is that it?
Title: What, Asshole? - 12/04/05
Post by: pmcd9 on April 13, 2005, 12:45:51 pm
Quote from: "Mattgiraffe"
and the alt text is either hilarious or decidedly lacking, I can't figure out which

If you're unsure it's obviously the latter, I however disagree.

~Paul
Title: What, Asshole? - 12/04/05
Post by: arkabee on April 13, 2005, 01:10:41 pm
Quote from: "filas"
what does he mean "D" in typing?
i get the aftermarket tailpipe --> or as lil nephew calls them "rice mobiles"

does a "D" in typing mean like the bad kid in school or the kid who's better at typing than Lyle because the kid is able to get a "D" in the class?

a D in typing means Japan Man is the bad kid in school because people from japan are supposed to be excellent typists, is that it?


cuz script kiddies (4|\|7 7YP3.
Title: What, Asshole? - 12/04/05
Post by: St_Zartan on April 13, 2005, 02:08:54 pm
I think Lyle is almost certain that this Japan Man character has a Personal Homepage exactly like this (http://membersc.asianavenue.com/AzN_FlY_GuY2000/).

When I see the English language in a state like this, that's when I reach for my revolver.
Title: What, Asshole? - 12/04/05
Post by: jough on April 13, 2005, 02:42:18 pm
Quote from: "St_Zartan"

When I see the English language in a state like this, that's when I reach for my revolver.


To shoot out the screen a la Elvis, or to turn the weapon on yourself because after seeing something like that there's no way you'll be able to return to living your life?
Title: What, Asshole? - 12/04/05
Post by: Beatrice on April 13, 2005, 08:52:44 pm
Quote from: "foolio"
Quote from: "Beatrice"
All you need is a WRENCH and a PAPER SHREDDER to make SWEET JOINTS.  I think I am taking a trip to Office Depot today.  Thanks Onstad!


It's a paper folder, not a shredder. Lyle is cocking it up to roll joints.

original strip (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03292005)


My bad.  I was real high.



Edit: Azn PRYDE!
Title: What, Asshole? - 12/04/05
Post by: antioch on April 13, 2005, 10:25:25 pm
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
I think Lyle is almost certain that this Japan Man character has a Personal Homepage exactly like this (http://membersc.asianavenue.com/AzN_FlY_GuY2000/).

When I see the English language in a state like this, that's when I reach for my revolver.


I have always wondered what he said right there.
Title: What, Asshole? - 12/04/05
Post by: MattFish on April 14, 2005, 03:45:02 am
Quote from: "antioch"
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
I think Lyle is almost certain that this Japan Man character has a Personal Homepage exactly like this (http://membersc.asianavenue.com/AzN_FlY_GuY2000/).

When I see the English language in a state like this, that's when I reach for my revolver.


I have always wondered what he said right there.


He doth cruise with yonder Azn Peepo.