The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: keef on August 19, 2003, 01:19:24 pm

Title: SHOW ME YOUR HOOTERS
Post by: keef on August 19, 2003, 01:19:24 pm
(http://www.keef.net/images/200307/hooters2.jpg)

yes, I took this picture.

no, it is not photoshopped.

yes, i want to be a trucker when I grow up.
Title: SHOW ME YOUR HOOTERS
Post by: ferocious j on August 19, 2003, 05:51:59 pm
You've gotta love that misplaced apostrophe.

[cintra wilson] Like one of those depressing singles bars with an embarrassing name in pink neon with an even more embarrassing misplaced apostrophe, like "Whisper's" or something. [/cintra wilson]
Title: SHOW ME YOUR HOOTERS
Post by: V-Adore on August 19, 2003, 06:06:36 pm
See, this is funny and all until some sorority girls on a Spring Break road trip, all liquored up on wine coolers and feeling their free spirits on a long boring stretch of I-80, all flash the guy at once and he runs the truck off the road, all blinded and dazed with an overdose of hooter(')s. Or he manages to get his truck safely into Council Bluffs before taking out the handgun in his glovebox and blowing himself away, because he knows that it will never be that good again.

Then... well, okay, it's still kind of funny. But different.
Title: SHOW ME YOUR HOOTERS
Post by: keef on August 19, 2003, 07:31:45 pm
Quote from: "ferocious j"
You've gotta love that misplaced apostrophe.


heh.

Yeah, that's why i posted it originally-- it was in that forum where we were all talking about proper grammar and punctuation.

I blogged about it right after I saw it.  Here's the whole truck:

(http://www.keef.net/images/200307/hooters1.jpg)

As you can see, the right mudflap is empty, providing a horrible asymmetry.  So I came up with some suggestions for possible messages to go on the right mudflap:

PLUS I AM NOT WEARING ANY PANT'S!

I AM ON FOUR DIFFERENT KINDS OF METHAMPHETAMINE'S!

PLEASE NO GIRL'S WITH MASTECTOMY'S!
Title: truckin’
Post by: satchel on August 19, 2003, 08:35:50 pm
I wonder if he ever gets flashed.

At my job, I talk to truckers all day every day.
Title: SHOW ME YOUR HOOTERS
Post by: ferocious j on August 19, 2003, 09:11:51 pm
Quote from: "Asherdan"
If you assume english readers are going to work from left to right the logical progression for the other flap is:

NOW SHOW YOUR ASS

No, it would be NOW SHOW YOU'RE ASS
Title: SHOW ME YOUR HOOTERS
Post by: Nabubrush on August 23, 2003, 05:27:35 pm
Maybe it's a request to other truckers to show the Hooter's girls that the other truckers have kidnapped and and drugged and put into the sleepers of their trucks.

My feeling (as an English major and person who is gradually gaining control over his overly pedantic tendencies) is that you could write "Hooters girls" or "Hooter's girls". And I like how, because I wrote this little explanation to forestall any discussion over my original comment, any amusement conveyed therein has been preemptively destroyed.

And, on looking at the picture again, it strikes me that if he was really making this request to the girls on the interstate (as opposed to his fellow truckers), he would have a sticker that said "girls, make my day".
Title: SHOW ME YOUR HOOTERS
Post by: slink on August 23, 2003, 07:11:40 pm
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
he would have a sticker that said "girls, make my day".


Possibly, "girls, make my day...", to show that he is continuing as well.
Man why did I have to get involved in this!