The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: AugustWest on April 18, 2005, 04:08:19 am
-
I guess I'm behind on some of the blogs. I just noticed Beef's trip to the mall. What an excellent piece of writing. I've had those same feelings of despair while out shopping.
Also, I have to admit that I share Mr. Bear's woody for Lauren Graham. My wife and daughters have exposed me to the Gilmores and dang but that Lorelai is hot. Then I caught a big chunk of Bad Santa and got to see the skanky version. Yikes!
OK, I think I've said too much.
-
Also, I have to admit that I share Mr. Bear's woody for Lauren Graham. My wife and daughters have exposed me to the Gilmores and dang but that Lorelai is hot. Then I caught a big chunk of Bad Santa and got to see the skanky version. Yikes!
OK, I think I've said too much.
Do you get to see more skin in the "fuck me santa fuck me santa" scene?
For a while I've read Mr. Bear's lines in the voice of Edward Herrmann, so I'm not at all surprised that Mr. Bear takes to him so well. I think we've even talked about that on the board, and someone else suggested Stephen Fry.
"After I mourned her, others naturally followed in time, among them a spicy little political doyenne of Thai extraction, and a curvaceous Argentinian who ensnared me in a twisted web of tango and torrid jealousy."
Go Cornelius!
-
We all knew Ray's date would manage to fail spectacularly but at least she didn't throw up in his mouth. I expected him to get arrested.
-
I misread Chris's blog, and in my head, it sounded like he was claiming that his daughter had said "K-mart" as HER first word. I caught myself marvelling at the obvious genius of that kid right out of the gates.
Upon reflection, it just makes sense that Chris's first word was something like "K-Mart." It just... makes... sense.
Mine: "cookie"
-
My first words were "uh-oh, spaghettio," which is suitably portentious for my entire life. My brother's first word was "McDonalds."
I love Rays dates.
-
"no"
-
I was one of those kids who didn't really start talking until I could make full sentences. So sue me.
I'm rather glad that this bad date was at least different from other bad Ray dates. Had there been more alcohol and vague illegality, I would have been unhappy, to say the least.
-
Lizzie del Vaca's first word was "nose."
-
Mine was "ball." How lame.
-
I think mine was "duck". That's pretty generic.
-
I wish I knew what my first word was. I suspect my baby's first word will be "Buffy".
-
I don't know what my first word was. It was long long ago and I was very young at the time.
-
My mother tells me that I waited to talk until they were on the verge of getting worried, then looked a baby sitter straight in the eye and said "sit down and shut up" which is what they were always saying to the dog.
-
My mother tells me that I waited to talk until they were on the verge of getting worried, then looked a baby sitter straight in the eye and said "sit down and shut up" which is what they were always saying to the dog.
Now that's funny.
-
(http://www.bigfool.com/huuugs/deadbodies.jpg)
-
Philippe is not allowed out of the house?
-
Huh. I didn't know they actually used automatic trash trucks like that. I saw the one on Monster Garage but never on an actual street. All the garbage men I've seen do grab the trash can/recycling bin and dump in manually. And those bins are so tiny I didn't even know they could be manipulated hydraulically.
-
pat, truly, is a dick.
pat? you are a dick, and i fuck*ng hate you.
let me guess, pat, you'd prefer the garbagemen to tote a 30 gallon can on their shoulder, and shuffle soundlessly from house to house, carefully and painstakingly transferring your trash from your can to the increasingly pungent and odorous can on their shoulder.
forgot to put the lid on your can? rain last night? your can is now full of water and trash and maggots?
no problem for you, right, you don't even have to get the can to the curb. just have your fry cook pour it into his can and tote it over his shoulder as the effluvia and maggots slosh out and onto his head and shoulders.
all the while creeping along in feet wrapped in blankets so that your beautific slumber is uninterrupted.
you'd like that pat, wouldn't you you son of a bitch?
well why don't you move here, asshole.
pat, just, just, fuck you pat, fuck you and die.
-
He'd change his tune if MOBY decided to become a garbageman.
-
Arkabee, stay off the beach.
-
"Prada sarong"? I'm afraid to even Google this.
-
"Prada sarong"? I'm afraid to even Google this.
No, she's right. It exists, I'm sure. And half of the girls that go to my school probably have it, and they all decided to get it because of the Cosmo article.
This is what happens when a DESIGN school turns out to be a FASHION school.
-
Nice to know Roast Beef is an Arrested Development fan. The world needs more of us.
-
Nice to know Roast Beef is an Arrested Development fan. The world needs more of us.
Just give up. It's best you not get your hopes up for a third season. It's going to be cancelled.
-
Ha! I e-mailed my mom and dad and asked them what my first word was. My mom said she remembered it like it was yesterday: "Mom". My dad said he remembered it like it was yesterday: "Dada". That was just too funny--I had to forward their responses to each other.
-
My parent's don't seem to know what my first word is, but whenever quizzed, they seem to think it would be 'fuck off' or some such. I was rather an evil child. Good to start out how you mean to go on and all.
-
Nice to know Roast Beef is an Arrested Development fan. The world needs more of us.
Just give up. It's best you not get your hopes up for a third season. It's going to be cancelled.
NEVER
-
Remember Sports Night?
Yeah.
-
My first word was 'pie' (I pointed and said this when someone opened the fridge), but apparently I meant the whipped cream that goes on the pie... not the pie itself.
-
Remember Sports Night?
Yeah.
You guys are so cruel. Can't I continue living my lie in peace?
-
You guys are so cruel. Can't I continue living my lie in peace?
Note the "RETURNS THIS SUMMER" featured prominently and repeatedly on the official website. (http://fox.com/arresteddev/)
I also enjoy this show, and would like to see much more of it.
Also: remember when the makers of Sledge Hammer! were so sure that the show was getting cancelled that they ended the season with Sledge fuck*ng up and setting off an atomic bomb? Because that was ballsy, and awesome, and then they got renewed anyway.
TRUST ME, I KNOW WHAT I'M DOING
-
You guys are so cruel. Can't I continue living my lie in peace?
Note the "RETURNS THIS SUMMER" featured prominently and repeatedly on the official website. (http://fox.com/arresteddev/)
WE RETURN TUESDAY
-
Note the "RETURNS THIS SUMMER" featured prominently and repeatedly on the official website. (http://fox.com/arresteddev/)
Yeah, I noticed that. Summer reruns are a good sign that it will probably be renewed. I'm just worried it won't get its timeslot back from the Seth MacFarlane Shitstorm when next season rolls around. It would just be salt on the wound if Arrested Development got exiled to tuesday nights just so they could show some goddamned Family Guy and American Dad reruns after the Simpsons.
-
It would just be salt on the wound if Arrested Development got exiled to tuesday nights just so they could show some goddamned Family Guy and American Dad reruns after the Simpsons.
It's only recently that I've realized that everybody does not like Family Guy.
Just please don't put me in a position where I have to choose between it and Arrested Development.
-
I'm in the Family Guy = not funny camp. Arrested Development is better, but I wouldn't miss it if it were gone. They need to bring back Futurama dammit.
~Paul
-
I'm still writing letters so they'll bring back "Ned & Stacey" and "Flying Blind" (Tea Leoni was the sexiest woman to ever be in a TV show, and she's never looked as good since that show, for whatever reason).
-
And it looks like Google really is spidering these pages (at least for Adsense). The banner was for new episodes of Family Guy.
Sweet!
However, I am also of the camp who found that show insipid and can't believe it's as popular as it is. I mean, I can understand why something insipid is popular - people are morons - but like, I can understand why "Mad About You" was popular, yet insipid, but Family Guy isn't even dumb funny, it's just unfunny.
Rosanne = dumb funny (not really funny but dumb people think it is because the jokes aren't too hard to figure out)
Family Guy = unfunny (jokes not present)
-
I wouldn't say Family Guy is solid gold but I definitely think it's pretty funny. Certainly funnier than most of the Futuramas I've seen (I tend to catch them both in close proximity on cartoon network, when I'm home and have a TV).
-
I used to like Family Guy. then Fox cancelled it. Then Adult Swim picked it up and played the less than 70 episodes twice a day, five days a week. The more I watched it, the more I saw that the show wasn't very good. When you see it so much, you realize Seth MacFarlane's humor is maybe the most disposable on TV. It does not hold up to repeat viewings and no one in 10 years is going to think it's funny. Not to mention the characters are bland and 2 dimensional both design and personality-wise.
On the other hand, the audience doesn't seem to be very loyal, so I wonder if Fox won't end up cancelling it, what, a fourth time now?
-
Anything that mocks the south automatically receives a few positive points. But in general I liked it best when it mocked what I expected to happen, thanks to years of crappy sit-coms. Like redirecting the parade and Peter actually having an orchestra to play sappy music.
And I still laugh every time I hear the "god help you if I find pickles!" line.
Now I've yet to detect even basic humor particles in King of the Hill or Tom Goes to the Mayor. They manged to even make Edward Herrmann non-entertaining.
-
I'm still writing letters so they'll bring back "Ned & Stacey" and "Flying Blind" (Tea Leoni was the sexiest woman to ever be in a TV show, and she's never looked as good since that show, for whatever reason).
Me, I'm still mad about Grand (http://www.tvtome.com/Grand/).
-
I didn't know Grand, although am I alone in thinking Bonnie Hunt is way hotter than her sister?
Also, I think Rena Sofer is about one of the sexiest women on the planet, and am always disappointed when yet another show she's in is cancelled.
-
Futurama is excellent. Family Guy, I can kind of understand why people wouldn't like it, and I didn't first time I watched it, but then I warmed to it.
-
I didn't know Grand, although am I alone in thinking Bonnie Hunt is way hotter than her sister?
If you're talking about Helen Hunt, I don't think the rumor of them being related is actually true.
If you're talking about some other Hunt, who are you talking about?
-
If you're talking about some other Hunt, who are you talking about?
Mike?
-
Oh wow, that's wild. I always thought Bonnie and Helen Hunt were sisters. Heck, they even look like they're related.
Bonnie DOES have a sister Helen, but she's not an actress.
Amazing the things you can learn on this here internet.
Anyway, I much prefer Bonnie to Helen, as Hunts go.
-
Oh wow, that's wild. I always thought Bonnie and Helen Hunt were sisters. Heck, they even look like they're related.
Bonnie DOES have a sister Helen, but she's not an actress.
Amazing the things you can learn on this here internet.
Anyway, I much prefer Bonnie to Helen, as Hunts go.
This conversation is begging for a typo. Or a "Mike"
-
..."Flying Blind" (Tea Leoni was the sexiest woman to ever be in a TV show, and she's never looked as good since that show, for whatever reason).
Dammit, that I agree with that either clears me of all charges or labels me as batshit. Either way, that broad could really stir pickles.
I just saw Spanglish. She looked good but Paz Vega looked better. Damn.
-
Yeah, Paz Vega is just DAZZLING. But Tea Leoni is still going strong. Did you see her doing that yoga in the movie where she held herself up while wrapped up like a pretzel? Very strong, very flexible, just how we likes 'em.
-
So does Beef measure his nails (claws?) or what? They grow so slowly, how can he even tell?
Semicolon!
At this point, I'm actively trying to be entertaining for the people who read this thread before the actual blogs.
-
I would never have believed it possible to find someone so willing and able to initiate a tranny into gender-altered sex. But then, along comes Lyle.
Who knew?
-
Lyle's entry is confusing. Any sane trans woman would never call herself "Bill"...
Or did Lyle get it on with the manager, "Bill"? I didn't know he had it in him...
-
Lyle's entry is confusing. Any sane trans woman would never call herself "Bill"...
Or did Lyle get it on with the manager, "Bill"? I didn't know he had it in him...
I presume Bill the tranny just hasn't picked a female name yet. (And I can't blame him. What does Bill even convert to? Wilhelmina?)
-
Billie Jean, DUH!
The girl is not my lover.
-
Billie Jean, DUH!
The girl is not my lover.
I would certainly hope not. If she is, well, you're typing remarkably soberly, Lyle.
-
I loved reading Teodor's blog. Those fuck*ng Discovery Channel people. Every time they run something about the crab giraffeermen up in Elbonia, we get flooded with phone calls from idiots who saw the show and think that they can get a job making a million dollars for five days' work if they call City Hall. BRILLIANT.
-
$58/month? Damn. I was thinking I need a new car, as mine is for suck in the snow (but it looks purty). Maybe I should look into a Civic.
-
Chris' Blog: "its probably healthier for the baby if I use a separate car for buying french fries"
sometimes its hard to justify things, sometimes its not so hard.
for example if you like to buy old records, you find reasons that you NEED to buy another one. one common reason is: "its a good price" like the civic or "i'll resell it for a profit" like when you find an effed up copy of something after you saw a mint copy of it go on ebay or gem for $58.
-
Was Marlon Brando ever sexy and fat at the same time?
-
Was Marlon Brando ever sexy and fat at the same time?
Do not question the logic of Ray. In fact, let's just keep "logic" and "Ray" in separate paragraphs whenever possible.
If I were Greg I'd keep the new cook on just to make Pat go away. That seems like the easiest solution.
-
Sometimes Pat reminds me a little too much of my father-in-law. :|
-
Oh, poor Philippe.
And would it kill Teodor to update his blog? What else is he doing with his time except watching porn and halfway dying?
Edit: Hey, it's May. Someone split this thread.