The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: toddster on April 19, 2005, 08:14:25 am
-
Not my first choice for a subject line, but it's hard to translate Beef's facial expression in panel 7 into text.
It is, however, the exact same facial expression I had upon reading the strip. Good heavens.
-
A tour de force!
From Beef's enormous joy at discovering the "future dead person"shirt to the thousand yard stare of panel seven...I'll put down my cognac and pipe to applaud *claps hands together*
-
That is... that is just disturbing. I can almost hear the crinkling of the bag as little Beef's flailing arms strain the plastic, crying his little eyes out, sweating.
I need a shower.
-
The world needs "What the HELL People" onesies
-
I hate novelty baby clothes. I feel bad that the kid doesn't have a choice.
-
I hate novelty baby clothes. I feel bad that the kid doesn't have a choice.
Yes.
But that having been said:
If he sold "Future dead person" onesies I would buy one for my new baby.
-
Haha, I just noticed the extension cord around his neck. Distubing x2.
-
I wish I had never seen this strip.
I also wish I had never seen the new Disney Channel "The Doodlebops." Do not watch it; do not let your kids watch it. It will make you respect the Wiggles.
-
I also wish I had never seen the new Disney Channel "The Doodlebops." Do not watch it; do not let your kids watch it. It will make you respect the Wiggles.
Wow. Just... wow.
Once again, a strip made entirely by the changing facial expressions and the final panel visual. I love Molly's slow change from pride to disgust, too.
-
Molly, do you even have to ask?
-
The "...I AIN'T BUGGIN'", in a pitch-perfect font, with that tacky little bug appliqué, is what I keep going back to.
It is humorous.
Can a line of Charlie Sheen "Private Restaurant" vanity onesies be far behind? New Millennium Thinkers like Faith Popcorn and Edward de Bono say "no".
-
Actually, I would kind of like a future dead person T-shirt. I know you read these things, Onstad. I'd buy one.
-
Actually, I would kind of like a future dead person T-shirt.
Dorothy Gambrell has something similar (http://catandgirl.com/store.php).
Just sayin'.
-
The last panel is almost physically painful to look at.
-
Actually, I would kind of like a future dead person T-shirt.
Dorothy Gambrell has something similar (http://catandgirl.com/store.php).
Just sayin'.
Yeah, but I like the direct simplicity of future dead person, plus the "I'm with stupid" type arrow.
-
I wish I had never seen this strip.
I also wish I had never seen the new Disney Channel "The Doodlebops." Do not watch it; do not let your kids watch it. It will make you respect the Wiggles.
The Wiggles just passed up Nicole Kidman, Russell Crowe, AC/DC, and many others to become the highest paid entertainers in Australia last year. You must respect the Wiggles. Also they are building a theme park.
Respect the Wiggles!
-
Yeah, I was thinking that "Future Dead Person" ain't just for babies.
-
The Wiggles just passed up Nicole Kidman, Russell Crowe, AC/DC, and many others to become the highest paid entertainers in Australia last year. You must respect the Wiggles. Also they are building a theme park.
Respect the Wiggles!
When the Wiggles did a live show here in DC a year or two ago, an article about them in the Post mentioned the presence of groupies in their hotel lobby. Not bad-looking guys, obviously good with kids, filthy rich... yeah, every single MILF in town would be on the prowl.
-
The last panel is almost physically painful to look at.
This, this is what I was trying to figure out how to express.
-
I saw a baby clothing thing with "I Might Barf" printed on it. I thought that was cute. They also had one emblazoned, "New," and a pair which had david bowie and blondie printed on them. However, I doubt I'll ever find anything as classy as the one I saw back home that read, "My mom is easy."
-
We get catalogs that offer lil' T-shirts that say, "Warning: I am Two." (also, "Warning: I am Three.") This is funny and useful.
-
We get catalogs that offer lil' T-shirts that say, "Warning: I am Two." (also, "Warning: I am Three.") This is funny and useful.
See, this seems like a good thing to be able to label your child as. It's funny, helpful to the world (or at least that section of it worried about toddlers), and not weirdly insulting to anyone involved.
"My Mom's Easy" just strikes me as tasteless without actually being all that funny.
-
The fact that Onstad has a newborn in the house gives this strip extra ZING!
-
The fact that Onstad has a newborn in the house gives this strip extra ZING!
No offense, Agnes, but you appear to have successfully "gotten the joke."
Since, see, Beef is buying the baby garments for Onstad's baby.
Yeah.
-
I'm not sure I like this making fun of people who point out the obvious.
Mostly because it means that I am likely to be made fun of in the future.
-
I WIN!
I actually did get the "joke," or rather the "plot context," but what was zingy to me was the fact that new-dad Onstad spent some time envisioning a baby wrapped up in a Wonder bread bag w/cord, maybe even using his own baby as a model, maybe doing the thing where artists hold up their thumb and close one eye.
-
I WIN!
I actually did get the "joke," or rather the "plot context," but what was zingy to me was the fact that new-dad Onstad spent some time envisioning a baby wrapped up in a Wonder bread bag w/cord, maybe even using his own baby as a model, maybe doing the thing where artists hold up their thumb and close one eye.
Okay, you're forgiven. That image is funny as hell.
"What do you think, honey? Do you think it'd be funnier if it were an eight-foot extension cord? ... Look, I'll take her out of the bread bag in a second, I'm following my muse."
-
Mostly because it means that I am likely to be made fun of in the future.
Well, DUH!
-
I think what helps it work, for me, is that Beef's not doing the standard "Waaaa!" but "Waaaaugh!" which makes it sound even more frantic.
-
Mostly because it means that I am likely to be made fun of in the future.
Well, DUH!
Well played.
-
We get catalogs that offer lil' T-shirts that say, "Warning: I am Two." (also, "Warning: I am Three.") This is funny and useful.
See, this seems like a good thing to be able to label your child as. It's funny, helpful to the world (or at least that section of it worried about toddlers), and not weirdly insulting to anyone involved.
"My Mom's Easy" just strikes me as tasteless without actually being all that funny.
They should sell "My Mom's Easy" onesies as two-pack with maternity clothes. Preferably ones that say "MYLF" or something equally tasteless.
-
The last panel is almost physically painful to look at.
Yep. And it made me flash on something, but I couldn't place exactly what until just now. Eraserhead.
-
My friend just shared with me his orginal interpretation of the strip's last panel. Beef had put Molly into a plastic bag and choked her with a chord. My friend first saw the strip at 8:00 am, and he has D-Lynched it up more than anyone I know. Try and see things through his eyes - and Beef's thundo mi stare gets way more intense.
-
Oh, yeah, THAT makes it better.
-
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v690/eteichmann/TITFOOD.gif)
use it for such as a buddy icon
-
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v690/eteichmann/TITFOOD.gif)
use it for such as a buddy icon
Jough, I humbly request my title be changed to 'Future Dead Person'.
-
The tip jar's a little dusty, Bobby, but don't let that dissuade you.