The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: foolio on April 21, 2005, 07:30:15 am
-
What on earth is Beef doing in the last panel? Retching at the thought that Ray has just used one of the positions on him?
-
I do believe he is freaking out.
And rightfully so...#73! Trying out positions on a hetero life-partner is just weird.
And funny.
-
I wouldn't like a thonged cat doing that to me o_O
-
First he is alarmed by the full-body contact. Then he is freaking out because his best friend is having Esquire Magazine's 73d-favorite sex with him (in a clothed and physiologically non-optimized kind of way) and he didn't even realize it.
-
I read it that Ray made the comment in the last panel to purposely weird Beef out and now he won't let go. I'm thinking that in panel 8 he even says it's the Upstanding Librarian and basically just keeps talking about it until Beef finally squirms free.
And as I've said before: with Beef it's all about the lower lip.
-
Is this the first time we've seen the back of Ray's thong? It's kinda creeping me out.
-
Is this the first time we've seen the back of Ray's thong? It's kinda creeping me out.
I don't know if it is, but it is creepy. This is where the tagging system would come in handy, perhaps.
The underlined "fun" in the little birthday note does it for me.
-
It's one of the first extended back-of-the-thong shots, as far as I know. That said, I don't really want to go look.
Beef appears to be hell of freaking, which is exactly the correct reaction when being hugged in an Esquiresexual position by one's hetero-lifemate. I mean, why would Ray possibly tell Beef that this was a sexual position? Is this his way of finally admitting, God help him, extremely fanfictional urges?
Man, now I'm making that face.
-
this is the best comic strip ever since the last best comic strip ever.
this also was the first achewood strip to make me bust out laughing, which i needed given the realtor saying "#### you" and the cat going to the vet.
-
Please note that Beef is struggling and grimacing in almost exactly the same way he did when he was naught but an unfortunate infant in a Wonder Bread bag.
Born under a bad sign, he was.
-
This one made me bust out laughing too, Ark. Sorry to hear you are having a tough day.
Beef's expression is classic of course, but what made the strip for me was Ray's inscription. "Have fun having sex, Dude."
-
Beef's expression is classic of course, but what made the strip for me was Ray's inscription. "Have fun having sex, Dude."
indeed, such that Ray is worried that Beef would not be having fun.
sadly, this might point out that Ray is the World's Best Friend. Who other than Roast Beef would most likely _not_ have fun having sex, and who other than Ray would most likely seek to remind that person that having fun is the thing to do.
everytime Ray does something useless and stupid, and i begin to disdain him, he does something so genuine (albeit "oooh eee oooh eee" out there...) that i grow fond of him again.
-
Is this the first time we've seen the back of Ray's thong? It's kinda creeping me out.
It's not. It also contradicts previous rear-views which showed a Y-shaped contraption to allow for his tail. Saddly I don't have time to provide links just now.
-
Roast Beef's birthday is tomorrow:
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04222002
-
Beef's expression is classic of course, but what made the strip for me was Ray's inscription. "Have fun having sex, Dude."
indeed, such that Ray is worried that Beef would not be having fun.
sadly, this might point out that Ray is the World's Best Friend. Who other than Roast Beef would most likely _not_ have fun having sex, and who other than Ray would most likely seek to remind that person that having fun is the thing to do.
Indeed, that dimension of humor hadn't even occurred to me. If there's anybody in the world that could have sex and not have fun at it, it would be Beef.
-
Is this the first time we've seen the back of Ray's thong? It's kinda creeping me out.
If we had a tagging database with the keywords "back, ray, thong" we'd know this.
I'm just saying.
-
Is this the first time we've seen the back of Ray's thong? It's kinda creeping me out.
By no means. Drunk and passed out in the Best Western in Hell for one... Having just read Vol 4 again that's the only one I remember, although maybe dancing with Lazarus had another, but it's certainly not the first.
Oh, and Beef's look of pure revulsion in the last panel is fantastic, and justified, may I add.
-
It also contradicts previous rear-views which showed a Y-shaped contraption to allow for his tail.
Where is Ray's tail???
-
It also contradicts previous rear-views which showed a Y-shaped contraption to allow for his tail.
Where is Ray's tail???
He tucks it in and it sticks out one of the leg holes. It's kind of like what would happen if Ron Jeremy wore briefs.
I am so sorry for saying that.
-
It also contradicts previous rear-views which showed a Y-shaped contraption to allow for his tail.
Where is Ray's tail???
He tucks it in and it sticks out one of the leg holes. It's kind of like what would happen if Ron Jeremy wore briefs.
I am so sorry for saying that.
Sigh. There's a special hole (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03072002) just for his tail (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12092003). Unless this he's finally purchased a 2nd thong, but I doubt he'd but one without this crucial feature.
It just occurred to me that Ray has 1 thong (hence Todd's theft upsetting him so) while Beef bought 365 pairs of briefs. The degree to which they are opposites continues to amaze me.
-
It also contradicts previous rear-views which showed a Y-shaped contraption to allow for his tail.
Where is Ray's tail???
He tucks it in and it sticks out one of the leg holes. It's kind of like what would happen if Ron Jeremy wore briefs.
I am so sorry for saying that.
Sigh. There's a special hole (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03072002) just for his tail (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12092003). Unless this he's finally purchased a 2nd thong, but I doubt he'd but one without this crucial feature.
It just occurred to me that Ray has 1 thong (hence Todd's theft upsetting him so) while Beef bought 365 pairs of briefs. The degree to which they are opposites continues to amaze me.
Touché.
-
Beef's expression is classic of course, but what made the strip for me was Ray's inscription. "Have fun having sex, Dude."
indeed, such that Ray is worried that Beef would not be having fun.
sadly, this might point out that Ray is the World's Best Friend. Who other than Roast Beef would most likely _not_ have fun having sex, and who other than Ray would most likely seek to remind that person that having fun is the thing to do.
Indeed, that dimension of humor hadn't even occurred to me. If there's anybody in the world that could have sex and not have fun at it, it would be Beef.
I bet Pat would have some complaints about sex.
-
I note to my relief that Ray has his tail in panel 1. Perhaps the last two panels are shot at an extremely odd angle? With an extremely odd new sort of thong? Disturbing, still.
-
I bet Pat would have some complaints about sex.
does pat have actual scientifically defined "fun"?
i posit that roast beef does, but most of the time forgets too.