The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: executioneer on April 21, 2005, 07:39:26 pm

Title: Another Achewood Article
Post by: executioneer on April 21, 2005, 07:39:26 pm
What do you guys think of this one (http://www.advancetitan.com/story.asp?issue=11125&story=3934)?

ps hi
Title: Another Achewood Article
Post by: V-Adore on April 21, 2005, 07:51:34 pm
Pretty clear, if occasionally redundant. It would probably be best to note which interviews precisely the quotations were coming from, though -- otherwise it reads sort of weirdly.

Also, hello!
Title: Another Achewood Article
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on April 21, 2005, 08:18:13 pm
Quote from: "executioneer"
What do you guys think of this one (http://www.advancetitan.com/story.asp?issue=11125&story=3934)?

ps hi


Although his production has understandably slowed somewhat in recent weeks because of the birth of his first child, Onstad still produces an amazing output of Achewood-related material. In addition to writing a new strip every weekday,

I stopped there as it was too fanciful a tale to be told.
Title: Another Achewood Article
Post by: executioneer on April 21, 2005, 09:10:57 pm
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "executioneer"
What do you guys think of this one (http://www.advancetitan.com/story.asp?issue=11125&story=3934)?

ps hi


Although his production has understandably slowed somewhat in recent weeks because of the birth of his first child, Onstad still produces an amazing output of Achewood-related material. In addition to writing a new strip every weekday,

I stopped there as it was too fanciful a tale to be told.


CURSE YOU, NEIL NONAGON
Title: Another Achewood Article
Post by: robot_roll_call on April 21, 2005, 09:18:02 pm
Quote
What do you guys think of this one?


I thought it was good. Hell of a lot better than the Brown article, that's for sure. But then I again I am friends with the author and also I was quoted in it. So I'm 10 kinds of biased here. But I would not allow myself to be quoted in a low quality article, no sir.

Quote
ps hi


Hi, Willie. That's right. I know who you are.
Title: Another Achewood Article
Post by: pmcd9 on April 21, 2005, 09:22:04 pm
This new article deserves it's own thread.  Mod's.....

~Paul
Title: Another Achewood Article
Post by: V-Adore on April 21, 2005, 09:29:23 pm
Quote from: "pmcd9"
This new article deserves it's own thread.  Mod's.....

~Paul

I am to please, as always.
Title: Another Achewood Article
Post by: jough on April 21, 2005, 09:34:32 pm
Thanks for the forum plug, RRC.
Title: Another Achewood Article
Post by: robot_roll_call on April 21, 2005, 09:40:59 pm
Quote from: "jough"
Thanks for the forum plug, RRC.


You're welcome. Really though, not sure how I could have slipped one in there.
Title: Another Achewood Article
Post by: CortJstr on April 21, 2005, 10:14:43 pm
I'm confused, I'm pretty sure a couple of the Onstad quotes were from other interviews so was he actually interviewed for this article or not?
Title: Another Achewood Article
Post by: jough on April 21, 2005, 10:49:43 pm
No, they just wrote a story about Achewood and then lifted Onstad quotes from other interviews (probably without permission from the publications, although who knows).

They claim Onstad provided the images, but again, it's hard to say.  Is this linked from Achewood.com?
Title: Another Achewood Article
Post by: robot_roll_call on April 21, 2005, 11:11:33 pm
I talked to the author. He emailed Onstad several questions. For some of those questions, Onstad just told him to quote other interviews because that's what he would have said anyways. The author also got permission for the images. Onstad said he would link it, which I imagine will occur tomorrow.

And now you know...the rest of the story.
Title: Another Achewood Article
Post by: AugustWest on April 22, 2005, 02:59:00 am
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I am to please, as always.


Hmm... What does this mean?  Does it mean that your purpose is to provide pleasure?  Or does it mean that you are to be pleased?  Please clarify.
Title: Another Achewood Article
Post by: miles on April 22, 2005, 03:20:52 am
I was telling my friend about Achewood, and he said that he seemed to remember reading it in the Stranger, a Seattle alternative weekly.  I thought that he was mistaken.

But maybe not.  Am I the only one that didn't know it is actually syndicated?  Anybody know what papers it is in?
Title: Another Achewood Article
Post by: V-Adore on April 22, 2005, 04:25:22 am
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I am to please, as always.


Hmm... What does this mean?  Does it mean that your purpose is to provide pleasure?  Or does it mean that you are to be pleased?  Please clarify.

Actually, it means that I can't type worth a shit. But I would argue that the two meanings above are not necessarily mutually exclusive.
Title: Another Achewood Article
Post by: Bozack on April 22, 2005, 05:55:34 am
Quote from: "V-Adore"

Actually, it means that I can't type worth a shit. But I would argue that the two meanings above are not necessarily mutually exclusive.




Waaaaaait, so if you aim to please, and you derive pleasure from providing pleasure to others, do you....can you.....Dave's not here, man.