The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Ben-San on April 25, 2005, 07:19:32 am

Title: 4/25/05 - A grunty gin man
Post by: Ben-San on April 25, 2005, 07:19:32 am
Todd has the mysterious power to find Lyle's perfect job, it seems. Does he do this on a regular basis? (The hop-divination, that is.)
Title: 4/25/05 - A grunty gin man
Post by: mrchee on April 25, 2005, 10:13:06 am
this comic is wrong.

"fully healed"........  i will never sleep soundly again
Title: 4/25/05 - A grunty gin man
Post by: wombat on April 25, 2005, 11:08:16 am
Is this how we should have been/should be all looking for jobs?  If only we'd known sooner.
Title: 4/25/05 - A grunty gin man
Post by: starlight on April 25, 2005, 11:44:29 am
Oh that Lyle....
I enjoyed Todd's little hop... I need my own hopping rodent to find me jobs.
Title: 4/25/05 - A grunty gin man
Post by: cellardoor on April 25, 2005, 11:58:02 am
What about two transexuals "doing" each other?
Man, that is soooo confusing!
If you lived in the UK I can only hope you got to see the gender-swap operation live on terrestial tv last week.
And to the rest of you...PLEASE! Take my eyes! Gah!
Title: 4/25/05 - A grunty gin man
Post by: CortJstr on April 25, 2005, 12:52:44 pm
Quote from: "cellardoor"
What about two transexuals "doing" each other?

There are way more M2F than F2M. Although I suppose have each new male service several females would be pretty good training for maleness.
Title: 4/25/05 - A grunty gin man
Post by: cellardoor on April 25, 2005, 01:32:32 pm
I was thinking about pre-op trannies.
Half an' halfs, lady-boys.
And four minutes of Googlin' have shown me that this is not something I should be curious about.
See signature.
Title: 4/25/05 - A grunty gin man
Post by: Golfhaus on April 25, 2005, 02:09:01 pm
Sounds like a pretty sweet job to me. As long as "fully healed" isn't just bait.
Title: 4/25/05 - A grunty gin man
Post by: CortJstr on April 25, 2005, 02:12:23 pm
Quote from: "Golfhaus"
Sounds like a pretty sweet job to me. As long as "fully healed" isn't just bait.

According to Lyle's blog there are still stitches.
Title: 4/25/05 - A grunty gin man
Post by: Emergent_C on April 25, 2005, 03:11:48 pm
Lyle's blog post is the most nasty information overload since Molly's little diatribe about water sports. Shit, that's foul.
Title: 4/25/05 - A grunty gin man
Post by: cellardoor on April 25, 2005, 03:28:11 pm
Squirting isn't peeing dude!
You've got the 'net, go find out!
Title: 4/25/05 - A grunty gin man
Post by: miles on April 25, 2005, 03:47:21 pm
How (and of course, why) do you teach a dog to snore?  My dog did it very well, but I'm certain it wasn't learned behavior.
Title: 4/25/05 - A grunty gin man
Post by: Max on April 25, 2005, 03:52:39 pm
The two half-viewed classifieds definitely made this one for me.

I wish I could get random sums of money for picking up things and taking them to other places.
Title: 4/25/05 - A grunty gin man
Post by: jough on April 25, 2005, 04:15:52 pm
I got the impression that the owner of the object to be moved is not the one placing the ad.  That's a dangerous way to make $400, man.
Title: 4/25/05 - A grunty gin man
Post by: miles on April 25, 2005, 04:45:41 pm
Quote from: "wombat"
Is this how we should have been/should be all looking for jobs?  If only we'd known sooner.


Really.  I wonder if Todd charges much for this service, because I really need a better part-time job, and in about eight months, a real job.  Although I'm afraid to admit here what my perfect job would be.
Title: 4/25/05 - A grunty gin man
Post by: CortJstr on April 25, 2005, 05:20:40 pm
Quote from: "miles"
Although I'm afraid to admit here what my perfect job would be.

Fluffer?
Title: 4/25/05 - A grunty gin man
Post by: miles on April 25, 2005, 05:30:10 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "miles"
Although I'm afraid to admit here what my perfect job would be.

Fluffer?


No, I really don't know what my perject job would be, but I generally shy away from any aspect of the sex industry.

It would probably involve getting high though, and watching TV.
Title: 4/25/05 - A grunty gin man
Post by: V-Adore on April 25, 2005, 05:45:48 pm
Nothing wrong with working in the marijuana-and-TV industry, man. America needs to stay strong in our marijuana consumption and television watching.

The blog is sort of terrifying for its terseness. Just enough detail to be way too much detail, if that makes sense.

Horrible Plot Collision Idea: Ray finds out about this. Things go from there.
Title: 4/25/05 - A grunty gin man
Post by: jough on April 25, 2005, 07:52:36 pm
Quote from: "miles"

It would probably involve getting high though, and watching TV.


http://abc.go.com/primetime/jimmykimmel/tvwatcher.html
Title: 4/25/05 - A grunty gin man
Post by: antioch on April 26, 2005, 08:52:47 pm
I was hoping to read today's Achewood at a lunch restaraunt, but the men have closed all of them.
Title: 4/25/05 - A grunty gin man
Post by: V-Adore on April 26, 2005, 10:35:32 pm
A question that may mark me as insane: does "a grunty gin man" sound like an anagrammed phrase to anyone else? I ran it through the Internet Anagram Server, which gave me nothing in particular (aside from "gyrating annum" and "managing runty," which are both high-quality), but damn.
Title: 4/25/05 - A grunty gin man
Post by: jough on April 26, 2005, 10:44:59 pm
I think he was called that because he grunts and drinks gin.

I swear to god, kids, I have lots and lots of stuff for you to do if you have trouble filling the hours.
Title: 4/25/05 - A grunty gin man
Post by: Max on April 26, 2005, 11:37:54 pm
There are certain things I would do if they would ingratiate me with you people.

We'll talk.
Title: 4/25/05 - A grunty gin man
Post by: V-Adore on April 27, 2005, 12:57:48 am
Oh, I get that "a grunty gin man" is descriptive. It just struck me as weird about it.

Also, thanks to the power of the INTERNET, running anagrams took like a minute and a half of my time. SHOCK, TERROR
Title: 4/25/05 - A grunty gin man
Post by: miles on April 27, 2005, 02:30:31 am
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Also, thanks to the power of the INTERNET, running anagrams took like a minute and a half of my time. SHOCK, TERROR


Jough's just making sure you aren't wasting your precious time, is all.  What a good message board daddy.

Speaking of the power of the INTERNET, I've been hearing lately that America is number 13 in the world when it comes to broadband availability (or something).  Also, I thought I heard that the average speed here is 1.5 mbps or whatever, and that in Japan, it's 25!
Title: 4/25/05 - A grunty gin man
Post by: St_Zartan on April 27, 2005, 02:31:57 am
Quote from: "Max"
There are certain things I would do if they would ingratiate me with you people.


Would you... admit to liking something more than thirty-five people have heard of?

Would you do it for a Klondike bar?
Title: 4/25/05 - A grunty gin man
Post by: Max on April 27, 2005, 02:34:50 am
Yes?
Title: 4/25/05 - A grunty gin man
Post by: Bozack on April 27, 2005, 04:29:12 am
Quote from: "miles"
Also, I thought I heard that the average speed here is 1.5 mbps or whatever, and that in Japan, it's 25!


They also have giant transforming *****s. But it's not all sunshine and roses, my friend; every few years, Godzilla rears his scaly head, and tentacle demons continue to plague the orfices of the population.
Title: 4/25/05 - A grunty gin man
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on April 28, 2005, 01:46:09 pm
Quote from: "miles"
Speaking of the power of the INTERNET, I've been hearing lately that America is number 13 in the world when it comes to broadband availability (or something).


There was an advocacy ad running here a while ago, the cable companies pushing for better regulations for pimping broadband or something.  And they said "The US has less broadband availability than South Korea," spoken with contempt as if South Korea is some kind of third world backwater.  In fact, it's one of the most wired nations on the planet.  Cable companies piss me off.
Title: 4/25/05 - A grunty gin man
Post by: CortJstr on April 28, 2005, 01:50:57 pm
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
Quote from: "miles"
Speaking of the power of the INTERNET, I've been hearing lately that America is number 13 in the world when it comes to broadband availability (or something).

There was an advocacy ad running here a while ago, the cable companies pushing for better regulations for pimping broadband or something.  And they said "The US has less broadband availability than South Korea," spoken with contempt as if South Korea is some kind of third world backwater.  In fact, it's one of the most wired nations on the planet.  Cable companies piss me off.

Seriously. In p2p find a source in South Korea is like gold. Especially those Pruna guys. I've seen dowloads of 100KB/s (yes, bytes) from these people. Then there's the phone companies saying that rather than regulating cable, we should just also not regulate dsl to make things "fair"
Title: 4/25/05 - A grunty gin man
Post by: Gimpson on April 28, 2005, 01:53:35 pm
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
There was an advocacy ad running here a while ago, the cable companies pushing for better regulations for pimping broadband or something.  And they said "The US has less broadband availability than South Korea," spoken with contempt as if South Korea is some kind of third world backwater.  In fact, it's one of the most wired nations on the planet.  Cable companies piss me off.


Plentiful internet, plentiful kimchi...  Why I still live in the US I couldn't tell you.