The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: knightbg on August 20, 2003, 10:45:11 am
-
Yowza.
So onstad is now going to do 5 strips a week, PLUS serializer, PLUS ray's place, PLUS whatever it is he does for the variety hour. there went all of the theories that this was an attempt for him to be more "regular" in strip output by replacing some strips w/ text-only material.
frankly, i'm betting that chris has been having a really good week, you know, the kind where you feel like you can do INSANE work and get shit done. so he's setting high goals for himself. ah well. i give it 2 weeks.
in the meantime, i am intrigued by the forthcoming tuesday "diary" strips.
-brian
-
::grins::
A good one to start off his new regime, erm, schedule, yes... Mark Twain, after the Twainist aspect of yesterdays RP was nice, and well, having Phillippe back was nice.
-
I took this as a sign that he was scrapping variety hour, at the least. I'm betting he moves Ray's Place to Thursday.
Also, perhaps Onstad has decided to bring back some of the old characters and realizes that this will give him more places he can go with the story, hence making the idea-generating part of the process a little easier...or not. Or maybe not having a message board any more really does free up that much more time. 'Tis not for me to say.
-
That has to be about the most decisive post I have ever seen JL!
I reckon there were probably about 500 emails to Ray demanding 5 strips/week, plus the time he has, and as you say I think bringing back other characters is doing good, 'cause he's had Vlad and Phillippe back now. Roll on the others!
-
Well obviously he can only complete 5 strips before the schedule slips because he's going to commit suicide on Friday which would make it difficult to do any further work. What with the being dead and all.
-
And Teodor. He brought back Teodor for the "Ray Eye for the Beef Guy" segment.
Jolly good show, says I.
-
I hope it lasts - the new strip with the time machine seems positive, and chock-a-bloc with the mood and feel of achewood.
-
This time machine strip really, really weirds me out for some reason. Maybe it's the fact that Philippe doesn't quite look on-model, especially in the third panel... or maybe it's just me. Heck, I dunno.
Anyway, voted for five strips, although were he to do more it'd make me a happy Achehead.
-
Horah! We've killed Onstad and somehow summoned Mark Twain's ghost!
-
I'm glad at the shot we get at extra content, though. And Mark Twain in any Achewood storyline forbodes pure awesomeness.
Especially Mark Twain in Onstad's art style. He looks like some sort of divinely-possessed scribble. PROPER.
-
That's one of the best Mark Twain drawings ever.
I don't know maybe he quit drinking and now has lots of free time.
-
No kidding. Mark Twain and Charlie Mingus (living vicariously through his cat, Nightlife) all in the same summer. Who's gonna show up next, Vonnegut? Theolonius Monk?
-
Well if they aren't careful they might run into Data while palling around with Mark Twain. Although I'm sure hilarity would ensue.
-
It seems like Chris Onstad has been struggling to start a new story...like the road trip, the moon, and heaven. The time traveller is promising!
-
Well if they aren't careful they might run into Data while palling around with Mark Twain. Although I'm sure hilarity would ensue.
CortJstr you're such a total dork that you're cool!
-
i shall believe this when i see it, mister clemens!
-
It depends on how you define ‘schedule slipping.’ Onstad will probably miss a ‘daily’ strip within the next two weeks. But over the next quarter-year, if we average four strips per week (instead of three) that’s progress.
-
At least he's not planning to kill himself anymore...