The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: evan on April 26, 2005, 11:42:34 pm

Title: 4/26/05 - Will it make us look like dicks?
Post by: evan on April 26, 2005, 11:42:34 pm
What is up with Molly in panel 5?
Title: 4/26/05 - Will it make us look like dicks?
Post by: ndpatel on April 26, 2005, 11:56:11 pm
normal...normal.....normal.....yo-yo's and pet toads.

ray's gone bye-bye. egon, what do you have left?
Title: 4/26/05 - Will it make us look like dicks?
Post by: miles on April 27, 2005, 12:00:18 am
This one was really wordy.

What's up with Molly's hair?
Title: Re: 4/26/05 - Will it make us look like dicks?
Post by: CortJstr on April 27, 2005, 12:01:25 am
Quote from: "evan"
What is up with Molly in panel 5?

She's practicing making her eyes tiny like Beef can do.

Why would she take him here? If it's his birthday shouldn't they go some place fun for him? This is the kind of place they should go for her birthday.
Title: Re: 4/26/05 - Will it make us look like dicks?
Post by: ndpatel on April 27, 2005, 12:38:57 am
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Why would she take him here? If it's his birthday shouldn't they go some place fun for him? This is the kind of place they should go for her birthday.


holy christ dude, have you never had a girlfriend?
Title: 4/26/05 - Will it make us look like dicks?
Post by: AlohaDawg on April 27, 2005, 12:45:53 am
CJ's right on; this is not a good place to take Beef and Molly should know that.

Boo to her.
Title: Re: 4/26/05 - Will it make us look like dicks?
Post by: wombat on April 27, 2005, 12:47:15 am
Quote from: "ndpatel"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Why would she take him here? If it's his birthday shouldn't they go some place fun for him? This is the kind of place they should go for her birthday.


holy christ dude, have you never had a girlfriend?


Now wait a minute.  Some of us have been girlfriends.  And would never force a guy like Beef to order the wine.  Is she being mean or is she just clueless?
Title: Re: 4/26/05 - Will it make us look like dicks?
Post by: CortJstr on April 27, 2005, 12:48:38 am
Quote from: "ndpatel"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Why would she take him here? If it's his birthday shouldn't they go some place fun for him? This is the kind of place they should go for her birthday.

holy christ dude, have you never had a girlfriend?

Yes, and my birthday is the only time I get to have vietnamese food for the very reason cited above. Or when she's visiting her sister and I'm on my own.
Title: 4/26/05 - Will it make us look like dicks?
Post by: V-Adore on April 27, 2005, 12:49:32 am
My best call is "just clueless."

Also, I thought it wasn't Beef's birthday? Thus the inappropriateness of the gift from Ray... or was Ray just early?
Title: 4/26/05 - Will it make us look like dicks?
Post by: robot_roll_call on April 27, 2005, 12:55:37 am
Quote from: "V-Adore"
My best call is "just clueless."

Also, I thought it wasn't Beef's birthday? Thus the inappropriateness of the gift from Ray... or was Ray just early?


Well, that strip is from last week, so it could be his birthday now.
Title: 4/26/05 - Will it make us look like dicks?
Post by: CortJstr on April 27, 2005, 01:07:59 am
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Also, I thought it wasn't Beef's birthday? Thus the inappropriateness of the gift from Ray... or was Ray just early?

It was Friday (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04222002). Since Molly works at a bar she probably has to work weekends, and this was the first chance they both had time to spend a whole evening together.
Title: 4/26/05 - Will it make us look like dicks?
Post by: V-Adore on April 27, 2005, 01:41:01 am
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Also, I thought it wasn't Beef's birthday? Thus the inappropriateness of the gift from Ray... or was Ray just early?

It was Friday (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04222002). Since Molly works at a bar she probably has to work weekends, and this was the first chance they both had time to spend a whole evening together.

I was about to post "nicely CortJstr'd!", but... well, actual CortJstr. So, dude, well done in your proper idiom.
Title: Re: 4/26/05 - Will it make us look like dicks?
Post by: Max on April 27, 2005, 02:07:42 am
Quote from: "wombat"
Quote from: "ndpatel"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Why would she take him here? If it's his birthday shouldn't they go some place fun for him? This is the kind of place they should go for her birthday.


holy christ dude, have you never had a girlfriend?


Now wait a minute.  Some of us have been girlfriends.  And would never force a guy like Beef to order the wine.  Is she being mean or is she just clueless?


My money is on "tragically hopeful."
Title: Re: 4/26/05 - Will it make us look like dicks?
Post by: miles on April 27, 2005, 02:22:50 am
Quote from: "wombat"
Quote from: "ndpatel"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Why would she take him here? If it's his birthday shouldn't they go some place fun for him? This is the kind of place they should go for her birthday.


holy christ dude, have you never had a girlfriend?


Now wait a minute.  Some of us have been girlfriends.  And would never force a guy like Beef to order the wine.  Is she being mean or is she just clueless?


Holy shit.  I just realized that why this didn't seem so bitchy (or at least unusual) is because my last long-term girlfriend was kind of like this.  (My current SO isn't nearly as bad, however.)

But yeah, she was such a bitch.  We just dated for so long that it no longer seemed abnormal.
Title: 4/26/05 - Will it make us look like dicks?
Post by: antioch on April 27, 2005, 05:13:45 am
The really subtle detail for the waiter's expression change looks great. It's remarkable to me that it works at such a small size. Eyebrows slant ever so carefully as if drawn using a rediculous array of differently sized draft rulers. Kind of reminds me of the "POMMES ODER BROT" strip, though not as out-of-control awesome.
Title: 4/26/05 - Will it make us look like dicks?
Post by: jough on April 27, 2005, 05:20:48 am
So wait, is today (the 26th) Roast Beef's birthday?

I think I like the idea of sharing a birthday with Roast Beef.  Awesome.

Yes, this is also my not-so-subtle way of telling you it's my birthday.
Title: 4/26/05 - Will it make us look like dicks?
Post by: Golfhaus on April 27, 2005, 05:26:34 am
I can totally feel for Beef here. It's a dread fear of mine to end up going somewhere where it's up to me to choose the wine. I don't DRINK wine. I've had maybe three sips of it in my life. But wine is one of those things where if you're at a place where you're SUPPOSED to order wine, then you're SUPPOSED to order wine. I would probably ask for a Corona, too.

Well, actually, I'd ask for a stiff Jack and Coke.

(Happy yesterbirthday, Jough.)
Title: 4/26/05 - Will it make us look like dicks?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on April 27, 2005, 09:10:27 am
Quote from: "ndpatel"
normal...normal.....normal.....yo-yo's and pet toads.


I think the implication is that the wine is so recent, it's grape juice (which is something children would drink, children being the yo-yo and pet-toad demographic).
Title: Time Traveler Convention
Post by: foolio on April 27, 2005, 09:11:54 am
Some friends of mine are organizing a time traveler convention, so I thought I would point you fellers to the site and ask for your attendance and/or help publicizing.

http://web.mit.edu/adorai/timetraveler/

Spread the word!
Title: 4/26/05 - Will it make us look like dicks?
Post by: CortJstr on April 27, 2005, 01:03:18 pm
Quote from: "jough"
So wait, is today (the 26th) Roast Beef's birthday?

I think I like the idea of sharing a birthday with Roast Beef.  Awesome.

Yes, this is also my not-so-subtle way of telling you it's my birthday.

No the 22nd is. But what, no special TOUAMB graphic for your birthday?
Title: 4/26/05 - Will it make us look like dicks?
Post by: PinkStainlessTail on April 27, 2005, 01:47:00 pm
The thing about Molly is that she's kind of bland and just in the strip to act as a foil for Beef. Onstad's tried to flesh her out in the blog, but she still feels like she doesn't quite fit with the other characters.
Title: 4/26/05 - Will it make us look like dicks?
Post by: aparrish on April 27, 2005, 04:16:06 pm
I had just assumed that Roast Beef was fuck*ng with the waiter - maybe Molly too, along the lines of the "Squirt" post.  The strip is pretty damn funny either way.

Hee hee man I know how to order wine you think I never been on the Internet
Title: 4/26/05 - Will it make us look like dicks?
Post by: Null on April 27, 2005, 04:39:08 pm
Man I don't know anything about wine.  I can really relate to Beef here, unlike most days when I just relate to him a lot.
Title: 4/26/05 - Will it make us look like dicks?
Post by: jough on April 27, 2005, 05:25:33 pm
I don't think I've ever made a special TOUAMB graphic for my birthday, dude.  You're just making that up.

I actually made it through the whole day yesterday without telling anyone it was my birthday, but then I figured I probably should've because it is nice to be wished happy birthday and I always like to wish someone a happy birthday on their birthday.
Title: 4/26/05 - Will it make us look like dicks?
Post by: pmcd9 on April 27, 2005, 05:34:17 pm
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOUGH!!!!!
Title: 4/26/05 - Will it make us look like dicks?
Post by: cellardoor on April 27, 2005, 05:58:28 pm
Dude do not rag on Molly.
That is basically what a dick does.

I love you molly!
Title: 4/26/05 - Will it make us look like dicks?
Post by: CortJstr on April 27, 2005, 06:34:01 pm
Quote from: "jough"
I don't think I've ever made a special TOUAMB graphic for my birthday, dude.  You're just making that up.

Yes, I am.

Quote
I actually made it through the whole day yesterday without telling anyone it was my birthday, but then I figured I probably should've because it is nice to be wished happy birthday and I always like to wish someone a happy birthday on their birthday.

The new phpBB lets you enter your birthday in your profile and displays them on the gateway page. It also puts little western and chinese zodiac symbols near your post count/title. Of course then we'd have to use a gateway which just seems silly.
Title: 4/26/05 - Will it make us look like dicks?
Post by: V-Adore on April 27, 2005, 06:52:09 pm
Happy belated birthday, Jough.
Title: 4/26/05 - Will it make us look like dicks?
Post by: wombat on April 27, 2005, 07:05:15 pm
We need a program that tells us when we need eggs and milk and warns us in advance of messageboard people's birthdays.

p.s. Happy day after your birthday, Number Two.
Title: 4/26/05 - Will it make us look like dicks?
Post by: AugustWest on April 27, 2005, 09:26:49 pm
What Wombat said!
Title: 4/26/05 - Will it make us look like dicks?
Post by: jough on April 27, 2005, 10:38:09 pm
Yeah, there's a plug-in for phpBB that lets you add birthday info, etc.  I don't know how useful it is, but I got a LOT of birthday wishes from various message boards yesterday.

And thank you all.  Maybe we should make a birthday thread so we will know when to celebrate various board members (rather than shun them).

And since when am I #2?
Title: 4/26/05 - Will it make us look like dicks?
Post by: St_Zartan on April 27, 2005, 10:48:01 pm
Quote from: "jough"
And since when am I #2?


Since you started trying harder.
Title: 4/26/05 - Will it make us look like dicks?
Post by: Formica on April 27, 2005, 10:49:11 pm
Quote from: "jough"
And since when am I #2?

It's your user number for the board.
Title: 4/26/05 - Will it make us look like dicks?
Post by: Mantonio on April 27, 2005, 10:55:00 pm
Man, I can't believe I forgot Roast Beef's birthday. I feel like such an ass.

Happy Birthday Beef! I hope you had such as hella sex.

also happy birthday Jough. I hope you got to have cake.
Title: 4/26/05 - Will it make us look like dicks?
Post by: jough on April 27, 2005, 10:58:17 pm
Quote from: "Formica"
Quote from: "jough"
And since when am I #2?

It's your user number for the board.


Nope, I'm #1 baby.
Title: 4/26/05 - Will it make us look like dicks?
Post by: CortJstr on April 28, 2005, 12:17:44 am
Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "Formica"
Quote from: "jough"
And since when am I #2?

It's your user number for the board.

Nope, I'm #1 baby.

If you look at the URL for your PM button you show as u=2 (I'm 10). I'm guessing 1 is reserved for "admin" or some such.
Title: 4/26/05 - Will it make us look like dicks?
Post by: wombat on April 28, 2005, 01:58:04 am
Quote from: "jough"

And since when am I #2?


Oh, I have had such a spaced out day.  Not being able to tell the difference between single digit numbers is the least of my problems.

Happy day after your birthday again, our lord and master, and apologies.
Title: 4/26/05 - Will it make us look like dicks?
Post by: evan on April 28, 2005, 05:10:33 am
Quote from: "CortJstr"
I'm guessing 1 is reserved for "admin" or some such.
uid 1 is the logged out user. If you want to have some fun sometime, try banning uid 1...
Title: 4/26/05 - Will it make us look like dicks?
Post by: side_show on April 28, 2005, 02:05:24 pm
Quote from: "jough"
I don't think I've ever made a special TOUAMB graphic for my birthday, dude.  You're just making that up.

I actually made it through the whole day yesterday without telling anyone it was my birthday, but then I figured I probably should've because it is nice to be wished happy birthday and I always like to wish someone a happy birthday on their birthday.


I used to do this all the time with my friends and classmates.  I considered it a test to see who was a legitimate friend, but then no one would even remember, and I'd start dropping hints, and still no one would realize, and I'd start to feel pretty down.  My friends are dicks.  Boo to them.  The passage of time, bitter sweet, piss-y, and less and less fun.

Happy Birthday to Jough. Happy birthday to jough. Happy birthday dear jough, happy belated birthday to you.  Sigh.
Title: 4/26/05 - Will it make us look like dicks?
Post by: revdj on April 28, 2005, 02:13:53 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "jough"
So wait, is today (the 26th) Roast Beef's birthday?

I think I like the idea of sharing a birthday with Roast Beef.  Awesome.

Yes, this is also my not-so-subtle way of telling you it's my birthday.

No the 22nd is. But what, no special TOUAMB graphic for your birthday?


Correct. RB was born April 22.  He does not share jough's bday.

He does share MINE!  Hoo Hah!  EAT MY DUST, BIATCH!

ummm...  sorry.  I hope your birthday was pleasant.
Title: 4/26/05 - Will it make us look like dicks?
Post by: miles on April 28, 2005, 02:29:57 pm
Quote from: "cellardoor"
Dude do not rag on Molly.
That is basically what a dick does.

I love you molly!


It's been fairly well established here that Molly is a bitch.
Title: 4/26/05 - Will it make us look like dicks?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on April 28, 2005, 02:35:21 pm
Quote from: "miles"
Quote from: "cellardoor"
Dude do not rag on Molly.
That is basically what a dick does.

I love you molly!


It's been fairly well established here that Molly is a bitch.



For the last time THEY ARE NOT DOGS.

Molly's technical designation would be Queen. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen)
Title: 4/26/05 - Will it make us look like dicks?
Post by: Bozack on April 28, 2005, 03:02:03 pm
Could she be a....QUEEN BITCH?

OH YEAH!
I'M UP ON THE 11TH FLOOR, AND I'M WATCHIN' THE CRUISERS BELOW!
Title: 4/26/05 - Will it make us look like dicks?
Post by: PinkStainlessTail on April 28, 2005, 03:37:15 pm
Quote from: "Bozack"
Could she be a....QUEEN BITCH?

OH YEAH!
I'M UP ON THE 11TH FLOOR, AND I'M WATCHIN' THE CRUISERS BELOW!


This post put a taste in my mouth, but I can't quite place it. Maybe it's nothing.
Title: 4/26/05 - Will it make us look like dicks?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on April 28, 2005, 05:35:13 pm
Quote from: "PinkStainlessTail"
Quote from: "Bozack"
Could she be a....QUEEN BITCH?

OH YEAH!
I'M UP ON THE 11TH FLOOR, AND I'M WATCHIN' THE CRUISERS BELOW!


This post put a taste in my mouth, but I can't quite place it. Maybe it's nothing.


Confucius say: He who taste Bozack in mouth is big queer.
Title: 4/26/05 - Will it make us look like dicks?
Post by: jough on April 28, 2005, 08:01:25 pm
I think what Bozack meant was that his heart was in the basement, and his weekend's at an all-time low.

That's all.
Title: 4/26/05 - Will it make us look like dicks?
Post by: PinkStainlessTail on April 28, 2005, 09:42:53 pm
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "PinkStainlessTail"
Quote from: "Bozack"
Could she be a....QUEEN BITCH?

OH YEAH!
I'M UP ON THE 11TH FLOOR, AND I'M WATCHIN' THE CRUISERS BELOW!


This post put a taste in my mouth, but I can't quite place it. Maybe it's nothing.


Confucius say: He who taste Bozack in mouth is big queer.


It could've been you Bobby. Oh god, it could've been you. Why didn't I see? Why didn't I say?
Title: 4/26/05 - Will it make us look like dicks?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on April 28, 2005, 10:19:50 pm
Quote from: "PinkStainlessTail"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "PinkStainlessTail"
Quote from: "Bozack"
Could she be a....QUEEN BITCH?

OH YEAH!
I'M UP ON THE 11TH FLOOR, AND I'M WATCHIN' THE CRUISERS BELOW!


This post put a taste in my mouth, but I can't quite place it. Maybe it's nothing.


Confucius say: He who taste Bozack in mouth is big queer.


It could've been you Bobby. Oh god, it could've been you. Why didn't I see? Why didn't I say?


All of you people SHUT UP AND LOCK THIS POST THANKS