The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: Bozack on April 29, 2005, 05:32:34 am

Title: Photos
Post by: Bozack on April 29, 2005, 05:32:34 am
Since everyone's clamouring for a picture of smells, I figure we should all post pictures of us, in the Paul style, doing ridiculous things in the course of the day. Or just post bizarre pictures. I'm too drunk to care now.

This (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v51/Bozack/puppy.jpg) is a picture of me pretending that a small dog is a machine gun. The dog is bewildered.
Title: Photos
Post by: jough on April 29, 2005, 05:55:52 am
Yeah, well, Smells keeps talking about how hot she is and how she's always getting mistaken for a model and stuff, so we're all such as "Prove it!" and she's all like "tee hee, I don't have any photos" and we're all such as "LAME."

Meanwhile, Bozack, that is the single worst DVD collection I've ever seen.  Me Myself and I?  Rocky Horror?  The Shaft remake?  The Snowman?

WTF?
Title: Photos
Post by: pineapple on April 29, 2005, 06:01:01 am
looks like some sort of alien spacecraft reflected in the TV.

I don't have any pictures, but believe you me, I am super hot.
Title: Photos
Post by: Bozack on April 29, 2005, 06:30:44 am
Quote from: "jough"
Meanwhile, Bozack, that is the single worst DVD collection I've ever seen.  Me Myself and I?  Rocky Horror?  The Shaft remake?  The Snowman?

WTF?


You are NOT shitting all over The Snowman, dude. And everything else in that pile belongs to my parents, except Rocky Horror, which I bought in 8th grade. C'mon, forgive the indiscretions of youth.
On the other hand, my parents have the worst, and most bizarre, taste ever. Case in point? My dad LOVES Maid In Manhattan. LOVES it.
Title: Photos
Post by: Golfhaus on April 29, 2005, 02:17:37 pm
I have no small dogs to take a picture with - my girlfriend, however, has a chihuahua, so I will try to get some pictures when she comes to town this weekend.

I also get to see my daughter on Sunday, so my picture might have me, a small dog, and an amazingly cute baby. You've been warned; I'm bringin' the hamma!
Title: Photos
Post by: sjlimmer on April 29, 2005, 03:27:19 pm
Pointless photo here (http://web.umr.edu/~limmers/hair.JPG).



I didn't know that this picture was being taken.  But judging by the reactions of everyone else, I was alone in my ignorance.

Big surprise.
Title: Photos
Post by: pmcd9 on April 29, 2005, 03:30:25 pm
Dude, you went to school with Teen Wolf, that is so cool.

~Paul
Title: Photos
Post by: jough on April 29, 2005, 03:55:28 pm
Wait, so which one are you?
Title: Photos
Post by: Gimpson on April 29, 2005, 04:09:11 pm
My girlfriend and I (http://www.gimpysoft.com/mtblog/archives/images/bexnryanoklajoes1.jpg) at what is perhaps the best barbecue restaurant in the world (http://www.oklahomajoesbbq.com/).
Title: Photos
Post by: jough on April 29, 2005, 04:15:31 pm
Quote from: "Gimpson"
My girlfriend and I (http://www.gimpysoft.com/mtblog/archives/images/bexnryanoklajoes1.jpg) at what is perhaps the best barbecue restaurant in the world (http://www.oklahomajoesbbq.com/).


Man, you look nothing like your avatar. ;)
Title: Photos
Post by: sjlimmer on April 29, 2005, 05:05:34 pm
Quote from: "jough"
Wait, so which one are you?


I'm the blob of hair on the left, rocking out.
Title: Photos
Post by: V-Adore on April 29, 2005, 05:09:15 pm
I think SJL might very well win the thread. Right now.

Anyway, I have a suitably ludicrous picture -- I shall post later, after I do the needful things of my daily life such as rat-weighing &c.

EDIT: Never mind; I found an already-on-the-web ludicrous picture of me here. (http://www.wurble.net/gallery/madcowswimsuit/aam) Note the old-school Science baseball shirt. I suspect I was unaware of this picture being taken, because I appear to be telling my friend the TERRIBLE SECRET OF SPACE.
Title: Photos
Post by: arkabee on April 29, 2005, 06:12:32 pm
here is my foot (http://www.themisc.com/~kevbob/IMG014.JPG), used as a comparison to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that the ocean is large, even when contained within a gulf.

if you pay me the cash money, you might see ankle.
Title: Photos
Post by: Gimpson on April 29, 2005, 06:29:12 pm
Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "Gimpson"
My girlfriend and I (http://www.gimpysoft.com/mtblog/archives/images/bexnryanoklajoes1.jpg) at what is perhaps the best barbecue restaurant in the world (http://www.oklahomajoesbbq.com/).


Man, you look nothing like your avatar. ;)


The linked picture is from a few years ago.  The avatar is more recent.  

STOP SMOKING NOW KIDS
Title: Photos
Post by: wombat on April 29, 2005, 11:18:08 pm
Quote from: "arkabee"
here is my foot (http://www.themisc.com/~kevbob/IMG014.JPG), used as a comparison to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that the ocean is large, even when contained within a gulf.

if you pay me the cash money, you might see ankle.


This picture made my day.  An ankle couldn't possibly improve it.
Title: Photos
Post by: St_Zartan on April 29, 2005, 11:19:08 pm
NOTES:

bozack: far more capable of hair growth than previously assumed
sjlimmer: i bet something with the word "engineering" in it
gimpson: could totally kick my ass
v-adore: has met bill pullman
arkabee: 6'2", 115 lbs
Title: Photos
Post by: wombat on April 29, 2005, 11:24:09 pm
This (http://www.rebsig.com/kogepan/sifakaweb.jpg) is my favorite recent picture.  I am the one on the right, if there is any question.
Title: Photos
Post by: V-Adore on April 29, 2005, 11:45:33 pm
Quote from: "wombat"
This (http://www.rebsig.com/kogepan/sifakaweb.jpg) is my favorite recent picture.  I am the one on the right, if there is any question.

Awwww. Both you and that remarkable protoprimate(?) are very cuddly.
Title: Photos
Post by: St_Zartan on April 29, 2005, 11:52:42 pm
The baby acted bad at the restaurant (http://mywebpage.netscape.com/zartan00001/lestlan.jpg)
Title: Photos
Post by: wombat on April 30, 2005, 12:02:43 am
Quote from: "V-Adore"
that remarkable protoprimate(?)


He is a Coquerel's sifaka.  The same kind of lemur as Zooboomafoo, for you watchers of children's public television animal shows.  I had started training to work with them half the week, but someone quit and the result of that is that now I am going to be only a frog keeper the whole week.  Apparently there is a plot afoot to see how many times they can change my job around before I get fed up and quit.
Title: Photos
Post by: V-Adore on April 30, 2005, 12:24:08 am
Quote from: "wombat"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
that remarkable protoprimate(?)


He is a Coquerel's sifaka.  The same kind of lemur as Zooboomafoo, for you watchers of children's public television animal shows.  I had started training to work with them half the week, but someone quit and the result of that is that now I am going to be only a frog keeper the whole week.  Apparently there is a plot afoot to see how many times they can change my job around before I get fed up and quit.

But but but frog-keeping
Title: Photos
Post by: wombat on April 30, 2005, 12:37:58 am
Quote from: "V-Adore"

But but but frog-keeping


Yes.  It's what I wanted, actually.  But they made me crazy for six weeks and then gave me what I wanted only because they had no choice, so I predict that they are going to have me do this for long enough for me to get attached to it and then are going to find a reason to take it away again.

But enough about me.  MORE PICTURES.
Title: Photos
Post by: CortJstr on April 30, 2005, 01:08:38 am
The definitive picture of me (http://www.cortjstr.com/images/dislocation-2.jpg). This is at Fletcher's in Bawlmer on 12/31/00 at 2001: A Mary Odyssey, the 2nd best concert I've ever seen. And yes, that pokey think on the left is my shoulder blade.
Title: Photos
Post by: AlohaDawg on April 30, 2005, 01:57:38 am
OK pic of me (http://fourcatsinabag.blogspot.com/Jason%20and%20Sarah%202-13-05%20001.jpg) Note that I am not eating the baby.

Also that is my real eye color, it stands out in this photo for some reason.
Title: Photos
Post by: AugustWest on April 30, 2005, 03:02:23 am
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
OK pic of me (http://fourcatsinabag.blogspot.com/Jason%20and%20Sarah%202-13-05%20001.jpg) Note that I am not eating the baby.

Also that is my real eye color, it stands out in this photo for some reason.


Dude!  You look a lot like my buddy Dave Gorman.  But he lives in Knoxville, not Hawaii.
Title: Photos
Post by: AugustWest on April 30, 2005, 03:25:20 am
Since everybody else is doin' it.

Here's Me & Gus. (http://frank.plagiarist.com/pix/P1010107.JPG)  I just took these a few minute ago.  I'm wearing my favorite shirt.  We're in my office.  Gus is irritated with me because he didn't want to be held.  You can see the tops of the Boxer's heads (Ginger and Skipper) in the foreground.

This one (http://frank.plagiarist.com/pix/P1010109.JPG) is me and Gus and Boomer.  Boomer is Gus's daughter with Sadie, the beagle who adopted us.  I didn't get Sadie in any of these.  Boomer is about 5 months old.

I can follow directions.
Title: Photos
Post by: Max on April 30, 2005, 03:55:35 am
A decent one of me. (http://photos6.flickr.com/6401535_35a6db7840.jpg) (second from left)

A bad one of me (doublind as a homemade St. Patty's card). (http://photos3.flickr.com/6708681_7cfa7d42f3.jpg) (left)
Title: Photos
Post by: jough on April 30, 2005, 03:55:50 am
We have seen August on NATIONAL TELEVISION.

AD, you look exactly as I expected you would.  

Zart, you look just like a dude I know who lost an eye at a New Order show back in the day.  Scary.
Title: Photos
Post by: V-Adore on April 30, 2005, 04:03:58 am
Boomer is a really interesting-looking dog, August. Dachshund/beagle is maybe a smidge weird, but hey.

Also, everyone kind of looks like how I imagined. Maybe I am a good guesser?
Title: Photos
Post by: V-Adore on April 30, 2005, 04:09:50 am
Here is a picture of me in a quite frankly ridiculous hat. (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/Eiviiaru/pride.jpg) For, you know, the curious.
Title: Photos
Post by: St_Zartan on April 30, 2005, 04:24:58 am
Quote from: "jough"
Zart, you look just like a dude I know who lost an eye at a New Order show back in the day.


THAT IS BAD HOO-DOO

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Here is a picture of me in a quite frankly ridiculous hat.


I hope it fell onto your head with a rich, satisfying THOP (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=06052002)

Also: are you standing in front of a banner that says HISTORY? Are you at the Electives Faire?
Title: Photos
Post by: V-Adore on April 30, 2005, 04:29:44 am
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Here is a picture of me in a quite frankly ridiculous hat.


I hope it fell onto your head with a rich, satisfying THOP (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=06052002)

Also: are you standing in front of a banner that says HISTORY? Are you at the Electives Faire?

Although the hat obscures most of it, the banner actually says LUST. I was at one of those elaborate college-type costume-ish dance parties. Why they had to post a freakin' banner to encourage make-outs, I have no gottverdammte idea.
Title: Photos
Post by: linnea on April 30, 2005, 04:46:09 am
My pa took this picture of me (http://Somebody nice.typepad.com/Somebody nice_Amanda_April2005.JPG) last week (April 17th, to be exact) when I first arrived in Denver for my short vacation. I am in my "Here Comes A Special Girl" shirt, and trying to explain something to my friend Amanda.

A slightly older picture of me is me in my little Aleutian town in February 2005 (http://Somebody nice.typepad.com/Somebody nice_haystack_2.JPG) out doing a survey with our rad GPS unit.

And, the most recent picture that I have is of me and my friend Mat in Hawaii (http://Somebody nice.typepad.com/Somebody nice_and_Mat_Hawaii_2005.JPG) last week, on Thursday, April 21st for a formal military ball. Note my fuck*ng rad gown! Also, I ran out of money buying said gown, so I am wearing my flip-flops beneath it, and I crocheted my awesome little clutch in about 20 minutes out of an $8.00 skein of yarn that I picked up at the local chain retailer there in Mililani.

Oh, by the way! I am officially an EMT now. My certification paperwork and ID card will be in my mailbox when I finally make my way back to Alaska next week.
Title: Photos
Post by: miles on April 30, 2005, 05:18:02 am
Quote from: "linnea"
My pa took this picture of me (http://Somebody nice.typepad.com/Somebody nice_Amanda_April2005.JPG) last week (April 17th, to be exact) when I first arrived in Denver for my short vacation. I am in my "Here Comes A Special Girl" shirt, and trying to explain something to my friend Amanda.


Oh my GOD you more than slightly resemble my ex-girlfriend.
Title: Photos
Post by: linnea on April 30, 2005, 05:54:55 am
Quote from: "miles"
Quote from: "linnea"
My pa took this picture of me (http://Somebody nice.typepad.com/Somebody nice_Amanda_April2005.JPG) last week (April 17th, to be exact) when I first arrived in Denver for my short vacation. I am in my "Here Comes A Special Girl" shirt, and trying to explain something to my friend Amanda.


Oh my GOD you more than slightly resemble my ex-girlfriend.


Whoa! I also have a twin sister, miles, so there's more than one doppelgänger of your ex walkin' around. I am sorry to be the bringer of bad news.

Also, you might not be able to tell from the partial shot of the bottle, but please note that I am drinking a chilly Amstel Light instead of a puddle that a rhino crapped in.
Title: Photos
Post by: miles on April 30, 2005, 06:17:46 am
Quote from: "linnea"
Whoa! I also have a twin sister, miles, so there's more than one doppelgänger of your ex walkin' around. I am sorry to be the bringer of bad news.


It's OK as I only see the resemblance in the first photo.  Freaked me out though.  Not in a bad way, but, you know, it's just weird to see your ex-girlfriend where you least expect to.
Title: Photos
Post by: pmcd9 on April 30, 2005, 06:30:15 am
My dog is a little larger than yall's, but here goes (http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Misc/DSCN8045-E-600.jpg).

~Paul
Title: Photos
Post by: miles on April 30, 2005, 06:37:22 am
Quote from: "pmcd9"
My dog is a little larger than yall's, but here goes (http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Misc/DSCN8045-E-600.jpg).


You have horns growing out of your head, I think.
Title: Photos
Post by: pmcd9 on April 30, 2005, 06:52:32 am
Quote from: "miles"
Quote from: "pmcd9"
My dog is a little larger than yall's, but here goes (http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Misc/DSCN8045-E-600.jpg).


You have horns growing out of your head, I think.

I didn't realize they were showing.

~Paul
Title: Photos
Post by: pmcd9 on April 30, 2005, 07:06:52 am
Actually, I don't know what that is.  I hadn't noticed it before you pointed it out.  At first I thought it was something on the power lines across the street behind me, but looking through my archives I discovered  this picture (http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Misc/DSCN8044-E-600.jpg) taken just seconds earlier and clearly there is something on my head.  I thought maybe it could be sunglasses, but I don't recall ever having sunglasses with red lenses.  These pictures were taken on Christmas day in '03 so maybe it's a bow.  I am gift wrapped.

~Paul
Title: Photos
Post by: miles on April 30, 2005, 02:26:37 pm
I also thought it was probably something on the power line, or maybe a stop light or something.  Or something.  Or sunglasses too.  In the second picture it looks more like something on your head.

But in the first one, you kinda look like Hellboy.
Title: Photos
Post by: CortJstr on April 30, 2005, 03:22:55 pm
Quote from: "pmcd9"
Actually, I don't know what that is.  I hadn't noticed it before you pointed it out.  At first I thought it was something on the power lines across the street behind me, but looking through my archives I discovered  this picture (http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Misc/DSCN8044-E-600.jpg) taken just seconds earlier and clearly there is something on my head.  I thought maybe it could be sunglasses, but I don't recall ever having sunglasses with red lenses.  These pictures were taken on Christmas day in '03 so maybe it's a bow.  I am gift wrapped.

It could be that red light that many cameras shoot out to prevent red-eye reflecting off of regular sunglasses.
Title: Photos
Post by: pmcd9 on April 30, 2005, 11:49:28 pm
What a lot of lovely people.  You're all beautiful.

~Paul
Title: Photos
Post by: pmcd9 on May 01, 2005, 12:00:05 am
and...

Those are some awesome dawgs.

And lest I leave anyone out, that's a very nice primate as well.

~Paul
Title: Photos
Post by: Max on May 01, 2005, 03:24:43 am
yes everyone has a certain attractiveness, though it seems you are all older than me.
Title: Photos
Post by: Beatrice on May 01, 2005, 03:58:33 am
Oh. oh. PICTURE TIME!

I found these old ones in some strange folder.  This is me and a black baby.   (http://img91.echo.cx/img91/6761/blackbaby1ci.jpg)
This is me with said baby in my mouth. (http://img91.echo.cx/img91/6102/blackbabyeat7sm.jpg)

Please, no questions.
Title: Photos
Post by: CortJstr on May 01, 2005, 04:21:32 am
Quote from: "Beatrice"
Oh. oh. PICTURE TIME!

I found these old ones in some strange folder.  This is me and a black baby.   (http://img252.echo.cx/img252/4146/picture0107iz.jpg)
This is me with said baby in my mouth. (http://img133.echo.cx/img133/5295/picture0123yp.jpg)

Please, no questions.

Well those are . . . ginormous.
Title: Photos
Post by: Beatrice on May 01, 2005, 04:49:19 am
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "Beatrice"
Oh. oh. PICTURE TIME!

I found these old ones in some strange folder.  This is me and a black baby.   (http://img252.echo.cx/img252/4146/picture0107iz.jpg)
This is me with said baby in my mouth. (http://img133.echo.cx/img133/5295/picture0123yp.jpg)

Please, no questions.

Well those are . . . ginormous.


well, yes. damn digital.  i don't intend to scare anyone. sorry.
Title: Photos
Post by: miles on May 01, 2005, 05:29:18 am
Quote from: "Max"
yes everyone has a certain attractiveness, though it seems you are all older than me.


I was gonna say...
 
Max gets vote for most likely to have ID checked...for the rest of his LIFE!

It's OK, I look young too.  I'm 25 and most people would put me at around 18-21, depending on how much facial hair I have.  I get it from my parents (duh!) who both look young.  Well, my Dad's had white hair for years (went gray at like 29) but he has a young face.
Title: Photos
Post by: Max on May 01, 2005, 06:18:16 am
to be fair I AM only 18 so getting ID'ed at this point is in some contexts reasonable.  But yes, I have been cursed with looking young and sounding old since before I can even remember.
Title: Photos
Post by: Ben-San on May 01, 2005, 08:06:14 am
I have posted it before, but this is a picture of me (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/bensanaz/selfportrait.jpg).
Title: Photos
Post by: AlohaDawg on May 01, 2005, 10:42:39 pm
Dave must be six kinds of awesome like me.
Title: Photos
Post by: AugustWest on May 02, 2005, 02:57:54 am
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Dave must be six kinds of awesome like me.


Absofuck*nglutely.
Title: Photos
Post by: antioch on May 02, 2005, 05:13:18 am
Here is  me being passionate. (http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-10/464518/playing1.jpg)
Title: Photos
Post by: Max on May 02, 2005, 05:16:45 am
My grandparents have one of those things, whatever that instrument is called, with the music all layed out etc.

Those things are awesome.
Title: Photos
Post by: Beatrice on May 02, 2005, 12:51:20 pm
Quote from: "Max"

Those things are awesome.


when i play those things i always follow the pattern from left to right and i have to play right on top of the little dots.  I can't read the cheat sheet and play a string regularly at the same time.  does that make ANY sense?
Title: Photos
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on May 02, 2005, 02:03:58 pm
I am holding a rubber chicken. (http://www.bigfool.com/mascots/cosmo.jpg)  So is Jar Jar Binks.
Title: Photos
Post by: Turbo Ninja on May 02, 2005, 02:35:15 pm
This (http://photos.friendster.com/photos/09/64/724690/766027206195l.jpg) is a picture of me posin' all angry.
Title: Photos
Post by: AugustWest on May 02, 2005, 02:56:37 pm
Quote from: "antioch"
Here is  me being passionate. (http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-10/464518/playing1.jpg)


...I gave my love a cherry
   that had no stone...
Title: Photos
Post by: V-Adore on May 02, 2005, 05:12:33 pm
I can't tell -- what precisely is that instrument you're being passionate about, antioch? An autoharp? A zither? Either way, awesome.

Also, Turbo Ninja is doing exactly what I expected him to do.
Title: Photos
Post by: wombat on May 02, 2005, 07:32:48 pm
Speaking of pictures, I only just this minute after all these months or years realized why carlos del VACA's avatar is a picture of a cow.  I'm embarrassed even though I am not a linguist anymore, I am a lowly frog keeper.

In other news, I showed the spouse AlohaDawg's picture and said how cool the color of his (AD's) eyes is.  And he (the spouse) said, "They're the same color as yours."  So I guess I am a vain frog keeper.
Title: Photos
Post by: AlohaDawg on May 02, 2005, 08:36:36 pm
Quote from: "linnea"

And, the most recent picture that I have is of me and my friend Mat in Hawaii last week, on Thursday, April 21st for a formal military ball.


You know, it would have been cool to buy you lunch or something, considering that you are, as far as I know, the first and only Achehead to make your way out here (not counting Onstad).

People, drop a line or something. You are too rad to deprive me of your acquaintance!
Title: Photos
Post by: antioch on May 03, 2005, 01:28:28 am
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I can't tell -- what precisely is that instrument you're being passionate about, antioch? An autoharp? A zither?


It's basically an auto-autoharp. I think that is the non-proprietary form. Or maybe an auto-zither? It's sold as the "Music Maker".
Title: Photos
Post by: miles on May 03, 2005, 05:20:20 am
Quote from: "wombat"
In other news, I showed the spouse AlohaDawg's picture and said how cool the color of his (AD's) eyes is.  And he (the spouse) said, "They're the same color as yours."  So I guess I am a vain frog keeper.


I love that you were not aware of this fact until it was pointed out to you.  You are vain, and so vain that you don't even know it.

And yes, the eye color is cool.  And I mean that totally non-sexually.  Really.  Also, AD, I guess I expected you to look more like a bureaucrat and less like The Dude (a compliment).  But hey, it's Hawaii, right?

Good looking bunch of folks, all of you.
Title: Photos
Post by: jay-ell on May 03, 2005, 09:55:20 pm
With apologies to CortJstr, may I refer y'all to the old Picture Thread (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?t=1587&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=50) where you can find this photo (http://www.x-omega.com/stuff/jamiesupercute.jpg) of me back when I had braids.   I'm seriously considering having them put back in, although I lack the time and the money to have them as long as they were before.  I'm thinking maybe shoulder-length, if at all.  

Also, Topless Mama! (http://www.x-omega.com/Pearce/Photos2/Pearce-Pages/Image13.html)
Title: Photos
Post by: Max on May 03, 2005, 11:08:11 pm
So I went to look at the old picture thread, which itself referred to an even OLDER picture thread, which had pictures of Onstad!  Remarkable.

More remarkable:
http://rawdataserver.com/Tony/pics/ChrisSit.jpg
v.
http://www.themountaingoats.net/pics/john_oldstyle.gif

They're like long lost brothers, all sitting with their heads at weird angles and mouths dumbly agape etc.
Title: Photos
Post by: V-Adore on May 03, 2005, 11:22:14 pm
I give up -- where is Chris sitting? It looks like the photo was taken in that circle of Hell made up entirely of unfinished, barely-furnished dorm-basement rec rooms. Sweet Christmas.
Title: Photos
Post by: pmcd9 on May 04, 2005, 01:58:34 am
Quote from: "jldunston"
Topless Mama! (http://www.x-omega.com/Pearce/Photos2/Pearce-Pages/Image13.html)

SCHWING!!!

Lovely child JL, Carlos.

~Paul
Title: Photos
Post by: AugustWest on May 04, 2005, 02:38:10 am
Quote from: "jldunston"

Also, Topless Mama! (http://www.x-omega.com/Pearce/Photos2/Pearce-Pages/Image13.html)


What a beautiful picture.
Title: Photos
Post by: AlohaDawg on May 04, 2005, 02:41:36 am
Quote from: "miles"
Quote from: "wombat"
In other news, I showed the spouse AlohaDawg's picture and said how cool the color of his (AD's) eyes is.  And he (the spouse) said, "They're the same color as yours."  So I guess I am a vain frog keeper.


I love that you were not aware of this fact until it was pointed out to you.  You are vain, and so vain that you don't even know it.

And yes, the eye color is cool.  And I mean that totally non-sexually.  Really.  Also, AD, I guess I expected you to look more like a bureaucrat and less like The Dude (a compliment).  But hey, it's Hawaii, right?

Good looking bunch of folks, all of you.


Miles,  that's definitely a cool compliment. Halloween next year I'm wearing a robe and carrying a bottle of Kahlua and a carton of half and half...I have two weeks left to not look like a bureaucrat before starting a new job which is meant to keep me in Hawaii forever, or at least as long as I choose to be here.

I joined a paddling club, all Hawaii Five-O stylezz so I may post some pix from that next.
Title: Photos
Post by: linnea on May 04, 2005, 10:44:01 pm
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Quote from: "linnea"

And, the most recent picture that I have is of me and my friend Mat in Hawaii last week, on Thursday, April 21st for a formal military ball.


You know, it would have been cool to buy you lunch or something, considering that you are, as far as I know, the first and only Achehead to make your way out here (not counting Onstad).

People, drop a line or something. You are too rad to deprive me of your acquaintance!


Dammit! I should have looked you up! I completely forgot that you live in the Aloha State. I was in Mililani, which is in BFE as well as being like an hour from any of the beaches. Still, it was fun.
Title: Photos
Post by: AlohaDawg on May 05, 2005, 12:02:16 am
Nothing is far from anything here - next time - I live a short drive from here (http://www.hawaiiweb.com/oahu/beaches/lanikai_beaches.htm) and this is also where I paddle 6-man outrigger

Like the one behind us (http://fourcatsinabag.blogspot.com/BeccaDaddyPaddle.jpg)

I'm in seat #3 (http://fourcatsinabag.blogspot.com/Paddle.jpg)
Title: Photos
Post by: PinkStainlessTail on May 05, 2005, 02:03:56 pm
I don't actually have any pictures of myself readily available, but here's one of Fifika yawning (http://photos7.flickr.com/9415300_694fb5419e.jpg). Here's another of Eddie drying out (http://photos5.flickr.com/9415106_49501380e4.jpg).
Title: Photos
Post by: V-Adore on May 05, 2005, 02:16:53 pm
Fifka is an adorable name for an adorable cat.

This is all.
Title: Photos
Post by: jough on May 05, 2005, 03:25:38 pm
Is that a kitty trampoline or a kitty hammock?
Title: Photos
Post by: PinkStainlessTail on May 05, 2005, 05:01:45 pm
In theory, it is a thing for drying wet sweaters after they've been washed by laying them out flat on a mesh surface so they get air all around.

In practice, it is a kitty hammock/device for getting the cat hair back into recently washed sweaters.
Title: Photos
Post by: Va on May 05, 2005, 06:10:56 pm
Your cats are adorable.  So (http://www.posdef.net/node/view/147) are (http://www.posdef.net/node/view/148) mine (http://www.posdef.net/node/view/146).

About 10 years ago I was pretty hot, but now I just look like somebody's mom (http://www.posdef.net/node/view/155).
Title: Photos
Post by: PinkStainlessTail on May 05, 2005, 06:43:40 pm
Quote from: "Va"
Your cats are adorable.  So (http://www.posdef.net/node/view/147) are (http://www.posdef.net/node/view/148) mine (http://www.posdef.net/node/view/146).



Agreed. Also, it is awesome that you named a cat Neko. I was hoping the other two would be Chat and Gato or such like.
Title: Photos
Post by: Va on May 05, 2005, 07:05:13 pm
We considered, but ultimately rejected, that pet-naming scheme.  Ed's full name is Radical Edward.  I tried to name Bit Washu, but it just wouldn't stick.
Title: Photos
Post by: PinkStainlessTail on May 05, 2005, 07:12:33 pm
Quote from: "Va"
We considered, but ultimately rejected, that pet-naming scheme.  Ed's full name is Radical Edward.  I tried to name Bit Washu, but it just wouldn't stick.


Heh. I was pushing for Nuku Nuku for the cat now known as Fifika, but wiser (wifely) heads prevailed.
Title: Photos
Post by: V-Adore on May 06, 2005, 01:48:12 am
Ed is a lovely cat. I must confess a particular fondness for tuxedos, my childhood cat, the majestic and recently-late Puff, was a tuxedo of the first order. So, you know, good associations.

On the subject of weird cat names, well, my parents named the new kitten after Turner Ashby, so I seriously don't have room to talk.
Title: Photos
Post by: linnea on May 10, 2005, 12:53:19 am
A few things that I noticed while reading this thread.

First of all, kitties rock. Here is a picture (http://Somebody nice.typepad.com/photos/milan/lazykitties_012.jpg) of Milan, my blue-and-white folded-ear boy (he and his brother are Scottish Folds -- fuck you, Ray). Here is another picture of Milan and Lennybruce (http://Somebody nice.typepad.com/photos/lennybruce/monday_010.jpg) (black-and-white)I will have to get mine one of those kitty hammock things.

PST, where did you get your avatar? The picture of the guy makes me laugh maniacally. He looks a lot like an old professor of mine from college.

And Va, your baby is super-cute. :( It makes me sad that I can't have any kiddos. I have hell of depression and the odds of me going off my medication long enough to have a child are about ten million to one. Well, first I would have to be married and stuff (there are lots of successful single parents out there, but I would not be one of them), and getting all those planets in alignment would take a god damned miracle.  Oh well...I'm sure that my sisters will have children, and I can be their crazy auntie who buys my nieces and nephews lots of books and chemistry sets and stuff. So yeah, kudos on the adorable child.
Title: Photos
Post by: PinkStainlessTail on May 10, 2005, 07:39:50 pm
Quote from: "linnea"


PST, where did you get your avatar? The picture of the guy makes me laugh maniacally. He looks a lot like an old professor of mine from college.


It's a picture of Barry Humphries (http://www.cultureandrecreation.gov.au/articles/barryhumphries/) in his Sir Les Patterson persona. Humphries is best known for appearing as Dame Edna (http://www.dame-edna.com/), but he's created a number of characters over the years.

(http://photos3.flickr.com/5372409_8f5eb2cbdf_m.jpg)

This is not a picture of Barry Humphries as Sir Les. It is a picture of former Cardinal Ratzinger looking remarkably like Barry Humphries as Sir Les. It makes me giggle.
Title: Me, late
Post by: beanmom on September 07, 2005, 02:30:40 pm
Because I'm editing family pictures today anyway...  here (http://www.kjsl.com/~beanmom/jen/hikerme.jpg) is me in the woods this past weekend, looking all out-of-focus and wearing my three-year-old because she was tired, while my eight-year-old watches her feet and tries not to trip again.  And here (http://www.kjsl.com/~beanmom/jen/beachme.jpg) is me at the beach a couple weeks ago.
Title: Re: Me, late
Post by: pmcd9 on September 07, 2005, 11:00:10 pm
Quote from: "beanmom"
Because I'm editing family pictures today anyway...  here (http://www.kjsl.com/~beanmom/jen/hikerme.jpg) is me in the woods this past weekend, looking all out-of-focus and wearing my three-year-old because she was tired, while my eight-year-old watches her feet and tries not to trip again.  And here (http://www.kjsl.com/~beanmom/jen/beachme.jpg) is me at the beach a couple weeks ago.


Nice Pictures Jen.  Great kids, which one is the bean?

~Paul
Title: Photos
Post by: Lister on September 09, 2005, 09:28:39 am
I quote a very old post:

Quote from: "AugustWest"

Dude!  You look a lot like my buddy Dave Gorman.  But he lives in Knoxville, not Hawaii.


To say this:  You know a Dave Gorman (http://www.davegorman.com/search.htm)!

!!!

Also, this (http://www.intemporality.com/images/vacation/cloudsrolling1.jpg) is a picture I took last year in Marin County, just over the Golden Gate bridge.  Looking at my other photos, I'm thinking it's finally time to ditch film.  It's no longer cheaper, and I share everything digitally anyway.
Title: Photos
Post by: kansai on September 21, 2005, 08:05:26 pm
My friend Casey and I wearing tiny children's clothes. I'm on the right (http://static.flickr.com/11/15988278_77ffe60d3c.jpg?v=0).
Title: Photos
Post by: slink on September 21, 2005, 10:55:43 pm
Quote from: "Lister"

To say this:  You know a Dave Gorman (http://www.davegorman.com/search.htm)


I totally missed that. I do rather like Dave Gorman, and a good series that was indeed. ANyway, continue...