The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: starlight on April 29, 2005, 11:28:43 am

Title: 4/29/05 - in Heaven you go Commando.
Post by: starlight on April 29, 2005, 11:28:43 am
Hee!  that last panel is classic.
How ungraceful...
I wonder why he didn't just appear in heaven... has there been a death where they haven't automatically?  hm...

I wish I had more to say, but I'm sleepy.  still like it. yes. good.
Title: 4/29/05 - in Heaven you go Commando.
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on April 29, 2005, 11:38:41 am
Funny yet again.  With luck this can be capped for the week with a funny Friday.
Title: 4/29/05 - in Heaven you go Commando.
Post by: robot_roll_call on April 29, 2005, 01:06:24 pm
I really like how he bumps into the top of panel 3.
Title: 4/29/05 - in Heaven you go Commando.
Post by: MSC on April 29, 2005, 01:16:20 pm
Also great how the "thud" is sounded outside the panel.  It's like the thud is heard only in the ghostly plane, not our own.

This strip captures the "achewood mood" of wonder/humiliation/joy/shame very nicely.
Title: 4/29/05 - in Heaven you go Commando.
Post by: CortJstr on April 29, 2005, 01:44:24 pm
I'm going to invoke the Halo Rule and say that Teodor will be coming back to life soon.

I hope he is just getting hazed and this isn't a common problem. Because that would suck for anybody who died inside a building. Hospital ceilings would be all crowded.
Title: 4/29/05 - in Heaven you go Commando.
Post by: jough on April 29, 2005, 03:58:04 pm
WHY IS HE NOT TALKING IN ALL CAPS?
Title: 4/29/05 - in Heaven you go Commando.
Post by: Choop on April 29, 2005, 04:07:17 pm
Well, neither did Beef or Molly when in heaven. Nor Trouble Man, nor No-No.

So maybe Blister is basically like a dick.
Title: 4/29/05 - in Heaven you go Commando.
Post by: CortJstr on April 29, 2005, 04:08:28 pm
Quote from: "jough"
WHY IS HE NOT TALKING IN ALL CAPS?

Because he's not totally dead yet. Beef and Molly both retained lowercase while in heaven, and they also didn't have halos. Blister's got the caps and the halo going for him, proving that he's all dead. Not even Miracle Max can help him now.

Although the wings perplex me.
Title: 4/29/05 - in Heaven you go Commando.
Post by: southworth813 on April 29, 2005, 04:55:55 pm
Perhaps he didn't Go Straight to Heaven and Collect 200 Dollars because he has some unfinished business on Earth.
Title: 4/29/05 - in Heaven you go Commando.
Post by: Choop on April 29, 2005, 05:05:50 pm
It just occurred to me that Téodor might want to turn off the porno if he can't get the cap out of his throat, or even if he can and it doesn't bring him back to life.

What would be more embarassing post-mortem than watching your corpse be discovered while skeezy smut plays on TV?
Title: 4/29/05 - in Heaven you go Commando.
Post by: V-Adore on April 29, 2005, 05:06:06 pm
Unfinished business like totally destroying Todd's ass?

I rather like the idea of death being intensely individualized. That said, this is the first time we've seen an alive stuffed animal die and not an actual mammal; it is possible we are watching entirely new metaphysical territory. It may be rad.

Is Beef going to have to go counsel Teodor about being a competent dead person and picking up girls?
Title: 4/29/05 - in Heaven you go Commando.
Post by: CortJstr on April 29, 2005, 06:04:56 pm
Quote from: "Choopernickel"
It just occurred to me that Téodor might want to turn off the porno if he can't get the cap out of his throat, or even if he can and it doesn't bring him back to life.

What would be more embarassing post-mortem than watching your corpse be discovered while skeezy smut plays on TV?

It totally looks like he died via autoerotic asphyxiation and that is hella lame.

Teodor needs some kind of dead man's switch such as people use on their computers.
Title: 4/29/05 - in Heaven you go Commando.
Post by: arkabee on April 29, 2005, 06:14:07 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "Choopernickel"
It just occurred to me that Téodor might want to turn off the porno if he can't get the cap out of his throat, or even if he can and it doesn't bring him back to life.

What would be more embarassing post-mortem than watching your corpse be discovered while skeezy smut plays on TV?

It totally looks like he died via autoerotic asphyxiation and that is hella lame.



autoerotic asphyxiation involving a bottle cap.

hella something, indeed.
Title: 4/29/05 - in Heaven you go Commando.
Post by: CortJstr on April 29, 2005, 06:53:20 pm
Quote from: "arkabee"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "Choopernickel"
It just occurred to me that Téodor might want to turn off the porno if he can't get the cap out of his throat, or even if he can and it doesn't bring him back to life.

What would be more embarassing post-mortem than watching your corpse be discovered while skeezy smut plays on TV?

It totally looks like he died via autoerotic asphyxiation and that is hella lame.

autoerotic asphyxiation involving a bottle cap.

hella something, indeed.

I'm just saying that when Lyle walks in he's going to see Teodor dead on the floor and blue, porno on the TV, and a roll of TP on the table. Upon further investigation the bottle cap will reveal itself, but still.

At least his ##### were still on.
Title: 4/29/05 - in Heaven you go Commando.
Post by: arkabee on April 29, 2005, 07:05:40 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"

I'm just saying that when Lyle walks in he's going to see Teodor dead on the floor and blue, porno on the TV, and a roll of TP on the table. Upon further investigation the bottle cap will reveal itself, but still.

At least his ****** were still on.


true, how one goes about finding a bottle cap in a dead body's throat may not have been somehting i was considering.

can you imagine how impotent T may end up feeling if he's still stuck on the ceiling and Lyle enters into the living room in a state such as the last panel of this strip? (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01182005)
Title: 4/29/05 - in Heaven you go Commando.
Post by: old kentucky shark on April 29, 2005, 08:46:05 pm
The gods must be crazy! Look!
Title: 4/29/05 - in Heaven you go Commando.
Post by: Bozack on April 29, 2005, 10:46:03 pm
T needs this (http://www.lorebrandcomics.com/hangyourself.html) shirt.
Title: 4/29/05 - in Heaven you go Commando.
Post by: robot_roll_call on April 29, 2005, 11:54:39 pm
This strip reminds me of a Calvin and Hobbes. It's part of the series where Calvin is lifted into the atmosphere by a single balloon. He tries to tie the balloon to he beltloop because his hands are tired, and the same thing happens to him as happened to Teodor.
Title: 4/29/05 - in Heaven you go Commando.
Post by: starlight on April 30, 2005, 03:35:24 am
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "jough"
WHY IS HE NOT TALKING IN ALL CAPS?

Because he's not totally dead yet. Beef and Molly both retained lowercase while in heaven, and they also didn't have halos. Blister's got the caps and the halo going for him, proving that he's all dead. Not even Miracle Max can help him now.

Although the wings perplex me.


I was going to bring up Blister, but was too tired to remember his name or go look it up... yay!

I was going to ask if Teodor was going to be like Blister and just hang out yelling at everyone....

He could be at a higher level than Blister (with the wings) yet still get to chill about on earth... I guess only time will tell... or NOT!
Title: 4/29/05 - in Heaven you go Commando.
Post by: Choop on April 30, 2005, 05:13:40 am
Quote from: "starlight"
I was going to bring up Blister, but was too tired to remember his name or go look it up... yay!

Look, if you're going to be lazy, you should get a Jason avatar. Brendan is not lazy.
Title: 4/29/05 - in Heaven you go Commando.
Post by: starlight on April 30, 2005, 05:21:17 am
Quote from: "Choopernickel"
Quote from: "starlight"
I was going to bring up Blister, but was too tired to remember his name or go look it up... yay!

Look, if you're going to be lazy, you should get a Jason avatar. Brendan is not lazy.


I said 'tired', not 'lazy'....
I was checking forums before signing off and quickly wanted to jot down a note about this strip since I saw no one posted about it yet then was going to bed.... I figured research would just properly wake me up again...

I PROMISE TO DO BETTER NEXT TIME, K?

[ETA:  I'm not really mad at the previous comment.. just being funny in my own semi-aggressive way]
Title: 4/29/05 - in Heaven you go Commando.
Post by: Choop on April 30, 2005, 05:32:57 am
I think semi-aggressive is hilarious.Yes, I twisted your words. Thanks for overreacting!

Your pal,
choop
Title: 4/29/05 - in Heaven you go Commando.
Post by: starlight on April 30, 2005, 10:15:12 am
Quote from: "Choopernickel"
I think semi-aggressive is hilarious.Yes, I twisted your words. Thanks for overreacting!

Your pal,
choop


Was that sarcasm?

I sometimes cannot tell in text.

At first I was thinking "oh yay!  they got the semi-aggression was all in humour!"

....but now I'm not sure.

I always do the all caps thing in good FUN!  SERIOUSLY!

[not everyone gets my humour in response to their humour though, so it's all good I guess]

[ETA:  perhaps I should've just made a random response about Home Movies instead of doing false aggressive humour posts... I apologise for having miscommunications if another is happening... friends?

WE'RE ALL FRIENDS HERE, EH?]
Title: 4/29/05 - in Heaven you go Commando.
Post by: Golfhaus on April 30, 2005, 04:27:30 pm
Quote from: "starlight"
WE'RE ALL FRIENDS HERE, EH?]


Well, everyone except Isosceles.
Title: 4/29/05 - in Heaven you go Commando.
Post by: Choop on April 30, 2005, 05:16:44 pm
Quote from: "starlight"
Was that sarcasm?

Couldn't you tell?

Quote from: "starlight"
I sometimes cannot tell in text.

Oh.

Quote from: "starlight"
At first I was thinking "oh yay!  they got the semi-aggression was all in humour!"

....but now I'm not sure.

Oh, you're not? You're not, are you. Are you.
Title: TTC
Post by: foolio on April 30, 2005, 05:46:58 pm
hey! Come to the Time Traveler Convention at MIT.

http://web.mit.edu/adorai/timetraveler/
Title: 4/29/05 - in Heaven you go Commando.
Post by: jough on April 30, 2005, 09:09:41 pm
I'm there right now.

I was there right now last week, too.

Man, I'm hungry.  I haven't eaten since later tonight.
Title: 4/29/05 - in Heaven you go Commando.
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on May 02, 2005, 03:25:23 am
new alt tag on the strip.
Title: 4/29/05 - in Heaven you go Commando.
Post by: jough on May 02, 2005, 04:17:46 am
Looks the same to me.

What's different about it?
Title: 4/29/05 - in Heaven you go Commando.
Post by: antioch on May 02, 2005, 05:00:16 am
"This is the reason it is hard for dead people to simply fly back down to earth, in Heaven you go Commando."

Soon.

"This is the reason it is hard for dead people to simply fly back down to earth: in Heaven you go Commando."
Title: 4/29/05 - in Heaven you go Commando.
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on May 02, 2005, 06:28:25 am
Quote from: "jough"
Looks the same to me.

What's different about it?


Could have sworn it was different (the "in heaven you go Commando" part was omitted). Probably an error on my part.