The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: Pedro Picasso on April 29, 2005, 11:00:19 pm

Title: Secret Postcards
Post by: Pedro Picasso on April 29, 2005, 11:00:19 pm
Sometimes sad.  Sometimes creepy.  Unutterably absorbing.  People's secrets on postcards.  PostSecret (http://postsecret.blogspot.com/)

_______________________
Whisper.
Title: Secret Postcards
Post by: St_Zartan on April 29, 2005, 11:21:37 pm
This is really good. I hope that they are all true. I get so swamped with the banal sometimes that it's easy to miss how many people are living poems.
Title: Secret Postcards
Post by: V-Adore on April 29, 2005, 11:44:37 pm
I sometimes get tempted to do this. I'm not sure if my secrets are interesting enough, but...
Title: Secret Postcards
Post by: jough on April 30, 2005, 03:56:47 am
I saw this on Waxy's links a couple weeks ago.  Some great stuff there.
Title: Secret Postcards
Post by: Choop on April 30, 2005, 05:31:07 am
I saw it on Zelman like a week ago. Strangely, I always figure this board to be full of surfers who find good links.

Should I change my admitted preconception and post links for all to see?
Title: Secret Postcards
Post by: linnea on April 30, 2005, 06:15:39 am
I have a bunch that I would like to send in, but I don't know that I ever will. I found this link a few weeks ago on NPR's site.
Title: Secret Postcards
Post by: miles on April 30, 2005, 06:28:08 am
Onstad?  Mrs. Onstad? (http://photos1.blogger.com/img/296/2612/1024/rr.jpg)
Title: Secret Postcards
Post by: Choop on April 30, 2005, 04:19:52 pm
Quote from: "miles"
Onstad?  Mrs. Onstad? (http://photos1.blogger.com/img/296/2612/1024/rr.jpg)

ERROR
The requested URL could not be retrieved

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://127.0.0.1:8000/img/296/2612/1024/rr.jpg

The following error was encountered:

    * Access Denied.

      Access control configuration prevents your request from being allowed at this time. Please contact your service provider if you feel this is incorrect.

Your cache administrator is root.
Title: Secret Postcards
Post by: AugustWest on April 30, 2005, 05:20:53 pm
I got this error too.  I just went straight to Pedro's link and tried to figure it out myself.  My guess is that he's referring to the postcard that's second from the bottom.
Title: Secret Postcards
Post by: CortJstr on April 30, 2005, 06:20:05 pm
Try this (http://postsecret.blogspot.com/#110472312286293988). Although since they have no archives and this is way at the bottom by tomorrow it will probably be gone.
Title: Secret Postcards
Post by: jough on April 30, 2005, 09:10:54 pm
It won't work if you click right on the link due to their hotlinking efforts, but when you get the error message, just select the addressbar and press return.

It'll load.