The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: acoxcae on May 04, 2005, 02:07:13 am
-
Well, it was bound to happen - Ray nearly achieves greatness, but ends up just being hungry and able to express that through the power of math.
Good for Ray.
But what about Teodor?
acoxcae
-
Clueless Ray rides again.
~Paul
-
Alt-text sounds like a George Clinton song.
I laughed out loud at this one, though - first time in a while.
-
Great, now I'm hungry for an egg sandwich.
-
Ray already has achieved greatness! At least twice.
The last panel is priceless--the dialogue, that is.
-
Gorgeous. Simply gorgeous.
I half expect him to get jumped by Einstein's ghost, honestly.
-
Great, now I'm hungry for an egg sandwich.
Me too :\
...and I haven't been able to stand the smell of eggs for a couple years. I might have to endure it soon... ooooooh!
---
The rest of this is good as well.
-
I'd never even heard of an egg sandwich until just now.
-
I'd never even heard of an egg sandwich until just now.
There's this chain fast food place called "McDonald's." There are quite a few of them. They sell something called an "Egg McMuffin," which is a sandwich composed of egg, cheese, and ham on an English muffin. You should check it out sometime.
OK, I am done being a dick now.
-
I'd never even heard of an egg sandwich until just now.
There's this chain fast food place called "McDonald's." There are quite a few of them. They sell something called an "Egg McMuffin," which is a sandwich composed of egg, cheese, and ham on an English muffin. You should check it out sometime.
OK, I am done being a dick now.
sadly, i must admit to having watched "The Simple Life" on at least one occassion.
one of the "ladies" said something to the effect of "what's walmart?".
i stared at the teevee, for what amounted to a long time.
you go outside, you look around, you see a large sign that says "WalMart" standing in front of a large building that has another sign labelled "WalMart" on the front. You go inside that building.
i am dumbfounded by the idea that someone could not have heard of an egg sandwich, since _to_me_ that would necessitate living in some distant world, perhaps in an alternate universe where there are no hens and no unfertilized eggs. no wonder bread or hellman's mayonaise.
perhaps there are no sandwiches,
at all.
i am not being a dick to you cortjstr, i am just insensate; i am overwhelmed.
-
That's not really an egg sandwich such as I think of it. I consider that just yuck. An egg sandwich is a scrambled egg on toast with mayo, lettuce and tomato. A little salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with potato chips. It's not necessarily for breakfast.
Now i'm hungry.
~Paul
-
Yeah, I gotta go with an egg sandwich being like, eggs on a sandwich, or maybe an egg salad sandwich, which can be pretty good if made right.
I don't know if I'd consider the McMuffin, McGridle, Croissanwich, or any of those other varieties to be EGG sandwiches as much as they are BREAKFAST sandwiches.
Because if you're not getting bacon or sausage on them, they just ain't breakfast.
Also, McDonalds sells a variant of the McMuffin which is JUST sausage and cheese. No egg. So that clearly would not be an "egg sandwich."
-
Egg sandwich = fried egg, over hard w/ salt, pepper and hot sauce. Meat (bacon, sausage, ham or fried bologna!) or cheese are nice additions, but not necessary. Egg sammichs are a gift from God.
-
We have competing egg sandwich recipes. I think mine is the best, but Augie's recipie is not without merit. I believe this calls for a poll. Which egg sandwich would you prefer?
~Paul
-
Ask and ye shall receive.
-
Ask and ye shall receive.
Tofeggy w/ extra brown nut paste
Where's andalucia when you need her? Someone's gotta vote for Tofeggy.
I immediately thought of an egg salad sandwich, but I think I prefer AW's. If I had bread, I'd make one now.
Edit: 'd
-
My vote is for egg sandwich on a bagel or croissant with meat AND cheese.
I mean, if you're going to eat the thing, you may as well go all the way.
I should add though that I usually puss-out and use fat free singles cheese, because I need my heart to live.
-
I don't eat eggs - if I were to have something sandwich-related for breakfast (which I usually skip in the morning), it's typically a sausage biscuit.
-
That's not really an egg sandwich such as I think of it. I consider that just yuck. An egg sandwich is a scrambled egg on toast with mayo, lettuce and tomato. A little salt and pepper to taste.
Thank you, Paul. When I read "egg sandwich" this is what I pictured (but with the fried egg) and I thought, "huh, I'd never seen/heard of that before but it makes sense."
Crossanwiches and Mc*'s never really entered my mind.
Also, what Golfhaus said. I'm not a fan of eggs. Or pancakes. Or waffles. Or french toast. Or really the concept of breakfast in general. IHOP is my arch nemesis.
-
Also, what Golfhaus said. I'm not a fan of eggs. Or pancakes. Or waffles. Or french toast. Or really the concept of breakfast in general. IHOP is my arch nemesis.
You sure you're an American? Breakfast is the best meal in American cuisine, because you can get a decent breakfast somewhere in pretty much any city or town.
My egg sandwich: scrambled eggs, fried taters, cheese, optional sausage, on a tortilla, slathered with salsa.
What? A burrito is like a Mexican sandwich! Get outta my face!
-
What? A burrito is like a Mexican sandwich! Get outta my face!
I think a Mexican sandwich is a torta, and is basically like a...sandwich.
Edit: Here. (http://www.restmex.com/recipes/0403torta.shtml) They are very tasty.
-
You sure you're an American?
Not always. You don't even want to know my feelings on baseball and apple pie.
-
Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day. I loves me some omlets, pancakes, homefries, waffles, egg sandwiches, fried eggs, scrambled eggs, french toast, hash browns, sausages, ham, bacon, scrapple (it's a Philly thing), lots of veggies, like onions, green pepers, potatoes, mushrooms, in my omlets.
Bagles, toast, rolls, jelly, syrup, butter, coffee, orange juice, tomato juice, milk, cereal, oatmeal, grits, crepes, SOS, corned beef hash, donuts, danish, breakfast burritos...
Man, there's a lot of breakfast stuff.
-
My favorite of the breakfast/egg sandwiches seems to be offered exclusively at my hometown Bagel Works. I speak, of course, of the Herbert Hoover.
This is a sandwich made out of a toasted "works" bagel (that's one covered in sesame seeds, poppyseeds, salt, all kinds of good stuff), some chive-herb cream cheese, a scrambled egg, and spicy-sweet honey mustard.
Don't knock it until you've tried it. I literally live off of these things. They're amazing.
$2.25, only at Bagel Works, Temple Street, Portland.
[ Franz. ]
-
Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day.
I'm a breakfast for dinner kind of guy.
~Paul
-
No egg-salad option? Not even "sliced hard-boiled eggs"? Bah.
-
No egg-salad option? Not even "sliced hard-boiled eggs"? Bah.
that's not an egg sandwich, it's an egg salad sandwich, which is a sandwich that has egg in it.
please, help me people, i feel the "i don't want cheese on it, if i wanted cheese on my GD hamburger i'd have used the word dedicated to the concept of cheese on a hamburger: cheeseburger." rant coming on.
dammit, i did it, didn't i?
-
How about this:
Fried egg, mature cheddar, sliced raw onion, sliced tomato, salt, peber and plenty of tabasco or chili on lovingly toasted wholemeal bread.
Yum.
-
How about this:
Fried egg, mature cheddar, sliced raw onion, sliced tomato, salt, peber and plenty of tabasco or chili on lovingly toasted wholemeal bread.
Yum.
That sounds divine. Although, depending on my mood, I might omit the onion (or cook it a bit). Sometimes raw onion just doesn't do it for me. But aged cheddar and sliced tomato are good with just about anything on a sandwich. I need to go shopping.
It also reminds me of the scene from Spanglish where Adam Sandler prepares his egg sandwich, before arguing with Paz Vega. I don't remember what was on it, but I do remember that it was lonvingly prepared.
Edit: Did you know that May is national egg month? It is.
-
I'm a breakfast any-damn-time kinda guy. I especially find it delicious after I've been out for the night and it's 2:30AM. Man, a Blue Ribbon special sure goes down good at that time of day.
I can even almost stomach the Denny's Grand Slam.
-
The Spanglish DVD has a feature showing you how to make that sandwich.
-
1. Get some Home Pride wheat bread. Lightly toast and butter two slices.
2. Scramble two eggs, making sure to season your eggs with pepper.
3. Cook up three strips of bacon. (I like mine soft.)
4. On the buttered side of one slice of bread, stack the scrambled eggs and bacon slices. Top with the other slice of bread, butter side toward the eggs and bacon.
5. Enjoy this with a tall glass of whole milk.
6. Call me and tell me what an awesome thing this is to eat at any hour of the day.
-
1. Get some Home Pride wheat bread. Lightly toast and butter two slices.
2. Scramble two eggs, making sure to season your eggs with pepper.
3. Cook up three strips of bacon. (I like mine soft.)
4. On the buttered side of one slice of bread, stack the scrambled eggs and bacon slices. Top with the other slice of bread, butter side toward the eggs and bacon.
5. Enjoy this with a tall glass of whole milk.
6. Call me and tell me what an awesome thing this is to eat at any hour of the day.
YES. It's also nice if you can scramble the eggs in such a way that they kind of stick together in one large piece, so they're not falling out of the sandwich while you're trying to eat it. My mom had a little square pan just the size of a piece of bread. Oh, how I miss that pan, and the sandwiches thereof. And my mom. :cry:
-jennifer and the beans
-
Now look what we've done, our sandwich talk has driven this poor woman to tears of longing for her lost mother.
~Paul
-
I look forward to Saturday morning, when most every week I lovingly craft myself a fried egg sandwich after running various errands.
The only downside is that looking forward to this is basically a prime indicator that my life is utterly devoid of meaning and purpose.
-
I look forward to Saturday morning, when most every week I lovingly craft myself a fried egg sandwich after running various errands.
The only downside is that looking forward to this is basically a prime indicator that my life is utterly devoid of meaning and purpose.
I look forward to Saturday's because I can sleep till lunch.
Meaning and purpose are overrated. Just ask any given person on the Internet. Especially if they say "intar-web"
-
I just don't get breakfast. Not a huge fan. Maybe I am a mutant -- I like egs sometimes, and egg-related sandwiches sometimes, and I can do breakfast, but man. I'd rather just have lunch.
-
Our favorite scrambled egg sandwich consists of eggs scrambled double-boiler style (thanks, Alton!), with neuftachel cheese melted in and diced tomatoes added to eggs at the very last second so they just barely get warm. Top with smoked salmon, serve on VERY toasty whole wheat or pumpernickel rye bread.
-
Now look what we've done, our sandwich talk has driven this poor woman to tears of longing for her lost mother.
An egg sandwich is a powerful thing. Einstein obviously knows this, and is trying to deliver the truth through Ray.
-jennifer and the beans
-
The Spanglish DVD has a feature showing you how to make that sandwich.
I just rented it and am not about to rent it again (it wasn't that good), but here (http://www.collectivedetective.com/missions/48/make-a-spanglish-sandwich) is a site that has the recipe, for anyone interested. It seems like it would be really good. I think I may give it a shot this weekend.
-
Our favorite scrambled egg sandwich consists of eggs scrambled double-boiler style (thanks, Alton!), with neuftachel cheese melted in and diced tomatoes added to eggs at the very last second so they just barely get warm. Top with smoked salmon, serve on VERY toasty whole wheat or pumpernickel rye bread.
Dang, that egg sandwich is almost frou-frou enough for Onstad!
Almost.
-
The Spanglish DVD has a feature showing you how to make that sandwich.
I just rented it and am not about to rent it again (it wasn't that good), but here (http://www.collectivedetective.com/missions/48/make-a-spanglish-sandwich) is a site that has the recipe, for anyone interested. It seems like it would be really good. I think I may give it a shot this weekend.
I'm suddenly reminded of 10-Minute Cooking School on Once Upon a Time in Mexico.
-
The board is pretty evenly split on the whole scrambled vs. fried debate. Which is better? Thankfully you have me to answer this question once and for all and put the whole thing to rest.
I had my Mom and Dad over and we tried the egg sandwich both ways.
(http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/EGG_SANDWICH/DSCN4537-E-S-600.jpg)
Egg Sandwich Fried
(http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/EGG_SANDWICH/DSCN4538-E-600.jpg)
Egg Sandwich Scrambled
(http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/EGG_SANDWICH/DSCN4546-E-600.jpg)
My Dad took the Fried. We copped out and added lettuce and tomatoes, I hope that doesn't skew the results
(http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/EGG_SANDWICH/DSCN4545-E-600.jpg)
Ma took the scrambled
(http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/EGG_SANDWICH/DSCN4548-E-600.jpg)
I took half and half.
(http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/EGG_SANDWICH/DSCN4549-E-600.jpg)
By the end we had all tried both types and our unanimous conclusion is it's a draw. They are both delicious.
~Paul
-
Is that sweet tea they're drinking?
-
I know I am a little late on this, but I am an egg sandwich fanatic.
My favourite method is an adaptation of a dish made in most of the northern Indian train stations.
Start by beating two eggs in bowl.
To the bowl add a chopped chilli, salt and pepper to taste.
Heat a pan and some butter.
Fry ½ onion until it is the way you like it, place onion in egg mixture (but not the butter)
Place two pieces of bread in frying pan.
Turn when they are just beginning to toast.
Pour egg mixture over the bread so that the egg kind of soaks into the bread.
When the egg looks like it will turn over without going everywhere, turn it over.
Cook for a little, then fold the two pieces of bread together to form a sandwich.
Keep in pan until sandwich is cooked all the way through.
Traditionally served wrapped in newspaper, I prefer a plate with some tomato sauce.
-
I am moved by the romance of the idea of an egg sandwich served in Northern Indian train stations. And the recipe sounds good too.
Although, Paul's pictures remind me that I think that not only are most American egg sandwiches better if you put bacon on them, they are then even better if you then also leave the egg out.
-
Yes, this recipe is getting tried by me sometime in the near future.
Or, I could just go to India. My sister's friend lives there, so why the hell not?
-
I'd just like to say that I've had two egg sandwiches since my last post in this thread...
I like to eat it fried (use olive oil; it adds extra flavour) in a toasted english muffin myself; I think once I used italian toast though.
-
I tried the Northern Indian train station sandwich LAST NIGHT!
And it was a fine thing.
-
The tofeggy option has duly recieved its vote.
I am hell of all about the breakfast. Cereal's good, but too expensive. Toast is good because I bake my own bread, but mostly I am all about pancakes, which is a fine meal especially because the vegan ones (http://vegweb.com/recipes/breakfast/1060.shtml) I make can be made out of pretty much nothing for any meal when one has no other food.
But yes, the egg sandwich. Sorry if this thread was dead, I've been trying to catch up on things. One of my recent questionable achievements was attaining summer employment at Le Muffin Et Plus, a coffee retailer in the epicenter of a mall food court. Anyways, so this involves making a variety of breakfast-type sandwiches, and I am testifying that fast food egg sandwich time things are an abomination that nobody should consume, or have to assemble.
-
The Indian egg sandwich rocks. Thank you.
-
My dad (born in North India) would make us a sort of egg sandwich that was grilled between a layered, unleavned, whole wheat grilled indian flatbread (not chappatis or naan, but I don't know it's proper name) that was pretty good. I don't know if Indians generally use "european" style bread for this sandwich or not but it does sound good.