The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => History => Topic started by: pmcd9 on May 05, 2005, 01:43:19 pm
-
It's 05/05/05 which is pretty cool.
It's also Cinco de Mayo or as us Gringos call it Thursday.
~Paul
-
Happy fives day, everybody. Those less anal of us just note it as 5/5/5 which looks a bit like you've won fifty bucks playing slots.
_________________
Epsilon.
-
Free candy bar! Today only!
http://hersheys.eprize.net/take5giveaway/index.tbapp?affiliate_id=1b
-
I am NOT driving all the way to DC or Raleigh to get a free CANDY BAR.
Hampton Roads gets no respect, I tell ya.
-
I am NOT driving all the way to DC or Raleigh to get a free CANDY BAR.
Hampton Roads gets no respect, I tell ya.
Q) How many Hampton Roads-ians does it take to screw in a light bulb?
A) All of them. It's the most exciting thing in town to do.
-
I am NOT driving all the way to DC or Raleigh to get a free CANDY BAR.
dude they have pretzels in them
-
They have a form where you can sign yourself up for SO MUCH SPAM and you'll get a free candy bar for your trouble.
THEN YOU CAN TELL YOUR FRIENDS
-
They have a form where you can sign yourself up for SO MUCH SPAM and you'll get a free candy bar for your trouble.
Wait. A free candy bar and free spam? Could this be the best day of my life?
I think so!
-
Horrors! That is exactly the candy bar I was talking about in the thread about snacking. What is the matter with you kids today? Can't you make a simple decision about whether you want chocolate or pretzels? They are two different things.
JUST SAY NO.
-
Horrors! That is exactly the candy bar I was talking about in the thread about snacking. What is the matter with you kids today? Can't you make a simple decision about whether you want chocolate or pretzels? They are two different things.
JUST SAY NO.
Have you really never enjoyed chocolate covered pretzels? That candy bar is a bit too much, but chocolate covered pretzels--what's wrong with that? Like chocolate covered nuts!
-
Or that Ben and Jerry's flavor with the pretzels in the chocolate ice cream...I think it's "Chubby Hubby" and it's sooooo good.
-
They have a form where you can sign yourself up for SO MUCH SPAM and you'll get a free candy bar for your trouble.
I have e-mail addresses that exist only to take just this sort of bullet.
-
Horrors! That is exactly the candy bar I was talking about in the thread about snacking. What is the matter with you kids today? Can't you make a simple decision about whether you want chocolate or pretzels? They are two different things.
JUST SAY NO.
Have you really never enjoyed chocolate covered pretzels? That candy bar is a bit too much, but chocolate covered pretzels--what's wrong with that? Like chocolate covered nuts!
Also, McDonald's sells these sandwiches that have eggs on 'em. Check 'em out.
-
Have you really never enjoyed chocolate covered pretzels? That candy bar is a bit too much, but chocolate covered pretzels--what's wrong with that? Like chocolate covered nuts!
NOOOOO.
But I confess: I've never really grown out of that toddler stage where I can't stand to have different kinds of food touch on my plate.
-
Have you really never enjoyed chocolate covered pretzels? That candy bar is a bit too much, but chocolate covered pretzels--what's wrong with that? Like chocolate covered nuts!
NOOOOO.
Chocolate and pretzels together voted unpopular in wombat's mind.
-
They have a form where you can sign yourself up for SO MUCH SPAM and you'll get a free candy bar for your trouble.
I have e-mail addresses that exist only to take just this sort of bullet.
Yeah, I know this is why Jesus invented Gmail, and why they give you 47,383 invitations, but sheesh. Why do they need my email address to send me a candy bar? Are they going to email it to me?
-
They have a form where you can sign yourself up for SO MUCH SPAM and you'll get a free candy bar for your trouble.
I have e-mail addresses that exist only to take just this sort of bullet.
Yeah, I know this is why Jesus invented Gmail, and why they give you 47,383 invitations, but sheesh. Why do they need my email address to send me a candy bar? Are they going to email it to me?
Probably not, but wouldn't it be cool if they could?
-
Have you really never enjoyed chocolate covered pretzels?
Not since I saw "Mallrats".
-
Or that Ben and Jerry's flavor with the pretzels in the chocolate ice cream...I think it's "Chubby Hubby" and it's sooooo good.
With all due respect (and with serious risk of infringing on the Snacks thread), Ben and Jerry's really needs to make ice cream that does not involve chunks of random crap in it. Am I the last person on Earth who prefers my ice cream without fudge ripples and candy-coated peanut butter chunklets, plus nuts and maybe some carefully infused marshmallow goo? A little can be nice sometimes, but combined with the richness of B&J's as it stands and Jeeeee-zus, just give me some fuck*ng sorbet.
-
Am I the last person on Earth who prefers my ice cream without fudge ripples and candy-coated peanut butter chunklets, plus nuts and maybe some carefully infused marshmallow goo? A little can be nice sometimes, but combined with the richness of B&J's as it stands and Jeeeee-zus, just give me some fuck*ng sorbet.
I guess due to the context etc I read that last bit as "...the richness of PB&J's" and I thought, holy shit, have they made peanut butter and jelly ice cream? Is this even possible?
Generally, I don't care too much for objects in my ice cream, but I do like rippled varieties. They remind me of cross sections in Geology textbooks. You can pretend to be biting a mountain, a form of erosion not generally covered by the mainstream Science Establishment.
-
Yeah, I am more inclined to enjoy ripples than I am to enjoy objects. It's probably the textural element -- ripples add to the smooth texture of good ice cream and don't suddenly add nasty crunchy bits. That said, they can be much of a muchness at times.
Er, so... yes. Happy almost-Friday, all.
-
I generally prefer frozen custards or yogurts to ice cream. I like the texture better and they're less likely to make me yelp like a wounded dog clutching my teeth in pain.
That said, my favorite ice cream was from a mom & pop near my house that made raspberry truffle. It had whole truffles in it. But not giant Godiva-sized ones. These were a little smaller than mini Reese's cups. They even had the little ridges. It was so good I forgave the place for being closed on Sundays.
-
At Coldstone, a place where they mix stuff in the ice cream for you, the most I'll ever do is peanut butter in chocolate or cinnamon in sweet cream or vanilla.
Sometimes, I just get vanilla. Ice cream's too good to be ruined by too much shit.
-
Q) How many Hampton Roads-ians does it take to screw in a light bulb?
A) All of them. It's the most exciting thing in town to do.
(http://www.prolefeed.com/therest/lylefinger.png)
-
At Coldstone
Could this place be anymore of a Marble Slab rip off if it tried?
~Paul
-
At Coldstone
Could this place be anymore of a Marble Slab rip off if it tried?
Like I give a fuck. It gives me the ice cream I need.
I think I did experience Marble Slab first, though.
-
Q) How many Hampton Roads-ians does it take to screw in a light bulb?
A) All of them. It's the most exciting thing in town to do.
(http://www.prolefeed.com/therest/lylefinger.png)
I think this post might win at the internet.
-
Ice Cream with Ripples, for her pleasure.
And Zart, I'm in for 50% if you want to pursue that PB&J ice cream idea. Just as long as we also offer a marshmallow Fluff™ variety too.
-
AND to go on topic for a change...
Dorito's, classic nacho flavor. There's only one other flavor I like, and I've only seen it in Mexico. The USian version of Jalape~no Cheddar is a sad, sad interpretation of the Mexican hit.
Cape Cod potato chips (Party Size!) with Dean's Onion Dip (Family Size!) can last anywhere from an hour to a couple weeks, depending on quality of seal and both quality and quantity of intoxicants.
Pocky's good, but it ain't all it's cracked up to be. They're so damned skinny (at least, Pocky For Men are) you have to eat all of them!
And, of course, the classic, that one everybody loves but never names: the Kit-Kat. The new-ish Mondo-Sized one is Utterly Phenomenal. How did they make an even better Kit-Kat. How could they possibly.
None of these, however, rate nearly as good a snack after work hours as a nice hearty beer of the Smithwick's, Negra Modelo, or Belhaven labels.[/i]
-
At Coldstone
Could this place be anymore of a Marble Slab rip off if it tried?
Like I give a fuck. It gives me the ice cream I need.
I think I did experience Marble Slab first, though.
Simmer down now I wasn't even trying to compare quality of product. I'm no stranger to Cold Stone (http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Misc/DSCN1157-E-500.jpg). It's pretty allright, but when I gotta have the high quality cream I get myself on over to Amy's (http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Misc/DSCN3396-E-500.jpg). Now that's the good stuff.
~Paul
-
At Coldstone
Could this place be anymore of a Marble Slab rip off if it tried?
Like I give a fuck. It gives me the ice cream I need.
I think I did experience Marble Slab first, though.
Simmer down now I wasn't even trying to compare quality of product.
Just because I said I didn't give fuck doesn't mean I was mad. Sorry to give that impression. You can criticize any unoriginal food establishment you want to. It's fine by me.
And at first I thought you wrote "Slimmer down now," as if you were criticizing my snacking habits. Like you could tell that I was overweight because of the snacks I listed. Which was awesome. I was touched by your concern.
-
At Coldstone
Could this place be anymore of a Marble Slab rip off if it tried?
I've never heard of Marble Slab. Round these parts we just have Coldstone and Maggie Moo's
-
And, of course, the classic, that one everybody loves but never names: the Kit-Kat. The new-ish Mondo-Sized one is Utterly Phenomenal. How did they make an even better Kit-Kat. How could they possibly.
I was also amazed the first time I saw this at a store. I'm still waiting for them to sell the Big Kit-Kat in a package of four, like the smaller ones.
None of these, however, rate nearly as good a snack after work hours as a nice hearty beer of the Smithwick's, Negra Modelo, or Belhaven labels.[/i]
I discovered New Belgium Trippel a while back, and that's pretty much become my favorite after-work snack.
-
And at first I thought you wrote "Slimmer down now," as if you were criticizing my snacking habits. Like you could tell that I was overweight because of the snacks I listed. Which was awesome. I was touched by your concern.
This is why I always use my middle initial in my usernames.
As for snacks, whatever is around will be fine with me. Which is probably why I'm not slimmer.
I've been on a salt water taffy binge lately, and when my friend from Germany came to visit, he brought me this (http://malincho.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=ST110). For the extra serving of milk!
-
They have a form where you can sign yourself up for SO MUCH SPAM and you'll get a free candy bar for your trouble.
I have e-mail addresses that exist only to take just this sort of bullet.
Yeah, I know this is why Jesus invented Gmail, and why they give you 47,383 invitations, but sheesh. Why do they need my email address to send me a candy bar? Are they going to email it to me?
Probably not, but wouldn't it be cool if they could?
I think it would officially ruin my life if chocolate could be sent by email. I'd turn into a round mass of flesh, like, instantly.
-
I think it would officially ruin my life if chocolate could be sent by email. I'd turn into a round mass of flesh, like, instantly.
This is also the reason nobody has telekinetic abilities. It's the universe protecting us from our own sloth. I mean think of all the times you've been all, "I want another Mountain Dew, but the fridge is way over there."
-
I forgot. Milk and honey sandwiches. It's just a fluffernutter with honey, but it is totally like having that Herb Albert album cover (http://www.tunescompany.com/pictures_ab/herb_albert_-_whipped_cream_and_other_delights.jpg) in your mouth.