The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Sports & Leisure => Topic started by: Gimpson on May 05, 2005, 07:45:25 pm

Title: Everyone's your friend in New York City
Post by: Gimpson on May 05, 2005, 07:45:25 pm
I'm heading out to NYC next week for a wedding.  My girl has most of the trip mapped out for us, but there will be a 4-8 hour period where she will be shopping and I will be able to entertain myself.  

Anybody have suggestions for what to do with that time?  I'm just happy that I'll happen to be in town for MC Frontalot (http://www.frontalot.com)'s show.  Anything on top of that is just a bonus.
Title: Everyone's your friend in New York City
Post by: AlohaDawg on May 05, 2005, 08:43:38 pm
They've cleared all the fun stuff out of Times Square, so I'm out of options.
Title: Everyone's your friend in New York City
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on May 05, 2005, 08:53:59 pm
The Yankees are in town early in the week, the Mets on the weekend.

Sadly, the Brooklyn Cyclones don't start their season until June.
Title: Everyone's your friend in New York City
Post by: Va on May 05, 2005, 09:41:46 pm
My favorite thing in NYC is the American Museum of Natural History.  I spent a lot of time there when I lived in Manhattan (birth - 12 years old).  There's a life-sized model of a blue whale suspended from the ceiling of The Hall of giraffees.  Extremely rad.
Title: Everyone's your friend in New York City
Post by: Limmo on May 05, 2005, 11:23:59 pm
Just take the 6 train to Astor Place and start walking in a southwesterly direction.
Title: Everyone's your friend in New York City
Post by: linnea on May 06, 2005, 01:28:56 am
Extra points of radness for including the TMBG song lyrics in your thread title. I have never been to the Big Apple, so I'd like to hear about your trip.
Title: Everyone's your friend in New York City
Post by: Bozack on May 06, 2005, 02:42:10 am
I, uh, live here. If you want to get together or something and I'll take you to eat something....or....something.


MOMA's nice!
Title: Everyone's your friend in New York City
Post by: pmcd9 on May 06, 2005, 05:24:14 am
Quote from: "Va"
My favorite thing in NYC is the American Museum of Natural History.  I spent a lot of time there when I lived in Manhattan (birth - 12 years old).  There's a life-sized model of a blue whale suspended from the ceiling of The Hall of giraffees.  Extremely rad.

Is that where Ross Geller works?

~Paul
Title: Everyone's your friend in New York City
Post by: jough on May 06, 2005, 06:34:02 am
Quote from: "pmcd9"

Is that where Ross Geller works?


Nothing says "I'm living outside of my surrounding popular culture" when I have to Google "Ross Geller" only to find he's a character on one of the highest rated sitcoms of all time.
Title: Everyone's your friend in New York City
Post by: pmcd9 on May 06, 2005, 07:10:10 am
Quote from: "Bozack"
MOMA's nice!

MOMA's day is Sunday.  [rimshot]

~Paul
Title: Everyone's your friend in New York City
Post by: Gimpson on May 06, 2005, 01:36:22 pm
Quote from: "Bozack"
I, uh, live here. If you want to get together or something and I'll take you to eat something....or....something.


Hey cool!  Bex has most of our time mapped out, but I know that we'll be at the MC Frontalot show at The Slipper Room at 10:00 on Wednesday.  (You're a student, right?  What is your drinking-age status?)  Then I have my block of free time on Thursday during the day.  I'll PM you some contact info, maybe you can suggest something for Lunch on Thursday.